YesNoOk

Crouching required sprites (Read 1979 times)

Started by vyn, April 29, 2019, 04:51:38 pm
Share this topic:

vyn

Crouching required sprites
#1  April 29, 2019, 04:51:38 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
So im making something extremely limited in source sprites and id like to know which sprites mugen requires for the crouching states to prevent any problems or compatibility issues?.

like 10,0 or 11,0

Thanks!
Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 05:00:32 pm by vyn
Re: Crouching required sprites
#2  April 29, 2019, 05:21:18 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Technically, these are all the Required Sprites.
There aren't any required crouch sprites.

It depends on the character you are making, and if you are trying to fit in with other characters.  Mortal Kombat character will have different number of crouches vs Street Fighter, and DBZ, MvC, etc.

The average character should probably have the same amount of crouching sprites as Kung Fu Man.

It's really up to you, though.  My Jailbot character doesn't even crouch at all, which is basically due to laziness on my end.  The character kind of makes up for it in other ways, but if I ever get around to updating him he will be getting crouches.

Re: Crouching required sprites
#3  April 30, 2019, 06:28:14 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I would think the 11,0 would be the one you NEED if anything.
Some characters may rely on P2 having crouching sprites for throws/custom states.
But if anything, just duplicate your 0,x sprite. (x being the last frame of your standing animation). Using 0,0 as 11,0 might not transition so well because there'd be no discernible difference. Using the last sprite would continue the animation seamlessly.

I don't think mugen throws an error to debug if you don't have 10,0 &/or 11,0.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv