Ikemen GO (Read 1221381 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#881  May 08, 2019, 03:48:51 am
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com
Yeah is obvious that he left but at least he could say something about it.

Well guys more progress on making TAG a real mode (Right now is a glorified simul)

Now is his own option in the menu.
And when selected TeamMode returns "Tag"

TagIn and TagOut now can only be called when is in Tag mode (Maybe I should add a option to force it on other modes?)

EDIT:

Also Tag now has his own lifebar separate from simul.
It was a side effect of creating a new game mode.

Excellent, congratulations for this, guys
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini
#882  May 08, 2019, 08:03:14 am
    • South Africa
Nice work!
#883  May 08, 2019, 10:19:14 am
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
Selectable tag mode, amazing! Great work, but it´s possible (if you want) disable turns mode and only watch single, turns and tag?
Please, where is the code of the system archive? I think it´s in the motif .lua file, I´m correct? As soon you implement the interpolate actions I wanna convert my screenpack. Thank you very much for your work.
#884  May 08, 2019, 01:17:51 pm
    • South Africa
I don’t think you should remove turns mode, it can be easily removed from the code if one doesn’t want it. Turns has its own unique challenge and fun. Just my opinion though.
#885  May 08, 2019, 01:44:02 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
I don’t think you should remove turns mode, it can be easily removed from the code if one doesn’t want it. Turns has its own unique challenge and fun. Just my opinion though.

Yes, I like it turn mode, the mode that I don´t like it it´s simul, much better new tag mode implemented in ikemen. About the motif .lua file I only find data info for the screenpack but no images ( spr or anim ) on it, where do you find this part in ikemen? The only animation that I find it´s for continue screen at the end of the file. Thank you very much.
#886  May 08, 2019, 01:57:46 pm
    • South Africa
That should be in the main.lua, If I remember correctly.
#887  May 08, 2019, 03:27:41 pm
    • France
Hey all,
I wonder how you try your code modifications , launching "go run main.go" has errors.
Right now I build it and copy/paste the .exe to a standard IkemenGo directory (with data, chars, script etc).
Any better solutions for using the debug & console ? I'm using VS code by the way.
Thx

P.s:
.\main.go:39:3: undefined: sys
.\main.go:64:5: undefined: sys
.\main.go:67:5: undefined: sys
.\main.go:70:5: undefined: sys
.\main.go:179:2: undefined: sys
.\main.go:180:2: undefined: sys
.\main.go:181:2: undefined: sys
.\main.go:182:2: undefined: sys
.\main.go:183:2: undefined: sys
.\main.go:184:2: undefined: sys
.\main.go:184:2: too many errors
#888  May 08, 2019, 08:22:07 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Gobi you should only launch the uncompiled versions for debug purposes.
If you intend to debug it should launch it with go-delve so it complies the C++ parts, and you have to paste the mugen files inside the SRC folder.

It's in the readme of the repo.

Gazira to disable turns mode you need to edit line 1273 for left side and line 1507 for right side.
And the "select.f_p1TeamMenu()" and "select.f_p2TeamMenu()" functions.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#889  May 08, 2019, 09:15:45 pm
    • France
Thx Gacel, rtfm was a good advice ;)
I'm currently trying to make the game resizable, thought it would be easy as a first goal to achieve.
Guess I was wrong :/
#890  May 09, 2019, 12:28:21 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Yeah openGL is hard, I also trying a way to make resolution change fullscreen. (Like MUGEN) but is harder than I expected.

Also great news! Remember that if you compile the engine in golang 1.12 (The newest version) it crashed?
Well I found the problem.
Is the garage collector deleting data before it could load the data.
If you disable it it will never crash.

According to golang 1.12 patch notes.
Go 1.12 significantly improves the performance of sweeping when a large fraction of the heap remains live. This reduces allocation latency immediately following a garbage collection.

The Go runtime now releases memory back to the operating system more aggressively, particularly in response to large allocations that can't reuse existing heap space.

The Go runtime's timer and deadline code is faster and scales better with higher numbers of CPUs. In particular, this improves the performance of manipulating network connection deadlines.

So a large allocation happens in the boot time so the GC goes on a rampage deleting the stuff that needs to be parsed to openGL.

GO garbage collector is incredibly fast it takes microseconds others languages GC take milliseconds. So we can't be faster than the GC, the only way I can think is reduce manually the GC rate at the load screens (And only at load screens we can restore the GC rate at other parts)
So well I will find a way to reduce the aggressiveness of the GC at boot time so it does not crash anymore.
I will inform of the progress.

I found this after trying everything else...

EDIT:

I fixed it!
So now can automate the windows builds.

EDIT 2:

Now AppVeyor also gives windows build. (Mac and Linux were here before)
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go/build/artifacts
It even gives the script files on a zip!

What does this mean? You ask.
Now the process is automated and the user can get the builds without depending on someone to compile them.
If I made a commit to the repo (Or someone makes a pull request) AppVeyor compiles it automatically.

I need Windows users to test if this crashes. (On my end works but I need a bigger sample to see if is really fixed)
WARNING: Tag mode backend is still incomplete I'm making changes to lifebar loading...

Changes:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 03:55:44 am by Gacel
#891  May 09, 2019, 03:08:57 am
  • If you rip sprites i´ll rip your code
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com
Where is the source code for the most recent build? i want to compile on my own,  i saw that there are multiple branches from various users now.

PD. I tell you Gacel that K4thos didn't upload his Lua files because are functional but very experimental and there was no reason if someone (like you) can have a better aproach to those kind of updates.

Pd2. if you want to separate your derivate work then tell it to an administrator just like K4thos did with the plus and go plus thread.

Pd3. Rename it with another name like "ikemen go advanced" or so to diferenciate please.
There is no knowledge that is not power
--------------------------------------
My Web Site
#892  May 09, 2019, 03:28:32 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
About the tread
Well I plan to make a new tread once I complete the TAG mode cns side.

About K4thos
Well I understand he could have reasons for not uploading the lua files.
But he could at least help to update the first post.
Or say he could not help.
Or say something, anything.

About the name
About a name like "ikemen go advanced"
So the situation about Ikemen GO is a weird one.
Neat Unsou actually commits his changes to SuperSuehiro (The creator of Ikemen) repo when he is active.
SuperSuehiro is active once in a blue moon, so it does not happen much.
NeatUnsou also implement my changes and I implement his in our respective repos and
for example Kidcy also works on shaders and commit them to my repo and I merge with the Dan changes and that gets merged with...
well you understand so the line what separates the repos blurs a lot.

About compiling
Well about compiling yourself there are instructions on the readme of my repo.
https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen_GO

As I said Neat Unsou repo and mine merge a lot so compile the most updated of these 2 (You can check the update date)
https://osdn.net/users/neatunsou/pf/ikemen_go/wiki/FrontPage
https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen_GO
Check what is the most updated of these ones and compile it. (At the time of writing this my repo is the most updated)

There is also more forks that you can compile if you want.

EDIT:
Also I forgot to say but in these 20 minutes I completed TAG mode lifebar loading.
The CNS part is not ready so lower your expectations.
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go/build/artifacts
If someone uses it, inform me if it crash on start.

Wondering how add004 works now that TAG is his own mode?
Probably it needs changes.

EDIT 2:Formatting.
Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 07:41:23 am by Gacel
#893  May 09, 2019, 08:58:14 am
MUGEN 1.1 - COULD LUA FILES ALTERATED FOR NEW FEATURES?

Inside the mugen 1.1 there are the LUA files, could be they alterated to have new features?

is there some program or way to make mugen has new features using LUA files found inside the mugen 1.1 folder?

is it impossible to enter into the source code to add new command lines with more features?

are all mugen possibilities locked inside an executable icon that can't be edited?
#894  May 09, 2019, 09:43:50 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Well I did try to edit them before.
The results.... not so good.

I also was not he only to try.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lua-and-mugen-133451.msg1416449.html#msg1416449
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/editing-lua-files-show-stage-name-fight-176570.msg2293657.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/how-make-mugen-load-external-lua-scripts-183407.msg2401734.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lua-documentation-176572.msg2293675.html

A lot have tried and nobody could do anything useful.
Please search the existing topics to see if a question has been answered before.

It's impossible to enter into the source code, that the reason were making Ikemen GO.
The programs compile to machine code once a program is compiled there is no way to get the source.

And also.
This tread is to talk about Ikemen GO please do not get off topic.
Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:50:10 am by Gacel
#895  May 09, 2019, 10:37:08 am
    • South Africa
I tried out the new build, tag doesn't crash on startup! Also completely unrelated , it seems you have fixed character themes, they now play during arcade mode!
#896  May 09, 2019, 10:55:47 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
In reality the crash was on the engine launch.
But I'm happy it now works.

Now I'm ready to implement the TAG cns, and I'm ready to create a new tread once I implement that.
Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:20:19 am by Gacel
#897  May 09, 2019, 11:18:39 am
    • South Africa
Awesome! Please drop us a link to the new thread here :), when it is ready.
#898  May 10, 2019, 03:05:30 am
    • USA
Make the new thread, tedious trying to find the page for the rest of the files. You can always edit it later being the OP.

Personally, I want to use this as is before you get into the thick of things, you seem to be going in a different direction.
#899  May 10, 2019, 04:19:25 am
gacel, tagin tagout supports 3 on 3 with 3 lifebars? or is the 3 lifebars thing still an issue regardless? because k4thos 3 lifebars was never implemented at all, or atleash he never updated the files for it when he talked about it. still an issue, i dont want to have to make an explod for everycharacter of a lifebar
#900  May 10, 2019, 05:10:00 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
So it's not implemented?
Thanks for the info.

I'll implement lifebars for 4 players on each side.
I would not be too hard just some lines of code to the compiler.