YesNoOk

Genso no Makoto by shadowhand23 (aka Kaiser Phoenix) (Read 8648 times)

Started by shadowhand23, May 01, 2019, 07:16:07 pm
Share this topic:
Genso no Makoto by shadowhand23 (aka Kaiser Phoenix)
#1  May 01, 2019, 07:16:07 pm
  • Been Burning S#$t since 94
Sup guys, here is another character I've been working on for quite sometime, that has been loaded onto other websites, that I am now uploading here. I'd like to thank "KojiroBadness", "P.O.T.S", NHK, and many others for making it possible for me to be able to edit this character. Genso No Makoto, is street fighter thirdstrike's Makoto with the ability to use multiple Elements (Think of Legend of Korra/Avatar). I wanted to make a Makoto unlike any other Makoto ever for mugen. She also has many familiar helpers to assist her in many of her moves, to give her a more competitive edge against crazy OP mugen characters out. She is also a W.I.P, so any feedback and criticism is welcomed. I will try to add some vids whenever I get free time as I am working on  3 characters simultaneously (Thanos, Makoto, and Secret Character). I would also like to give thanks to: KojiroBadness, P.O.T., NHK, and Vasto_Hades for your Ideas, and or sprite contributions, and also using Makoto as a template for my re-imagining.

NOTE: I also go under the name "Kaiser Phoenix" on other mugen websites. I added this information just to clear up any confusion.

Link --->  Genso No Makoto (Mugen 1.0) https://mega.nz/#!D6BwGYwY!lXcrfAj6BA3yNH6Ld72TxhbZjfMaBnoXQpmk5Je5L8A
Link --->  Genso No Makoto (Mugen 1.1) https://mega.nz/#!WrYSSCZa!bqg_O_Bf_FyEP6fd8ebWde-i3mTaLqh1EBS-Ti20kaw

EDITED:

Link to Demo Video 1 ---> https://vimeo.com/333626327
Link to Demo Video 2 ---> https://vimeo.com/333627105

Earth Form: Jishin Supaiku

Fire Form: Rikujou Gekiha Ken (Fire Ending)

Wind Form: Oguru Uzu-Dan

Ice Form: Kori No Meiso

Lightning Form: Kaminari Obadoraibu

[Whats New]
- 11 New Supers
- 5 New Specials
- Familar Assists/strikers on many moves
- MVC combo system (chains, cancels, air combos, etc..)
- Rework of the "Tanden Renki" buff system (ongoing project)
- Auto block on certain moves
- Added Tons of new Visual effects (For Elements)
- Parry system Left intact
- Light and Heavy versions of some supers left intact
- EX system left intact
- Property change on certain moves
- Easier Commands

[NEW MOVES/PROPERTIES ADDED]

[Supers]

"Seichuzen Godanzuki" = D,DF,F,D,DF,F, x
"MAX Seichuzen Godanzuki" = D,DF,F,D,DF,F, y
"Ten furasshu" = D,DF,F,D,DF,F, x (While Kami Tanden Renki is Activated)

"Abare Tosanami" = D,DF,F,D,DF,F, a
"MAX Abare Tosanami" = D,DF,F,D,DF,F, b

"Hayate no Red Hawk" = D,DF,F,D,DF,F, z (changed to fire form visual)
"Tengoku no kaunta" = D,DF,F,D,DF,F, c (Super Counter with different outcomes based on attack situation and delay in being hit)

"Kami Tanden Renki Light" = D,DB,B,D,DB,B, s (short duration) ---> While in Kami Tanden Renki mode, Health is regenerated on hits and can use Unlimted Supers for the Duration. Some are deactivated to avoid bugs,etc..
"Kami Tanden Renki Max" = D,DB,B,D,DB,B, y (longer duration) --->

"Ice Form: Kori No Maiso" = D,DB,B,D,DB,B, x (pretty cool! literally!)
"Fire Form: Nensho Tofugu" = D,DB,B,D,DB,B, a (close range super)
"Wind Form: Oguro uzu-dan" = D,DB,B,D,DB,B, b
"Lightning Form: Kaminari Obadoraibu" = D,D,D, b
"Earth Form: Jishin Supaiku" = D,D,D, a
"Combination Form: Genso no Oogama" = D,DF,F, z (Air Super)
"Combination Form: Hakai No Kabe" = D,DB,B,D,DB,B, z
"Rikujou Gekiha Ken" = D,D,D, x
"MAX Rikujou Gekiha Ken" = D,D,D, y (goes into Fire Form for attack)
"Seinaru meiso" = D,D,D, z (can be used only once. Use it wisely)
"Jigoku no kage no mezame" = D,D,D, c (shit just got real!)

[Specials]

"Karate Counter" D,DB,B, a (i know plain name, but pretty cool)
"Aoi Hidama" = D,DF,F, a
"Guraundo Ando paundo" = D,DF,F, b

"Kami Hidama" = D,DF,F, a (Can only be performed in Kami Tanden Renki Mode)
"Dash Image" = D,DF,F, b (Can only be performed in Kami Tanden Renki Mode)

[Things to add]
- More Elements to add (Wood, Metal, etc..)
- More Specials for "Kami Tanden Renki form"
- Expansion to the "Kami Tanden Renki form"
- Expansion to Elemental forms
- bug fixes

[Known Bugs]
- Kami Tanden Renki aura sometimes last longer than usual.
- Guraundo ando paundo assist sometimes ground and pound the opponent longer than usual. (happens very rarely on certain characters)
- The super "Seinaru meiso" glitches where it can be use more than once (Happens very rarely)
Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 05:30:11 am by shadowhand23
Re: Genso no Makoto by shadowhand23 (aka Kaiser Phoenix)
#2  May 01, 2019, 07:44:31 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
#3  May 01, 2019, 07:52:26 pm
#4  May 01, 2019, 08:20:46 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Imma be real here. I wouldn't expect to receive much feedback if at all for this. This is because she's clearly meant to go against "crazy OP mugen characters" so there isn't much reason to give feedback for gameplay reasons as this character wasn't intended for that.
#5  May 01, 2019, 08:38:55 pm
Imma be real here. I wouldn't expect to receive much feedback if at all for this. This is because she's clearly meant to go against "crazy OP mugen characters" so there isn't much reason to give feedback for gameplay reasons as this character wasn't intended for that.

I'm not asking for Specifics on gameplay, I simply would just like feedback in general. Is she cool? does she suck? are the moves easy? etc.. There are tons of Orochi edits, Evil ryu edits out that are pretty crazy many that atleast got feedback on the AI, I'm simply just asking for anything.
#6  May 01, 2019, 09:13:21 pm
  • Open your soul to the battle!
    • USA

I'm not asking for Specifics on gameplay, I simply would just like feedback in general. Is she cool? does she suck? are the moves easy? etc.. There are tons of Orochi edits, Evil ryu edits out that are pretty crazy many that atleast got feedback on the AI, I'm simply just asking for anything.

Speaking of AI, I don't think this Makoto has one and if this is her AI, it's pretty weak. If it does get touched upon in the future, I hope to see her able to put up a fight, but at the same time, not be overwhelmingly strong.
#7  May 01, 2019, 09:43:35 pm
Thank you for the feedback, I plan on adding a better A.I as well as more moves etc..in a future Update.
#8  May 01, 2019, 10:07:15 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares

Yea, you're not getting it from here. There's no interest in "cheap edits". Most people here are just going to look at the crazy flashy stuff she can do and then move on.
#9  May 01, 2019, 10:46:35 pm
    • USA
Those FX look clean from the screens. I was not expecting it to be SF Makoto tbh, why I kept ignoring it. lol
A video would be a nice addition. Any new sprites here?
#10  May 01, 2019, 11:41:22 pm
Those FX look clean from the screens. I was not expecting it to be SF Makoto tbh, why I kept ignoring it. lol
A video would be a nice addition. Any new sprites here?

Yeah it's Street Fighter Makoto from Third strike/SF4. I Edited my first post that now includes Demo Videos. I added tons of new sprites and effects. Many include Elements (Fire, Ice, Electric, Wind, Water Earth) I plan on adding more in the future as well as an expansion to the Tanden Renki Buff.
#11  May 02, 2019, 12:00:11 am
    • USA
I'll try to give you what you want.

I did an arcade run with your character to get a feel for her. And then I made sure I encountered her a few fights in on an arcade ladder to fight against her. I made sure to give her a lot of spae for her AI to react.

Good:

She's not so stupidly broken that you just auto win when you play, you still have to at least try against any competent AI

As far as I can tell all the moves function fine. I wish I knew source Makoto a little better so I could say a lot more here.

Right now at least she's not so OP that she auto wins when you encounter her, BUT...

Bad:

Im pretty sure she's not designed with balance in mind. I think even buffed characters should be balanced. There were several moves in her moveset that seem damn near if not straight broken. I can just imagine the computer spamming several of them and there just wouldnt be any recourse.

The AI if there is AI just seemed to stand there and charge the bar and not much else. I have a feeling your character doesnt seem broken just because the AI is asleep at the wheel.

Take that with a grain of salt though.

Minor complaints:

Kung Fu Man's WinQuotes.

Those potrait images youre using are extra dirty. You have to be able to scrounge up something better than that.
#12  May 02, 2019, 12:03:37 am
    • USA
Interesting. It’s true, people don’t make characters like this anymore. It’s great that you can express/shape your ideas. Moves in videos look cool, from what you put together, you have the aptitude to make some cool characters. It’d be interesting to see you try and balance everything you’d added.
#13  May 02, 2019, 12:20:49 am
I'll try to give you what you want.

I did an arcade run with your character to get a feel for her. And then I made sure I encountered her a few fights in on an arcade ladder to fight against her. I made sure to give her a lot of spae for her AI to react.

Good:

She's not so stupidly broken that you just auto win when you play, you still have to at least try against any competent AI

As far as I can tell all the moves function fine. I wish I knew source Makoto a little better so I could say a lot more here.

Right now at least she's not so OP that she auto wins when you encounter her, BUT...

Bad:

Im pretty sure she's not designed with balance in mind. I think even buffed characters should be balanced. There were several moves in her moveset that seem damn near if not straight broken. I can just imagine the computer spamming several of them and there just wouldnt be any recourse.

The AI if there is AI just seemed to stand there and charge the bar and not much else. I have a feeling your character doesnt seem broken just because the AI is asleep at the wheel.

Take that with a grain of salt though.

Minor complaints:

Kung Fu Man's WinQuotes.

Those potrait images youre using are extra dirty. You have to be able to scrounge up something better than that.

Interesting. It’s true, people don’t make characters like this anymore. It’s great that you can express/shape your ideas. Moves in videos look cool, from what you put together, you have the aptitude to make some cool characters. It’d be interesting to see you try and balance everything you’d added.

@Carmell - Thank you, that's all I was asking for, just a little positive/negative feedback, so i'll have an idea of how I want to further take this character. When I make the AI, certain moves the computer won't have access too so as to not abuse them. As i've stated this is a W.I.P, so pics, moves etc.. will be changed in a future update.

@2Dee4ever- Thanks, this isn't my first rodeo. I've been on this forum, and coding/editing Mugen in the shadows for a very long time, I just never released any of my personal edits up until now because I saw how people years ago and even now would try and take Reuben's (R.I.P) Evil Ken and Evil Ryu moves and Ideas and pass them off as their own without giving credit.
#14  May 02, 2019, 12:35:14 am
    • USA

@2Dee4ever- Thanks, this isn't my first rodeo. I've been on this forum, and coding/editing Mugen in the shadows for a very long time, I just never released any of my personal edits up until now because I saw how people years ago and even now would try and take Reuben's (R.I.P) Evil Ken and Evil Ryu moves and Ideas and pass them off as their own without giving credit.
lol I know, that is how it is. You and everyone else.
As for the other thing, get caught up in that at your discretion. Years ago is not today. If you want to post, post. Wouldn't blame you if you stayed private either.

#15  May 02, 2019, 04:31:20 am

lol I know, that is how it is. You and everyone else.
As for the other thing, get caught up in that at your discretion. Years ago is not today. If you want to post, post. Wouldn't blame you if you stayed private either.

I agree, it's just nice to see mugen still going. I thought everyone such as "Cyanide", "P.O.T.S", "Auron", "Ethan Lives", "Hannibal" hell even you! I thought everyone just stopped.
#16  May 07, 2019, 05:31:07 am
EDITED:

Forgot to mention, I'll be releasing a A.I patch as part of balance patch.
#17  May 12, 2019, 02:48:01 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Damn, such good edit of Makoto. Been a time ain't see edits like this on MUGEN.
#18  May 12, 2019, 02:59:49 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#19  May 12, 2019, 08:23:11 am