YesNoOk

A new community-centralized competition show - World MUGEN Fighters Competition! (Read 10369 times)

Started by GeorgeMP, May 26, 2019, 12:22:11 am
Share this topic:
A new community-centralized competition show - World MUGEN Fighters Competition!
#1  May 26, 2019, 12:22:11 am
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
I have now decided to announce a new community-centralized, MUGEN-based competition show, based on an idea by TrueGemini:
The World MUGEN Fighters Competition!
The below video should tell you everything you need to know about how it works:

This just underwent a major rules change! Now you can submit any character you want, as long as it doesn't break the rules below!
Now let's get into the submission rules:

First of all, no submitting characters that haven't already been submitted,
your reply with your submission must contain a working download link for the character you are submitting,
the character you are submitting must not be overpowered in any way (so stuff like null characters and one hit KO edits aren't allowed),
bonus stage submissions will be saved for the next season,
and the deadline for submissions is June 8th, 2019.

The bonus stages in this show are:

Street Fighter 2 Car, by Hiram Yagami (Or was it MabsMK, shit i dunno)

Street Fighter 2 Bricks, by N-Mario

Street Fighter 2 Oil Drums, by Tim Markworth

Fatal Fury 2 Pillars, by brown

Samurai Showdown Straw Dummy Slash, by PotS

Break the Targets, by AlGod

Let me know if I miscredited anyone on that list.
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 10:45:57 pm by GeorgeMP
Re: A new community-centralized competition show - World MUGEN Fighters Competition!
#2  May 26, 2019, 09:23:16 pm
    • USA
THIS LOOKS SOOOO GOOD!!! I can't wait to see how everything plays out! I just know this is gonna be epic! :lfor:

ALSO:
-I really like the logo!
-Thank you so much for making this idea come to life! I can't wait to fully see your variation of it!!!
~TRUEGEMINI~
Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 09:23:49 pm by TrueGemini
Re: A new community-centralized competition show - World MUGEN Fighters Competition!
#3  May 26, 2019, 11:15:40 pm
#4  May 27, 2019, 01:19:33 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Cool idea, problem with it however

First of all, you need to have made the character you are submitting (although edits are allowed),

Memes aside, you're really implying that the majority of people here that reside on this forum know how to create or even edit a character. (unless your yield for what you consider an edit is pretty low but still) I guarantee just because of this rule that not much people will enter a character for this. (since the people who'd want to enter a character for this would just want to enter any character for this)

Also, I have ran mugen AI tournaments before and one thing is for sure is that two weeks isn't really enough time for people to sign up for this. (trust me it can take a long time to get that bracket filled)
#5  May 27, 2019, 01:28:30 am
    • USA

First of all, you need to have made the character you are submitting (although edits are allowed),

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEbl-umsFOM[/youtube]

Memes aside, you're really implying that the majority of people here that reside on this forum know how to create or even edit a character. (unless your yield for what you consider an edit is pretty low but still) I guarantee just because of this rule that not much people will enter a character for this. (since the people who'd want to enter a character for this would just want to enter any character for this)
I will accept edits of any kind, even simple ones (i.e. swapped sounds).
Also, I have ran mugen AI tournaments before and one thing is for sure is that two weeks isn't really enough time for people to sign up for this. (trust me it can take a long time to get that bracket filled)
I might consider pushing back the deadline if I don't get enough submissions in time.
I only need 10 submissions for Season 1 anyway.
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 02:09:54 am by GeorgeMP
#6  May 27, 2019, 01:55:44 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEbl-umsFOM[/youtube]

You're not listening when he's telling you you're basically cutting most people out of actually entering this.

Best of luck to you and all that.
#7  May 27, 2019, 02:36:33 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 02:54:33 am by President Devon
#8  May 27, 2019, 03:39:05 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org

What is the even point then. Most people would just want to enter a character for this.

I might consider pushing back the deadline if I don't get enough submissions in time.

Ok, but just so you realize brackets go up by powers of two. Also there are a few other things to consider here from your video

• What "big prizes" are you talking about. You never disclosed them.
  • Are you considering both rounds with this or just one (if so match.wins = 1 in the fight.def will help you out with that)
  • What happens to one of the worse characters if they win the match up
Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 04:09:45 am by Amidweiz
#9  May 27, 2019, 04:23:18 am
    • USA

What is the even point then. Most people would just want to enter a character for this.
First of all, you need to have made the character you are submitting (although edits are allowed) (an exception can be made if you submit someone else's character with the permission of the original creator),
Fixed.

Ok, but just so you realize brackets go up by powers of two.
I'm not using a bracket. As explained in the video, characters will compete in a randomly chosen bonus stage every episode, and at the end of an episode, the 2 characters who do the worst fight, and the loser of the fight is eliminated from the competition. The process is repeated for each episode until only 2 characters are left, and once that happens, the 2 remaining characters will fight in the Title Bout.
What "big prizes" are you talking about. You never disclosed them.
As for that... You'll just have to wait and see.
Are you considering both rounds with this or just one (if so match.wins = 1 in the fight.def will help you out with that)
For the bonus stages, it depends. For the fight at the end of each episode, it's two rounds.

#10  May 27, 2019, 04:40:13 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Do you know how to run something? Do you know how to make people want to participate?

You would need to be upfront with the prizes.
You would need to make it plausible to enter.
You would need to make it straightforward.

I see none of that.
#11  May 27, 2019, 05:06:02 am
    • USA
As for the prizes, I want to keep them secret because I want them to be a pleasant surprise for those who claim them.

#12  May 27, 2019, 06:14:51 am
    • USA
Hey yall, I see that some of you are a little confused when it comes to the plot/setup. So I've updated and extended the idea to help everyone get a better grasp on it. The link to it is in my signature! So enjoy!  :hyo:
~TRUEGEMINI~
#13  May 27, 2019, 08:19:40 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
First of all, you need to have made the character you are submitting (although edits are allowed) (an exception can be made if you submit someone else's character with the permission of the original creator),
Fixed.

You do realize that is still limiting right. (I guess according to your rule, Juan Carlos, and Reubenkee characters are off the table then since they are DEAD IRL, and even so I highly doubt people would care if you need permission to use there character for what a mugen show) I don't understand why you don't just allow any character from any author, submitted by anyone it seems unnecessarily limiting. (and you haven't given me nor orochi gill an inkling of a reason why)

I'm not using a bracket. As explained in the video, characters will compete in a randomly chosen bonus stage every episode, and at the end of an episode, the 2 characters who do the worst fight, and the loser of the fight is eliminated from the competition. The process is repeated for each episode until only 2 characters are left, and once that happens, the 2 remaining characters will fight in the Title Bout.

Though you'll still have to have a power of two for this to work, this is just simple math even with your elimination setup if you want to end up with one person.

As for that... You'll just have to wait and see.

Ok, if you really want people to invest in this... you'll have to tell them what they'll receive. I did this with my mugen tournament with the participants obviously winning the tournament but also their team became the champions where they had to defend their title as it. (which means they couldn't participate in the next tournament for what should be obvious reasons) Even though technically people where satisfied enough with just winning the thing.

Hey yall, I see that some of you are a little confused when it comes to the plot/setup. So I've updated and extended the idea to help everyone get a better grasp on it. The link to it is in my signature! So enjoy!  :hyo:

Ok first of all why didn't you just link it in this thread, and secondly the thread doesn't really address the problems we've brought up here.

Here's how I would set this up and you should most defiantly follow if you want this thing to well work at all

Spoiler: revision (click to see content)

#14  May 27, 2019, 10:47:57 am
    • USA

Ok first of all why didn't you just link it in this thread, and secondly the thread doesn't really address the problems we've brought up here.

Here's how I would set this up and you should most defiantly follow if you want this thing to well work at all

1.) Sadly my post count is still under 10, so I can't post any links yet. And I woulda posted the message itself, but I felt like it's wayyy too long.
2.) I understand and respect y'alls issues when it comes to applying/submitting (I would just pick good balanced fighters), but this is his variation of the idea so it's really up to him to change that.
3.) I LOVE that you brought up having duos! I'm doing my own duo season right now! I don't think he's gonna do that for his season 1 though (I didn't), but it'd be amazing to see!
4.) This really isn't a "defend your title every season" type of game (can be changed in your variation though), each season would probably have an entirely different cast (at least that's how I do it) but again! this is his variation, so I don't know how it'll go!
~TRUEGEMINI~
Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 10:51:22 am by TrueGemini
#15  May 27, 2019, 06:22:59 pm
    • USA
Although I did intend for this to be a way of getting some people to start creating (or editing) characters.

#16  May 28, 2019, 04:26:25 am
    • USA
STILL waiting for submissions...

#17  May 28, 2019, 06:53:03 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Although I did intend for this to be a way of getting some people to start creating (or editing) characters.

People aren't going to make or edit characters specifically for this... and if that is the whole reason for the extremely limiting rules then that's a pretty poor reason to do so. Like I told you before the people who'd want to join this just want to enter any character edited or not. If you just follow what my revision had said

Then all these problems would be gone, especially considering that you're double posting for people to submit characters I'd would listen to what I have to say in the revision. Due note I'm trying to help you here with this by the way
Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 06:56:43 am by Amidweiz
#18  May 28, 2019, 07:24:42 am
    • USA

People aren't going to make or edit characters specifically for this... and if that is the whole reason for the extremely limiting rules then that's a pretty poor reason to do so. Like I told you before the people who'd want to join this just want to enter any character edited or not. If you just follow what my revision had said

Then all these problems would be gone, especially considering that you're double posting for people to submit characters I'd would listen to what I have to say in the revision. Due note I'm trying to help you here with this by the way
I may actually use your rules for the next season. In the meantime, I'm contacting a few prolific character creators, asking them to submit their characters. Hopefully they do decide to submit.
And about the bonus stages. I just wanted a good selection of iconic bonus stages from all across the fighting genre. Who knows, perhaps I may even get the odd character whose AI excels at bonus stages! (If that's even possible)

But then again, this IS the part where I just throw everything at the wall and see what sticks, if you know what I mean.

#19  May 29, 2019, 10:46:36 pm
    • USA
This just underwent a major rules change! Now you can submit any character you want, as long as it doesn't break the other submission rules!

#20  June 01, 2019, 07:39:10 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Nice, now with the rule change for my character I'll pick Kinyo Roadshow by The_none

now for better mini games/bosses for the AI to go through I've made up a list from some test I did

• Strength Training by POTS
  • SoR2 by K-Fox
  • Punch Cell by Sawady
  • Stone Bonus by chin-ya
  • Legion by Omegapsycho
  • Control Box by sergeus
  • Ice Pillar Smash by MAITAKE
  • eye of cthulhu by MabsKMK

I'm sure there is more out there I missed
Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 07:49:50 pm by Amidweiz