YesNoOk

Why mediafire being used in spite of popups? (Read 2925 times)

Started by DNZRX768, May 02, 2019, 02:57:26 pm
Share this topic:
Why mediafire being used in spite of popups?
#1  May 02, 2019, 02:57:26 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I noticed that plenty of downloads in the release section is using Mediafire. This annoys me a little bit since that site tends to open up pop-up ads in additional windows and tabs, not to mention getting around ad-blocking software.

Is there an inherent advantage to using Mediafire instead of Dropbox or OneDrive, in spite of all of the pop-up ads?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
Re: Why mediafire being used in spite of popups?
#2  May 02, 2019, 03:53:35 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Right now it seems to not have any advantages to any of these.
It's all, most likely, because people got used to Mediafire. It was used for a long time since for a long time it kept these pop-ups away.
But, I guess, now we'll need to find an alternative to it...
#3  May 02, 2019, 06:43:46 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
MediaFire is the best thing out there to upload files and the only survivor from the era of Megaupload (even few years ago when reincarnated into MEGA) and RapidShare... well, SendSpace also survived, but its downloads don't last more than a month before they auto-deleted them.

If you have troubles with pop-ups, better user an Adblock add-on for your browser, there're a lot out there and dissapears all the ads on MediFire. I use it since more than 10 years to upload things (mostly for my scanlation comic books blog in spanish) and even I used it for my MUGEN stuff in the time I didn't have a host and still today it works very well ;)

Now, if you're still not convinced with MediaFire, you can try MEGA, that's the other reliable source to upload stuff today (OneDrive not so much, sometimes asks you to get a Google account to download stuff)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#4  May 06, 2019, 04:13:49 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Mediafire is what I use all the time and I always had no problems with downloading files. All I have to do is just right click the download button and click "Save link as" to avoid opening other windows.

4shared was once another site I relied on but it now penalizes ad-block users by giving them inane time limits to wait.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#5  May 06, 2019, 05:51:02 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
mediafire is fast and easy, same reason people still use shit like sendspace
#6  May 06, 2019, 02:40:27 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Mediafire is what I use all the time and I always had no problems with downloading files. All I have to do is just right click the download button and click "Save link as" to avoid opening other windows.
So, I can use this trick to avoid those pop-up windows? Because my ad-blocker is failing me at this point in terms of preventing pop-up ads on Mediafire, despite working virtually everywhere else (for some reason).
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#7  May 07, 2019, 03:06:05 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Actually there're more than one ad-blocker add-on for your browser, so if you got one that fails, just get off of it and install another (Adblock Plus is a good option, i use that and I got no problems with pages with ads and pop-ups)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X