YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17351860 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2081  April 11, 2019, 02:12:31 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Dedede has a habit of getting possessed though.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2082  April 18, 2019, 12:20:58 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
The one fart joke Nintendo is allowed to make.

#2083  April 18, 2019, 12:40:56 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So I've never played the Wario Ware titles.  Do they offer anything of interest to him?  In general, those games seem to lack any substantial story on purpose, just being a collection of mini-games.  Of which using as a source for feats is rather questionable, like they did with Peach despite games like Strikers being in-canon staged events and not actually happening and/or being done by the characters.

I know they introduce a whole array of new characters that became fan favorites like Ashley or that disco guy, but Wario doesn't actually do anything in them, right?

Also I'm randomly reminded that the Mega Man vs Astro Boy episoe made reference to a fan edit of the Mega Man t.v. show, and suddenly I want them to bring this up next episode.
Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 12:53:47 am by Long John Killer
#2084  April 18, 2019, 12:54:55 am
    • USA
Well, that is where Wario-Man comes from, which temporarily gives him a set of generic superhero powers, but beyond that nothing much.  Wario Ware storylines are usually little more than failed get-rich-quick schemes for Wario's part.

:EDIT:  Kingson Dededoo

Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 07:57:30 pm by Person Man
#2085  May 01, 2019, 07:41:43 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Battle is up.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2086  May 01, 2019, 11:33:53 pm
    • USA
What a weird freaking match-up for next episode.  Ben 10 versus Hal Jordan.  I mean, I get it, green, power from jewelry bonded to them, superheroes, but surely there are better candidates for each?  Eh, whatever, maybe it'll be another Carnage vs Lucy episode in creativity.

Ben 10 apparently gets marginally stupid with their powers in that series.  I followed it back on its original series up to before Vilgax even showed up, and if that were the end-all of the series then yeah, he would have no chance, but as I've heard from the grapevine there's this Alien X fella that Ben copied into his arsenal that's more-or-less a cheat code for a fight.  It's powers are the ability to do anything, anywhere, anyhow for any reason.  Or something to that degree.  Like popping up a few universes or shaking the timeline around.

I'm presuming it's not QUITE as broken as that, given there's a whole race of these beings and they apparently lose their fights, but at the very least I can see the comparisons to a White Lantern.
#2087  May 02, 2019, 12:57:55 am
    • USA
I always forget how goddamn insane Kirby lore is when you actually stop to think about it.

As for the next fight I know literally nothing about Ben 10 or why he would be comparable to Green Lantern.
#2088  May 02, 2019, 01:50:13 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Can turn himself into any alien that's dna is recorded into his watch

Which means any alien in his universe but maybe not any alien in any universe

Most have simple fun powers, a few are broken, he often gets a different one than he wanted for comedic effect
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2089  May 02, 2019, 02:38:44 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah funny thing about Alien X, it's literally made from two galactic entities that can never agree with each other and the second time that Ben changed into it in Alien Force, he got stuck in it until he got the entities to agree with each other and he said never again with that headache.

Although he did get them to work in Omniverse hence the reality got mixed up. Either way, the timer on his watch is super finicky and probably might be his downfall when it comes to reliability, he has strong as hell aliens sure, but it don't mean jack when you can't access it with a cooldown on it.

Edit: Now that I think about, the Ben with the best chance of victory probably is Teen Ben aka Alien Force or Ultimate Alien. If they stay with the first season, then Ben has no chance.
Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 02:45:36 am by R565
#2090  May 02, 2019, 05:02:49 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Wouldn't Kamen Rider Decade be the more suitable rival for Ben 10?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#2091  May 02, 2019, 07:29:20 am
  • Was it something I said?
Although he did get them to work in Omniverse hence the reality got mixed up. Either way, the timer on his watch is super finicky and probably might be his downfall when it comes to reliability, he has strong as hell aliens sure, but it don't mean jack when you can't access it with a cooldown on it.

Edit: Now that I think about, the Ben with the best chance of victory probably is Teen Ben aka Alien Force or Ultimate Alien. If they stay with the first season, then Ben has no chance.

Judging from the preview, it seems they're going the route of Ben 10, Alien Force and Ultimate Alien combined, similar to how they handled the Toph v. Gaara fight.

In one episode, Ben in the future had unlocked the secrets of the Omnitrix, basically allowing him to change into whatever alien he wanted at any given time. True, Green Lantern can imagine (nearly) anything he wanted with the ring, but some of Ben's aliens allow him to become even smarter (Grey Matter for example), probably figuring out what weaknesses the ring has (like Green Lantern's allergy to the color Yellow for some reason?)
#2092  May 08, 2019, 07:08:30 pm
    • USA
The Tenth Benjamin

#2093  May 11, 2019, 06:05:58 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#2094  May 16, 2019, 12:31:50 am
    • USA
Green Lämp

#2095  May 17, 2019, 12:31:10 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
The fight between Benjamin Tennyson and Hal Jordan is going to be interesting in the least.
#2096  May 22, 2019, 07:52:43 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Death Battle's out

Next Time:
#2097  May 22, 2019, 10:57:24 pm
    • USA
Wow, people are upset with that one.  10K downvotes, oof.

The next fight doesn't interest me per the matchup, just it being a first-party series of theirs and how that turned out last time with Yang.  I have literally zero knowledge who the other woman is.  Artwork looks like a Persona character, I guess.
#2098  May 22, 2019, 11:11:53 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#2099  May 23, 2019, 01:03:24 am
    • USA

The next fight doesn't interest me per the matchup, just it being a first-party series of theirs and how that turned out last time with Yang.  I have literally zero knowledge who the other woman is.  Artwork looks like a Persona character, I guess.

Mitsuru Kirijo from Persona 3.  She fights with rapiers and has an elemental affinity to ice, so I can see where the similarities come in.

I've never actually seen RWBY even though the internet keeps telling me how cool it supposedly is, so IDK about this matchup.  Should be funny when Boomstick finds out how Persona 3 dudes actually summon their personas, though.
Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 01:17:02 am by Person Man
#2100  May 23, 2019, 01:20:54 am
    • USA
So, uh, it's back up now, but I noticed after the like/dislike ratio tanked hard into the dislikes the video was unavailable for bit.  The bar's still there, wonder what that was about?

I haven't seen RWBY either, and I'll admit to it being pure spite at this point ever since the Tifa episode, but god what a piss in your eye way to advertise.  Didn't exactly attract to begin what with how clunky it looked being 3D anime, but the Death Battle didn't help.  And it didn't even stay accurate within a few episodes and was discredited by the RWBY staff team.  Just rubs me wrong, comes across as nepotism between the newly joined companies up and down and makes me want to avoid it on principle.

All I know on Weiss comes from a friend who was into the show, she apparently has a rapier that sounds like it's also a gunblade, and she summons a knight to fight for her.  So I guess I get the connection.