Ikemen GO (Read 1221176 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#901  May 10, 2019, 11:54:16 am
    • South Africa
So it's not implemented?
Thanks for the info.

I'll implement lifebars for 4 players on each side.
I would not be too hard just some lines of code to the compiler.

Gacel, is it possible (in terms of coding) for character themes to play in vs mode, watch mode and free battle? For example it could play player 2's characters theme.
#902  May 11, 2019, 07:28:26 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Someone would have to edit the music loading code.
If I do that I'll add a music select while were at it.

But first I have to finish TAG.
Sorry for not updating much but I have exams.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#903  May 11, 2019, 07:35:10 am
    • Turkey
Its ok take your time.After finishing tag can you add 2 player controller support if you can?
I wonder it is possible to upgrade this engine using languages other than go?(C++,javascript,python,goby,etc.)
Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 07:50:13 am by Adnan
#904  May 11, 2019, 08:11:51 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
2 player controller support?
So 4 players one of them controlling a character. That is posible I just need to add a menu.
If you are referring to the controllers you can actually change the "Joystick" inside the config menu. (I'll add a menu to that later)

Other languages... It would need to start from 0.
GO is actually easy to understand if you have experience in a C style programming (Java, C#, C++, JavaScript, etc)
What would benefit a full rewrite? (I would really like to hear your reason so please share them =))
Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:15:21 am by Gacel
#905  May 11, 2019, 09:56:45 am
    • South Africa
Thanks Gacel! Of course you have to finish tag first! Please don’t stress though, your exams are important. A music selector sounds nice too! Note:sorry for the duplicate posts.
Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 11:54:39 am by LebKeller
#906  May 13, 2019, 05:39:55 am
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
Just wondering if anyone knows how to make this work.
First went to download Gacel "last" release. https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go/build/artifacts
Download IkemenGo exe and scripts and put them in the same folder. I run the exe and the window closes almost instantly, it seems it needs the file config.json in the "data" folder. Download Ikemen then copy the data folder.

Then the  motif.lua files ask for the font 4x6.fnt on the font folder.  Copy and paste the folder font then I receive this error

.\script\motif.lua:1310: attempt to index a non-table object(nil) stack traceback:  .\script\motif.lua:1310: in function <.\script\motif.lua:0> [G]: in function 'require' script/main.lua:939: in main chunk   [G]: ?

I tried many things, putting the script files with IkemenGO in a standard Ikemen installation , downloading a IkemenGo screenpack and overwriting the files there with the newest files on Gacel appveyor site and the results are I cant change the gamepad config, cant change video config, cant access to arcade mode.

Any already compiled version of the Gacel IkemenGO ready to use with the latest file, I would like to test IkemenGO.
Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 06:07:30 am by orochi_kyo
#907  May 13, 2019, 07:49:55 am
    • Turkey
There is a guide about how to install this engine.You just need to download mugen.zip script.zip and ikemen go.exe.
#908  May 13, 2019, 09:19:19 am
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
There is a guide about how to install this engine.You just need to download mugen.zip script.zip and ikemen go.exe.

You know Im not the kind of guy who doesnt make a proper google research before asking on forums. So if you can point me out where that infamous guide is, I would really appreciate it.
Now I do actually manage to run Ikemen Go, sadly it seems Ikemen isnt cool about showing me what files it cant find by itself and just point me out which Lua function is not working because the "missing" file or because the file has some function Ikemen doesnt has or like, like localcoords on backgrounds in DEF files. Im not surprised at the lack of "real" Ikemen GO screenpacks and content.
And for some reason, when I run it, it takes half of my CPU and takes 5 minutes to get to the main screen with 60 chars on the roster. Anyone else having these heavy load times?

#909  May 13, 2019, 09:57:48 am
    • Turkey
If you managed to run it then its ok.I experiance heavy load times too.It happened after this last update.
#910  May 15, 2019, 02:30:03 pm
#911  May 15, 2019, 02:53:57 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Finally, I was bothered by the Lack of such stuff, even in the original IKEMEN Plus.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#912  May 15, 2019, 06:46:37 pm
I tried convert some screenpacks to ikemen and when I open the exe, it simply closes abruptly.
The fullscreen doesn't follow the entire screen, it will be very good a video or screenshots teaching how to change the screenpack correctly and what files need to altered once the ikemen has more files than Mugen.
#913  May 15, 2019, 06:54:54 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I tried convert some screenpacks to ikemen and when I open the exe, it simply closes abruptly.
The fullscreen doesn't follow the entire screen, it will be very good a video or screenshots teaching how to change the screenpack correctly and what files need to altered once the ikemen has more files than Mugen.

There is an error prompt on the command window that comes with the game window that would appear a split second before it closes, if you print-screen at the right time you can get what went wrong. It's usually with locating fonts and files. I also recommend disabling the storyboards.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#914  May 15, 2019, 08:18:07 pm

it probably has to do with fonts, ikemen for some reason doesnt read the correct fonts folder for some custom screenpacks, I'll have to check m computer when I get home but I had to put fonts in a different folder for it to stop crashing when starting up.
#915  May 16, 2019, 04:59:52 am
ok crap, my bad, i now dont remember where exactly I had to put the fonts, how does your folder structure look like? i copy and pasted my fonts in a bunch of folders but now i dont remember which folder its reading
#916  May 16, 2019, 05:31:53 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
ok crap, my bad, i now dont remember where exactly I had to put the fonts, how does your folder structure look like? i copy and pasted my fonts in a bunch of folders but now i dont remember which folder its reading

The fonts can be in the FONT folder, what I recall was that in the system.def and in the Fight.def, the fonts need to have the folder name listed as well.
like below, that got me through some of the issues in the older builds, Note.. I haven't tried the latest. 

Code:
font1 = Font/f-4x6.def    ;System fonts
font2 = Font/f-6x9.def         ;System fonts
font3 = Font/jg.fnt              ;System fonts

#917  May 16, 2019, 05:35:13 pm
@hungrywolf, I think thats what I had to do, thanks for the refresher lol

I wasnt sure exactly before
#918  May 17, 2019, 06:23:13 pm
#919  May 17, 2019, 07:34:52 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
NeatUnsou made changes to the volume statedef.
The previous commit added volume options
and finally fixed audio ducking (With a option to enable it again)
Added QuickLaunch that should improve load times at startup. (QuickLaunch is a option)

As always AppVeyor automatically builds the binaries and packs the script's.
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go/build/artifacts
Download the binary of your OS and the script files.

And if is a new install you have to download the mugen files.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i2u70ordfjqj186/Ikemen_Mugen_Files.zip
(Required Mugen files post count: 7)

You will have to delete the config file for Ikemen GO replace it with a new one. Or else it will crash.

Sorry for not begin so active.
But college finishes today and I will have free time, so tomorrow I'll add QuickLaunch, AudioDucking and Volume features to the option menu.
Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:04:35 pm by Gacel
#920  May 17, 2019, 08:06:22 pm
    • South Africa
Great to hear! Hopefully your exams went well?