YesNoOk

The Master of the Fist, Akuma (Read 8475 times)

Started by Yuko, June 08, 2019, 06:59:56 pm
Share this topic:
The Master of the Fist, Akuma
New #1  June 08, 2019, 06:59:56 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Spoiler: useless information that I always talk about on my releases (click to see content)

"Weakness is a disease! I am the cure!"

Screens:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Shin mode included, special intro and patches included, many potraits, win portraits and super portraits already inserted in the sff for you to choose.

Download:
https://crepa.neocities.org/mugen/chars

I hope you enjoy. :8):

Feedback guys, where are you?

Edit: I forgot to mention that if you're going to modify stuff in "config.txt" using the specific char def files (NormalAkuma.def or ShinAkuma.def), you need to edit the files in States folder with the same name, NormalAkuma.st and ShinAkuma.st.
Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 08:34:18 pm by DeathScythe
Re: The Master of the Fist, Akuma
#2  June 08, 2019, 07:25:35 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
nice,was looking for a different akuma for days to tell the truth,but does this include Froz's Color Seperation?
#3  June 08, 2019, 07:29:58 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
It's work well, with the essential Akuma things, but the Normal SGS Finish Kanji is off-center and I can't unsee that.
Also I'm not too keen on the Tenma Gou Zankuu self-knockback, I know it's meant to be CVS-Accurate but it just looks strange to me.
EDIT: Also not keen on the Zenpou Tenshin as QCB when the Fire Hadouken is HCB, you do the wrong one if you're not careful.
and MAX Mode EX Moves should take away 1/3 of the Bar like what DW did to his updates.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 07:47:29 pm by RagingRowen
#4  June 08, 2019, 07:40:11 pm
A really good Akuma.

Feedback time
The lack of a Super Tatsu hyper disturbs me , however I know this is a personal choice thing.
I can't get some of the basic Akuma combos to hit consistently (this may be a ME thing)
Is it possible to chain after a low tatsu to Super dragon punch hyper (sry forgot the name)
I may be used to Mwrly Akuma but I feel Normal Akuma is a tad bit on the slow side.

Take my feedback with a pinch of salt though, let me boot up CVS2 and try akuma, its been a bit since I played it.
You have improved a lot, its really nice to see an Akuma that's not all about silly hypers and insane damage.
Good job !  :mhappy:

Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 07:59:10 pm by PeXXeR
#5  June 08, 2019, 07:53:30 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
nice,was looking for a different akuma for days to tell the truth,but does this include Froz's Color Seperation?

Yes! :)

It's work well, with the essential Akuma things, but the Normal SGS Finish Kanji is off-center and I can't unsee that.
Also I'm not too keen on the Tenma Gou Zankuu self-knockback, I know it's meant to be CVS-Accurate but it just looks strange to me,
EDIT: Also not keen on the Zenpou Tenshin as QCB when the Fire Hadouken is HCB, you do the wrong one if you're not careful.
and MAX Mode EX Moves should take away 1/3 of the Bar like what DW did to his updates.

I'll try to center the Kanji. Now that you mentioned it looks a bit off.
Zenpou Tenshin was always like this, I also had this problem a lot with other Akumas. lol
Oh, I forgot about this, I'm used to Custom Combo and almost never use MAX Mode. Not sure if I'll update it, I'd have to upadate my other chars too. Maybe in the future.

A really good Akuma.

Feedback time
Tha lack of a Super Tatsu hyper disturbs me , however I know this is a personal choice thing.
I can't get some of the basic Akuma combos to hit consistently (this may be a ME thing)
Is it possible to chain after a low tatsu to Super dragon punch hyper (sry forgot the name)
I may be used to Mwrly Akuma but I feel Normal Akuma is a tad bit on the slow side.

You have improved a lot, its really nice to see an Akuma that's not all about silly hypers and insane damage.
Good job !  :mhappy:

Thanks a lot, is really appreciated!
- I'll take a look at the combos and see what I can do
- The low Tatsu to Messatsu Goshoryu chain will be fixed
- He indeed IS slow, even more if you're used to play as Shin Akuma. Not going to change it, though.

Also I found an issue with Ashura Senku when you're near the edges, I'll fix it too.
Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 08:00:44 pm by DeathScythe
#6  June 08, 2019, 08:25:02 pm
Just fought him, his AI is great, props on that too. ( I got my ass beat)

Edit: Gameplay wise the only issues per say I can find are those
https://streamable.com/a9bgr
Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 08:42:36 pm by PeXXeR
#7  June 08, 2019, 08:52:22 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
It is not connecting because of how I coded the juggles, but I'll fix.
Thanks for the feedback!
#8  June 09, 2019, 01:45:59 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
I like your approach with Akuma. Unlike most Akumas I have tried, most of the moves are not redundant and they are efficient at what they do with little to nothing being unnecessary. Easily the best Pots-style character to me for a long time.
#9  June 09, 2019, 04:30:08 am
a great convertion... this char looks awesome.
#10  June 09, 2019, 08:30:13 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I like your approach with Akuma. Unlike most Akumas I have tried, most of the moves are not redundant and they are efficient at what they do with little to nothing being unnecessary. Easily the best Pots-style character to me for a long time.

a great convertion... this char looks awesome.

Thank you both! :sugoi:

I've updated him based on some issues I found and on feedback here:

- Centered Kanji (Shun Goku Satsu finishing)
- Removed unused sprites (I always forget :rage:)
- Fixed issue with Ashura Senku near edges
- Some tweaks in the AI
- Some tweaks on velocities and juggles for better combos
- Fixed wrong statetype on MAX Tenma Gozanku
- Projectiles now appear in front of the players when hit, not behind like before

And if you find more, please report so I can fix. :P
#11  June 09, 2019, 10:53:11 am
Thanks for the updates !

1.Sometimes when I try to combo a jump in heavy kick close HP to low tatsu the close HP will not come out as I stands right now its not reliable.
If this is something on my end, please let me know.

2. The super cancel to the level 2 super dragon punch wiffs, I will not be reporting this if it was only a level 1 super dragon punch however it is a waste of 2 bars right now. Even in the corner depending on timing it can do from 12 to 13 hits its a tad bit unreliable.

Video. I tried to capture both issues in the video.
https://streamable.com/qqayc

Thanks.
#12  June 09, 2019, 11:16:20 am
  • Was it something I said?
-EX Tatsumaki brings up an error
-When hitting with Misogi, the dust is on the top left side of the screen.
(Note: These two in Mugen 1.0, and I tested it in 1.1 and no errors there... maybe it was time I joined in the Mugen 1.1 squad for a change, so I won't get weird stuff)

-Not a fan of some of the animations being a tad fast, but that's just my silly opinion.
-Nice to see some of my Super Portraits are being used quite nicely. :)

By far, this is the best representation of a normal PotS-styled Akuma I've played so far (yours and DivineWolf's of course.) Keep up the good work, mate.
#13  June 09, 2019, 11:51:22 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
[...]

I see, I'll try to fix both. Thank you for reporting.

[...]

I forgot to test him on 1.0, will take a look later and fix everything.
Can you tell some examples of animations being fast? Maybe I can change it.

And about the Super Portraits, can you link me to the ones you made? Cause I made these all myself lol. I went to see your posts searching for it but couldn't find anything (I got lazy and didn't go too far anyway :P ).

Also thank you for the comments! :)
#14  June 09, 2019, 12:32:28 pm
  • Was it something I said?
This was way back when I was helping out Mrwrly with his Akuma (I have the ones without the photobucket symbol intact, but I think yours is better.)
Spoiler: Old Portraits, but will find them if you need them) (click to see content)

Edit: What I meant by animations being fast are the ground throws. They happen too fast. Also, not really a fan of how slow-ish the taunt is. I assume CvS2 probably does that, though. That part is up to you.
Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 12:45:21 pm by Knuckles8864
#15  June 09, 2019, 12:48:42 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Nice to see another character from you. Didn't expect you to do Akuma, so that's a bit of a surprise. I guess I'll rename DivineWolf's to Akuma EX or something so I can differentiate yours to his since I still like his version too.

Anyway, some feedback:
-Hyakkishu has a ground pound sound effect instead of a normal landing one on Hyakki Gouzan when Akuma touches the ground. Feels kinda off when Hyakki Goudan has a normal landing sound effect.
-In Shin mode, I noticed he can't teleport (Although, I can understand not being used in normal mode as those commands would be used for his EX moves). Is this intentional for the sake of balance? Because I know he could in the source game.

Not much this time as it's pretty good aesthetics wise. It's getting late for me, so I'll probably search for more later.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#16  June 09, 2019, 02:47:35 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Didn't ried yet! But I'm really glad you go on with great projects!!

Keep it up, I'll give it a try when I'm back home!
#17  June 09, 2019, 03:19:29 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
[...]
Oh, there is one that is very similar, indeed.
The throws are a bit too fast, yes. But I'm REALLY LAZY when it comes to coding throws (which is ironic because my first character was R. Mika and she has a lot of throws) so I'm not going to change it now. I will however later.
Taunt will be changed in the next update.

[...]
Thanks man, I knew you would appear soon or later. Also did you check the 'special thanks' section in the ReadMe? :P
The sounds for Hyakkishu were like this in the source so I did it that way, but I confess I also felt it weird. Will be changed.
He can teleport in Shin mode, but the command is still 3 punches or 3 kicks. I'm guessing you're trying with only 2. I'll add a command with 2 punches / 2 kicks for Shin mode though.

[...]
Thanks, I hope you enjoy! I'm still changing and fixing things on him so don't expect too much. :P
#18  June 09, 2019, 04:30:44 pm
wow big surprise, my top favorite capcom's character  :gouki: I am excited to add him and play as him now
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#19  June 09, 2019, 05:28:10 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Another Akuma...
But that's not a bad thing.

A feedback: When Akuma use Misogi in his Shin form, his dust effect is up in the corner.
Also his Hyakki Gouzan uses his crouch medium kick instead his Hyakki Gouzan special kick.
This is fate.
Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 06:53:30 pm by Darkrow
#20  June 09, 2019, 07:58:32 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Another Akuma...
But that's not a bad thing.

A feedback: When Akuma use Misogi in his Shin form, his dust effect is up in the corner.
Also his Hyakki Gouzan uses his crouch medium kick instead his Hyakki Gouzan special kick.

I'm aware of the dust effect in the wrong place, and it will be fixed. This is just happening in MUGEN 1.0 though, 1,1 is fine.
And Hyakki Gouzan is like this in most sources including CvS2 and SFA series, is just PotS ShinGouki and his edits that have a different kick (I think it is from SFIII). I prefer the CvS version, so not changing it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: Updated again. Fixed almost everything.
I'd like to know if the special intros are working, if someone can test I'd be very grateful.
Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 09:21:46 pm by DeathScythe