YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1323907 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#4421  April 30, 2019, 07:30:55 pm
Why Gangsta paradise? how is a song about gang life any relevant to freaking Sonic??? I hope they didn't put it because they thought kids love rap.
Its a shame because its a good song and now no one who hears it in this trailer will take it seriously.

otherwise, I really don't give a shit about Sonic (nor should anyone really).
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#4422  April 30, 2019, 08:05:27 pm
^-- People shouldn't care about what I don't care about !

Oh, Neal McDonough is in this ? Nic-- oh god that interaction with Jim Carrey is fucking awful even though I absolutely love both of those actors. (but that "no, but thank you for asking" was actually a pretty good delivery)
The face doesn't look as bad as the teaser but the rest of the body is ugh.
"Every hero has a genesis wink wink nudge hey look at this joke right here" ugh

lol that Black chick is clearly along with the ride for quite a long time and apparently she doesn't have a single line okay.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 08:16:33 pm by Byakko
#4423  April 30, 2019, 08:09:56 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, skinny Robotnik is really messing with my brain. I love Jim as much as the next person, but hoo boy, this is really stretching the limits here.
#4424  April 30, 2019, 09:06:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

This is... so much worse than I was expecting, and I was expecting it to be an abomination.

Let me be positive here; it looks so bad it's good, like the old street fighter movie.some kids might genuinely enjoy it and other people will enjoy the awfulness.
Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 10:10:12 pm by Bastard Mami
#4425  April 30, 2019, 09:18:19 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
It'll probably make for a fantastic episode of RiffTrax one day if nothing else.
#4426  April 30, 2019, 10:34:01 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
And it's like I'm the only one not upset by this film.

As someone put it: "Its too benign". It doesn't look impressive, but people are absolutely flipping out about it. I mean, c'mon >..< chill the fuck out. There's worse.

It feels like the typical hate/hype train bandwagon, really:
followers said:
famous person said:
This movie looks like shit!
This movie looks like shit!

If it looks like shit then it's shit. There being worse doesn't mean a single thing. And people having a shared opinion isn't a damn bandwagon.

Yeah, skinny Robotnik is really messing with my brain. I love Jim as much as the next person, but hoo boy, this is really stretching the limits here.

I'm even more concerned of the fact that he's not even remotely trying to act like Robotnik. It's just Jim Carry acting like typical Jim Carry wearing Robotnik cosplay (in the ending).
#4427  May 01, 2019, 04:36:58 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Well, you're right, it's not bandwagon (my fault), but some folk are indeed overreacting.
#4428  May 01, 2019, 05:41:02 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Finally had to watch the trailer and Robotnik works or is hired by the the government? Then the main character has a white guy as a sidekick whom I'm assuming falls under a typical trope. Why does this feel like the writers decided to take elements from Transformers cause they know they'll be expecting this kind of reaction from fans? Surely the formula has to fail at some point?   :mmg:

Only reason why most people would watch this is because of Jim Carey even if he doesn't look like a fat mad scientist. Yeah, the only thing good I see in this is Jim Carey.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#4429  May 01, 2019, 03:08:43 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#4430  May 02, 2019, 02:24:34 am
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
It looks atrocious, disrespectful to the source material, and appears to appeal to absolutely nobody, nowhere.

I'll be at the theater opening night.   :wacky:
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#4431  May 03, 2019, 12:48:57 am
    • USA
In a rare display of common sense for Hollywood, the director of the Sonic movie, Jeff Fowler has actually acknowledged the fact that every single human on Earth hates the eldritch abomination he has loosed unto the world, and has seemingly promised to fix Sonic's design for the final movie.

https://twitter.com/fowltown/status/1124056098925944832
#4432  May 03, 2019, 03:03:00 am
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
That'd be pretty impressive considering the movie is coming out in November.  I just how much more different they can/will make it. 
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#4433  May 03, 2019, 04:28:06 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Making and fitting CGI into the final cut takes place in post production, after principal photography (i.e. all the hyuman scenes) is done. They probably weren't even close to finishing all the scenes involving Soynic, so dumping the design and starting over again might not be cheap, but it seems to be viable considering how the reception was universally negative.
#4434  May 03, 2019, 05:20:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Conspiracy theories say they have been making the movie with the good model from the start and that the trailer uses the bad model for more publicity.
#4435  May 03, 2019, 07:24:09 pm
And they used an even worse model for the poster before that, then again an even worse model for the teaser before that ?
If they only redo the Sonic model and don't change anything of whatever scene they already CGI'd like the whole bunch of missiles in the teaser, it shouldn't be that big a deal.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

lui

#4436  May 07, 2019, 11:50:10 pm
    • USA
#4437  May 08, 2019, 12:24:10 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I don't think anyone wanted that Gambit movie

#4438  July 04, 2019, 12:10:46 am
    • USA
In this week's edition of "Hollywood bullshit nobody wants:"  60's Hanna Barbera children's variety show The Banana Splits is being rebooted into a Five Nights at Freddy's ripoff slasher flick.

#4439  July 04, 2019, 12:22:47 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
In this week's edition of "Hollywood bullshit nobody wants:"  60's Hanna Barbera children's variety show The Banana Splits is being rebooted into a Five Nights at Freddy's ripoff slasher flick.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R1-ZZTcTBY[/youtube]

Honestly this looks funny. I think I'm gonna try and catch it when it airs.
#4440  July 05, 2019, 05:50:30 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R1-ZZTcTBY[/youtube]

0_o

The fuck is this pile of horse shit?!?