YesNoOk

Dark Phoenix (1.0 Fix) (Read 16300 times)

Started by Mr. Giang, June 06, 2019, 11:02:10 am
Share this topic:
Dark Phoenix (1.0 Fix)
#1  June 06, 2019, 11:02:10 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
BGM: Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 01:11:38 am by Mr. Giang
Re: Dark Phoenix
#2  June 06, 2019, 11:21:56 am
    • USA
    • leekrs1@gmail.com
Just tried to test her out in fighter factory and got this error with both versions

Error message: Can't load Phoenix.sff
Error loading chars/ff3_0/ff3_0.def
Error loading p1
#3  June 06, 2019, 03:25:18 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
I know this was said on MFFA Discord but I feel the need of bringing this back again.
Welp, your screenpack screws things up.
#4  June 06, 2019, 06:26:15 pm
    • USA
I know this was said on MFFA Discord but I feel the need of bringing this back again.
Welp, your screenpack screws things up.

I'm actually having the same problem.

Copy/Paste from MFFA:

There seems to be a problem with your Phoenix. I get an error that says it can't load the .sff... Is she only for MUGEN 1.1?

Also, the folder name and the .def are backwards (folder name is 'Phoenix_G' and .def is 'G_Phoenix') as well.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#5  June 06, 2019, 06:51:28 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
I get an error too. Even with reordering everything listed in Phoenix' DEF in accordance to KFM's Def, it does lead me to a more substantial error notice. There seems to be something wrong with the SFF file.

Edit: Very weird. I opened her up in FF and resaved her SFF to assure it's saved as 1.0, then load MUGEN on FF and she loads up just fine. What's even weirder is that I load her up in regular MUGEN after saving in FF and she now works fine.
Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 07:31:54 pm by Nep Heart
#6  June 06, 2019, 10:04:23 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
question: if dark phoenix wins 2 rounds how can i do a specific quote code for the dark phoenix form since it has 2 victory quotes?
Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 11:57:53 pm by drewski90
#7  June 06, 2019, 10:57:04 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
Also, found a few errors while playing around with Dark Phoenix.

- TK Trap and Phoenix Rage lack transparency in certain portions of those moves.
- I recall that Phoenix can juggle off her throw if done close enough at the corner in MvC3, but she can't do it here. Granted, TK Trap OTGing mitigates that issue.
- On the subject of throws, I feel the throw is kinda useless even for its intended purpose since it's very easy to throw tech out of it. I'd recommend throw teching only being allowed on the first several frames on grab success.
- Damage scaling could probably be a little more lenient, I've noticed that all her damage starts to reach to 1 fairly quickly. Maybe a minimum damage scale could be implemented similar to what RicePigeon does?
#8  June 07, 2019, 01:52:55 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
This is one of your best works so far. :)

Re: Dark Phoenix (Quick Fix Update)
#9  June 07, 2019, 04:27:17 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
This is one of your best works so far. :)

Thanks. Much appreciated.

question: if dark phoenix wins 2 rounds how can i do a specific quote code for the dark phoenix form since it has 2 victory quotes?

Oh, that can't be done in normal ways though. That being said, I, being an uncreative derp, can't really think a good set of win quotes for her. It would be nice if someone could do that :p. I would be appreciated if you could come up with something nice for her (both with normal Phoenix and Dark Phoenix).

Also, found a few errors while playing around with Dark Phoenix.

- TK Trap and Phoenix Rage lack transparency in certain portions of those moves.
- I recall that Phoenix can juggle off her throw if done close enough at the corner in MvC3, but she can't do it here. Granted, TK Trap OTGing mitigates that issue.
- On the subject of throws, I feel the throw is kinda useless even for its intended purpose since it's very easy to throw tech out of it. I'd recommend throw teching only being allowed on the first several frames on grab success.
- Damage scaling could probably be a little more lenient, I've noticed that all her damage starts to reach to 1 fairly quickly. Maybe a minimum damage scale could be implemented similar to what RicePigeon does?

All of your suggestions have been applied to the update (except the 2nd one as I haven't been able to do that successfully in source game). Thanks Nep!

Changelogs:
- Now fully compatible with MUGEN 1.0.
- Now have minimum damage scaling (minimal damage scaling at 10%).
- Fixed a glitch which allowed opponents to tech out of throw too easily.
Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 08:15:26 am by Mr. Giang
#10  June 07, 2019, 04:56:08 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
#11  June 09, 2019, 04:31:19 am
finally the phoenix for mugen is here..... it took a lot of time to see the light of sun.
#12  June 09, 2019, 06:09:32 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
Oh, came across another small issue while playing around with Phoenix. More precisely, I get debug flood for states 1500 to 1550 having their values truncated.
#13  June 09, 2019, 06:11:55 am
    • Brazil
I also found out that, sometimes, when she is knocked back, she gets stuck being knocked back in the wall until something hits her out of it.
#14  June 09, 2019, 08:00:58 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
finally the phoenix for mugen is here..... it took a lot of time to see the light of sun.

Thanks! Glad that you like her!

Oh, came across another small issue while playing around with Phoenix. More precisely, I get debug flood for states 1500 to 1550 having their values truncated.

I was quite surprised to see this only affected MUGEN 1.0 as the debug floods don't happen in 1.1. Since I figured out the root of the problem, it actually affects a lot of other moves as well. I will try to sort this out asap.

I also found out that, sometimes, when she is knocked back, she gets stuck being knocked back in the wall until something hits her out of it.

That's odd. I have never encounter such problem before. Could you elaborate more about this?
Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 04:31:52 pm by Mr. Giang
#15  June 09, 2019, 05:50:31 pm
    • Brazil
That's odd. I have never encounter such problem before. Could you elaborate more about this?
It happens when she is against a character that can send them flying into a wall. Usually, the character is sent flying across the screen, slams against the wall and falls to the ground, but with Phoenix, sometimes she is sent flying across the screen, slams against the wall and stays there on the wall until something hits her and causes her to fall. I'll try to reproduce it, I thought it was an issue with the character fighting against her, but it happened with another one as well.

EDIT: Got it, its at the very end of the video. I initially thought it was an issue with Shadow Lady, but then I fought Muteki's Sol and he also got her stuck like that.

Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 06:09:40 pm by Macaulyn97
#16  June 10, 2019, 01:04:28 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
That definitely due to those characters trying to access some sprites that Phoenix doesn't have. Could you share me that Shadow Lady?
#17  June 10, 2019, 01:11:22 am
    • Brazil
#18  June 10, 2019, 01:21:07 pm
    • Brazil
By the way, there is something I want to suggest you: I think her Dark Phoenix hyper should be brought down to a lvl 3, maybe add more requirements to that, like winning a round, or something. I know this feels OP, but in MvC3 and UMvC3, she was on a 3v3, which made it easier to stack power. In MUGEN, she is unlikely to keep all that power, since she will most likely use it for healing and, if she doesn't, she probably will just beat the guy anyway.

Also, one thing that is kind of an eyesore, I'm not sure it can be changed is how her health continues to get healed by Healing Field even after she dies. Also, I didn't personally test it, but I'd expect that to have weird interactions with Mortal Kombat characters' Finish Him! state.
#19  June 10, 2019, 07:58:07 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 I don't think there is much that can be done about pre-Fatality states since a reliable method to detect them doesn't exist, not helped by the fact different authors don't even code pre-Fatalities the same, complicating the problem. However, I do agree that Phoenix (and pretty much all of Giang's stuff, although I mostly focus on his comic book stuff since I don't really care for JoJo) could have faster meter gain in 1v1 matches since I know they were designed for tag team in mind.
#20  June 11, 2019, 04:05:55 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
That's completely understandable. This has also been one of the problems that bug me a lot as balancing a character for Single match is fairly different to Tag match. That being said, I have come up with a solution which will remedy this problem and it will come to the play in the next universal update.
Also, I didn't notice the Healing Field bug. That will be fixed in the next update as well.