YesNoOk

The Master of the Fist, Akuma (Read 8473 times)

Started by Yuko, June 08, 2019, 06:59:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Master of the Fist, Akuma
#21  June 09, 2019, 09:37:53 pm
I just tested the updates. Great stuff, thanks ! I am adding your triggers right now to mwrly ryu cause I almost forgot I edited the system.st

Edit: Just tested  the intros for Vega and Ryu.  They work as intended.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 10:09:58 pm by PeXXeR
#22  June 09, 2019, 10:22:07 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Thanks, glad you liked! The intro with Ryu is based on their intro in SF4 :P

Now I just found something odd, the AI uses Tenma Kujin Kyaku (the dive kick) when jumping back, I'll have to fix it later.
#23  June 10, 2019, 06:28:24 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
One more update. Mostly bug fixes, but I also added character specific winquotes. I forgot to mention that in the previous update I included one more command for Ashura Senku (teleport) in Shin mode using 2 punches or 2 kicks instead of the usual 3. I think this will be the last update for now unless someone finds more bugs.
Thanks everyone for commenting and giving feedback.
#24  June 10, 2019, 08:16:28 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I somehow expected you to make Akuma eventually since he was once your website's background image, which felt like a bit of a teaser coming. :P

Very clean, I can't really find any noticeable flaw to pick up tbh, so, you definitely took all the time in the world to make this character. Last time I've tried any of your stuff was Ingrid, which was released last year iirc.
#25  June 11, 2019, 11:37:05 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I somehow expected you to make Akuma eventually since he was once your website's background image, which felt like a bit of a teaser coming. :P

Very clean, I can't really find any noticeable flaw to pick up tbh, so, you definitely took all the time in the world to make this character. Last time I've tried any of your stuff was Ingrid, which was released last year iirc.

I thought on making him back in 2014, he would be my first char, but I didn't know much about making chars so I stopped in the middle of the proccess. Back then he was going to be more of a CvS char, without the PotS sparks and effects or even Color Separation, because I thought it too complicated. Now I felt a bit more confortable to actually making him the way I wanted.
Thanks for the comments, I did my best to make a solid char. Ingrid was released in 2018 september, I'm planning on updating her and Mika soon. :sugoi:
#26  June 11, 2019, 12:22:13 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Thanks man, I knew you would appear soon or later. Also did you check the 'special thanks' section in the ReadMe? :P
The sounds for Hyakkishu were like this in the source so I did it that way, but I confess I also felt it weird. Will be changed.
He can teleport in Shin mode, but the command is still 3 punches or 3 kicks. I'm guessing you're trying with only 2. I'll add a command with 2 punches / 2 kicks for Shin mode though.
Ah, no wonder why I couldn't do it. I used lots of Akumas/Goukis and they always used 2 buttons to perform the teleport. I know some of the things were like that in the source game, but the aesthetics in CvS2 were really bad such as oversized hitsparks, misplaced sounds, lo-res effects, lack of envshake in certain parts, etc. That's why I don't think it should be 100% source completely. Do keep the gameplay close to source, but make the aesthetics nice and clean as possible.

And yes, I did. I saw that on the readme when I completely missed the part regarding the Ashura Senku being 3 buttons. Thanks for that too. :P
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#27  June 11, 2019, 01:16:16 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

"aesthetics in CvS2 were really bad"
I do agree with this statement, with those pixelated flame effects from Kyo and co.
That's why I go for a more modern and clean "CVS3" approach when I look for or make things.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#28  June 12, 2019, 06:28:20 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
One more update, just a small bug fix in turns intro.
#29  June 12, 2019, 09:28:45 pm
    • USA
Dumb question but does anyone have a link to Ryu by PotS & Mwryly & varo_hades
#30  June 12, 2019, 09:30:59 pm
    • USA
Also, can the special intro works on Betherhans's Ryu?
#31  June 12, 2019, 10:17:06 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
#32  June 13, 2019, 12:31:41 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

I know that DivineWolf version is great aswell, but i dare to say that exactly because of being balanced and for being more accuracy with the CvS2 appearance without custom stuff, this Akuma is awesome!! :D

Thanks bro, such a top notch work you did. :)
#33  June 13, 2019, 08:32:40 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
The version of Akuma I had before this one was by mwryly, and while the moveset isn't as complete and varied as his, I genuinely enjoy playing this one a bit more. A few notes of feedback, though mostly minor things, some admittedly nitpicky:

- Messatsu Gou Hadou doesn't have the super flash on the last or second to last hits. The same goes with Tenma Gou Zanku. I've only seen this happen with the Level 1 variations of both due to how precise the health has to be, but it's worth checking out for the other ones. Update Edit: Got a round finish with the last hit of the MAX variation of Messatsu Gou Hadou, can confirms that it is indeed the same deal.
     - Also, I don't remember if this is how it was in CvS2, but I think both Akuma's Level 1 Tenma Gou Zanku does one hit less than the ground version.
- I think the afterimage on the winpose is wrong. I remember it being on the stomp winpose rather than the back turned one. Unless that was intentional, in which case, disregard this =P
- I know this was intentional with making Akuma closer to his CvS incarnations, but both forms of Akuma feel very samey. There isn't much that can be done to change that while keeping your vision intact, though.
- A bit of a helping tip with the SGS Kanji finish: Finishing the match with a Shun Goku Satsu will have the music stop playing, but it will come back after the Kanji fades. If you want to keep the music off, instead of having the destroyself trigger state being time >= 120, it should be RoundState < 3

Everything else feels absolutely smooth and fantastic. Absolutely loving your characters, man!
Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 08:56:15 am by Project.13
#34  June 13, 2019, 02:58:24 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
There you are, I knew you would appear soon or later. xD
Thank you my friend, I love your videos too, I'm glad you liked it that much, means a lot to me! Como diria Falcon Rapper, é nóis!

Thank you for comments and feedback, I'll check those and come back with a reply. But for now:
- I don't understand what you mean by super flash, you mean the Super Finishing? I'm not that good with terminology and english is not my native language, I'm sorry :(
Anyway I'll check it.
- Well, isn't it right? Tenma Gou Zanku does 4 hits and Messatsu Gou Hadou does 5. I'm not so sure about the MAX versions, as both of them does 8, I'll have to check it on the source.
- Another thing I'll have to check, don't remember if is the stomp or the turn (or both) that have the AfterImage. My memory is really bad :lol:
- Some of the differences are not very noticiable, such as the time recovery for most moves in Shin mode being faster, damage dealing is bigger, some sounds also are different (for example the sound when you teleport), and the most noticiable ones are the speed and moves that one mode can do and the othercan't, including the EX moves. Also, I tried making AI for Shin mode more agressive, just like a boss (not pun intended xD). Normal Akuma's AI is more balanced and not that agressive, but still strong.
- Oh, this one is my personal choice, I wanted the music to keep playing after the Kanji fades. If I'm not mistaken, in Street Fighter Alpha 3 it was like that, and I prefer this way than having no music until the next round / fight begins.

I'll edit my post after checking some of the things you said, or post another if someone post something after me.
Thank you again for the feedback!
#35  June 13, 2019, 09:36:10 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Yeah, I meant the Super Finish flash, that was my own mistake with messing up the terminology. Also, just played some CvS2 and the Tenma Gou Zanku is indeed 4 hits. As far as the winpose goes, I actually didn't see either pose with the afterimage, so now I'm freaking out paranoid thinking that I completely just imagined it lmao. With the music and kanji fade, that is how it is in the other Street Fighter games and CvS2 as well. I think the only games that have the music completely stop and Street Fighter V and x Tekken, actually.

Also, where did you get Shin Akuma's Kanji from? It doesn't look like his CvS2 Kanji at all, but I think I like it better tbh.
#36  June 13, 2019, 10:44:08 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
You mean the kanji in his back? I "drew" it myself, and the normal kanji too. xD