YesNoOk

Jotaro Kujo -Updated 6-16-2019 (Read 14263 times)

Started by Infinite Daze, May 31, 2019, 10:02:35 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Jotaro Kujo
#21  June 02, 2019, 08:40:09 pm
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
    • cornetaneitor@gmail.com
    • ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/
Thank you so much for this excellent char, Infinite!
You know, ShinRei (Now "2Dee4Ever") was making a Jotaro char 3 years ago or so... but I guess he never finished it.
Anyway, no one's more qualified to make a character as hyped as Jotaro than the king himself! Haha.

Honestly, one of the friends whom I play Mugen irl here and there was asking me to make a Jotaro char, 'cause he's a HUGE JoJo's fan.
Now we're gonna have a blast ORA'ing each other thanks to you! Haha.
#22  June 03, 2019, 01:34:57 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
So while I was using him, I actually found some bugs regarding his Platinum Light super:
-His forward run as Star Platinum has no dash sound effect.
-If you are performing any moves in the air while as Star Platinum when it's times up, the revert animation doesn't play and switches back to Jotaro automatically after touching the ground.
-If you perform Reverse Time and successfully counter the opponent's move right when Platinum Light ends and the revert animation plays, the opponent is forever stuck in a custom state and can no longer be hit.

Since I rarely use that super, that's why I thought everything was ironed out. Turns out that's not the case as long as I don't use Platinum Light too often.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#23  June 05, 2019, 06:38:00 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
So while I was using him, I actually found some bugs regarding his Platinum Light super:
-His forward run as Star Platinum has no dash sound effect.
-If you are performing any moves in the air while as Star Platinum when it's times up, the revert animation doesn't play and switches back to Jotaro automatically after touching the ground.
-If you perform Reverse Time and successfully counter the opponent's move right when Platinum Light ends and the revert animation plays, the opponent is forever stuck in a custom state and can no longer be hit.

Since I rarely use that super, that's why I thought everything was ironed out. Turns out that's not the case as long as I don't use Platinum Light too often.
Fixed
#24  June 16, 2019, 01:45:11 am
After using the star finger Jotaro can't do the lk mk chain was this to reduce his damage ?
https://streamable.com/dfi3y

Also, when Jotaro is hard knocked down, he bounces and then he's able to stand up. He is unable to get up before the bounce and sometimes you want to keep the pressure going.
By bounce I mean an animation he does.

I would also speed up the EX star finger a tad bit, If I am wrong, please feel free to correct me, but I don't see any difference between the ex version of star finger or and the normal one, well I think the EX one has a tad bit longer hit stun and damage but from what I am seeing that's it and as it stands that ain't worth the bar usage.

Speeding it up a tad bit will result is some wake up shenanigans if you time it right and I feel it will be worth the bar usage in that manner.

I would also tweak the EX dash punch ( DB any punch) so Jotaro can continue a combo after it, bar the movement bonus I don't see the EX version's use. When it connects Jotaro is unable to move. I would live him open if its blocked though so he can get punished.
Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 02:28:05 am by PeXXeR
#25  June 16, 2019, 03:33:08 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
After using the star finger Jotaro can't do the lk mk chain was this to reduce his damage ?
https://streamable.com/dfi3y
Jotaro can't cancel any normals into normals while SP is on screen, not just damage but had potential for many infinites

Also, when Jotaro is hard knocked down, he bounces and then he's able to stand up. He is unable to get up before the bounce and sometimes you want to keep the pressure going.
By bounce I mean an animation he does.
Yeah his gethits were kind of jack with so I rearranged for custom states and his animations to be similar to others. Fixed

I would also speed up the EX star finger a tad bit, If I am wrong, please feel free to correct me, but I don't see any difference between the ex version of star finger or and the normal one, well I think the EX one has a tad bit longer hit stun and damage but from what I am seeing that's it and as it stands that ain't worth the bar usage.
The EX Star Finger covers as the most distance, has the startup time of the light version... Has Invincibility frames on both Jotaro and SP....
Speeding it up a tad bit will result is some wake up shenanigans if you time it right and I feel it will be worth the bar usage in that manner.
it really doesn't need more buffs I might as make it a super move at that point. the normal versions of the move can already do shenanigans if you manage to place the right timing and buttons.

I would also tweak the EX dash punch ( DB any punch) so Jotaro can continue a combo after it, bar the movement bonus I don't see the EX version's use. When it connects Jotaro is unable to move. I would live him open if its blocked though so he can get punished.
This  EX version has followup which allows for either good mixup or combo potential, also, It also has some of the features mentioned on the other EX move that I talked about minus the invincibility frames.
Re: Jotaro Kujo -Updated 6-16-2019
#26  June 16, 2019, 04:41:45 pm
Ah, my bad, I thought the range was identical,  I will test the EX version of the dash punch to see what I can get from it.
Not being able to cancel the normals when SP is on the screen makes sense, good call.

Thanks for the updates !
Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 04:44:54 pm by PeXXeR
Re: Jotaro Kujo -Updated 6-16-2019
#27  June 16, 2019, 06:21:37 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Updated fixed custom screen positioning bug on custom states
6/16/2019 21 PM EST