YesNoOk

Bis's Sprites (Read 35573 times)

Started by bis1994, September 18, 2013, 03:38:36 am
Re: Bis's Sprites
#21  August 11, 2017, 09:39:40 pm
    • Brazil
There are still a few issues regarding lightsource (KOF vs CVS), but overall they're pretty good. My main concerns are:

Phoenix:
  • Her hair is pillow shaded and it's not like any other CVS character out there (usually there's one color for light, one for shadow, and one for highlights). Her face is also not properly defined.
  • The glossy effect on the cosume is a decent attempt, but doesn't look CVS-ish at all. It's way too loud (kinda reminds me of the "Captain America and the Avengers" arcade game or "Justice League Task Force" on the Genesis). What's your base? I would recommend using bison's armor as a reference for metallic/glossy look or just forego the glossy look altogether

Geese:
  • The muscles look wrong. Try to base it on the actual CVS Geese Howard, then reference Joe for how muscles and shading would look on a shirtless character. Always use a base.

Thanks for the tips!! I will try to fix those issues!!
    #22  August 14, 2017, 06:32:43 am
    • Some day I'll finish this thing...
      • Argentina
    Hopefully you wont wait 3 years to post new stuff next time! ;)

Dont worry, I'm not saying that to be a smartass. I just hope you didnt get discouraged the last time we gave you feedback and thats why it took so long to post new stuff. Hope we can see more of your work soon!
    #23  October 04, 2017, 04:11:56 pm
      • Brazil
    Added Aya Brea (From Parasite Eve), Mai Shiranui (Kof 98 Sprite to CVS) and Benimaru (CVS Capcom Artwork)
    Check the first post (under "New Sprites")

Hopefully you wont wait 3 years to post new stuff next time! ;)

Dont worry, I'm not saying that to be a smartass. I just hope you didnt get discouraged the last time we gave you feedback and thats why it took so long to post new stuff. Hope we can see more of your work soon!

Yes, thanks for your feedback, and please dont worry on pointing issues!!
    Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:57:29 pm by AlexSin
    #24  October 04, 2017, 09:35:33 pm
    • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
    • Wammy Giveaway
      • USA
      • wammyradio.tumblr.com
    Do you, by chance, have any experience with CPS2 sprites (Street Fighter Alpha, Darkstalkers, Marvel vs. Capcom)?
    #25  October 17, 2017, 04:28:22 pm
      • Brazil
    Added Ada Wong and Joe (First post)!!
    #26  November 30, 2017, 07:38:13 pm
      • Brazil
    Do you, by chance, have any experience with CPS2 sprites (Street Fighter Alpha, Darkstalkers, Marvel vs. Capcom)?

No, but nothing that I can't try!! (I will try to do something in this style in the future)

And some New/Fixed Stuff!!

Nightmare Geese(Fatal Fury/KOF), Phoenix/Jean Grey(Marvel), Aya Brea (Parasite Eve), and Ultimecia(FFVIII).

A BIG thanks to Ho-Oh's Apprentice and Graphicus for the feedback.
    #27  November 30, 2017, 08:25:47 pm
    • Osu!
    • Dragon Destiny Project
      • Brazil
    Very good sprites, specially Geese.

Portuguese: Cara, estou te mandando vários PM's mas você não responde a meses!

English: Man, I'm sended various PM's to you, but you did not answer me for many months!
    Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 08:33:11 pm by Akito
    #28  March 30, 2018, 02:52:43 am
      • Brazil
    Guys, added a bunch of new stuff, check the first post, it's based on my personal spriting style.

Here:

Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 06:21:04 am by bis1994
    #29  March 30, 2018, 03:57:43 pm
    • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
      • USA
      • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
      • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
    Huh. Interesting style you got there. A form of chibi it seems?

Good to see you're still kicking around at least! Was wondering what happened to ya, seem to disappear for a long time heh. Was going to see if you're still interested in what we mentioned in PM a long time ago. Which...I'd have to find again since it's been months. ^^;
    #30  May 01, 2019, 12:56:27 am
      • Brazil
    Hey guys and girls! Long time without posting anyting, but I'm slowly comming back, and here's some new stuff I've done (and feel free to use  these in your char if you need) (PS: They're not color indexed... because I'm really bad at doing this... and to make them more adaptable to any sff file)

Morrigan Winpose (from Capcom vs SNK) (Used lin Kun's sprites as a base)

Vega (Clawn) Taunt animation (done for Fausto Mugen "WIP Vega")
    Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 01:09:16 am by bis1994
    #31  May 01, 2019, 03:09:41 am
    • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
      • USA
      • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
      • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
    Wow, been a long time since you've done stuff! Nice work with Morrigan there though! That definitely would've worked better as a MB for her than what she had originally, that's for sure. : V
    #32  May 01, 2019, 04:20:25 pm
    • Shit
      • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
    Really good sprite work there!

Shit

DW

#33  May 01, 2019, 04:32:32 pm
      • USA
      • www.trinitymugen.net
    Yes very nice! Li_kun forgot that winpose. I'm late af, but I like your personal styled sprites a lot as well. Reminds me of that one Kunio-kun game on SNES. Forgot the name of it...

@bis1994:

Took me a bit to index the sprites properly... Though here it is. I'll upload her some time in the near future with this applied.
    Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 10:15:59 pm by DW
    #34  May 02, 2019, 05:00:46 am
      • Brazil
    @DW Woah! That's amazing!! BTW I just learned how to properly index images lol
    #35  May 29, 2019, 12:17:31 am
    • Here in the madness machine
      • USA
    Beautiful sprites!