YesNoOk

So, is mugen 1.1 general use now?, or do most people preffer 1.0 still? (Read 7650289 times)

Started by vyn, June 06, 2019, 12:14:40 am
Share this topic:

Poll

What mugen version do you use the most??

39 (41.9%)
54 (58.1%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Re: So, is mugen 1.1 general use now?, or do most people preffer 1.0 still?
#21  June 07, 2019, 08:50:09 am
I don't understand why anyone still uses 1.0 mugen 1.1 is definitely superior.
#22  June 07, 2019, 10:10:41 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I use both  :8):

Well, I prefer 1.1 because of zoom and png support, BUT, my microwave can't handle it without lag so I'm trying to avoid png for now. I still use 1.0 for testing, though.
#23  June 07, 2019, 01:49:59 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
1.1 because of the OpenGL function and to help me better position explods and helpers due to the having the option of putting e.g. 5.7 over 5 for consistency. I quit using 1.0 long time ago.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!

vyn

#24  June 11, 2019, 08:32:40 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Welp, looks like 1.1 is the prevalent version.
#25  June 11, 2019, 08:56:52 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
I rather use both 1.0 + 1.1 because not many people have a gaming PC to run the 1.1 so that's why we use 1.0 for their benefits
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/

vyn

#26  June 11, 2019, 11:38:11 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
I do believe my laptop is a toaster with pretty lights, seems to run 1.1 pretty well.
#27  June 11, 2019, 11:53:09 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
As I said before, I use 1.1 but without OpenGL cause my microwave lags with it. Not that much, is playable, but I prefer performance over graphic.
#28  June 15, 2019, 12:08:09 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
My loyalty will stay with 1.0.

It's much more stable and to me, allows more freedom than 1.1.
1.1 is still a beta engine compared to 1.0.

Once it's fully released, I'll probably change.
Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 12:47:22 pm by Kolossoni
#29  June 15, 2019, 01:01:36 pm

Its actually the opposite 1.1 can do more and saves you loads of time if you don't plan to index, also 1.1 has all the features 1.0  has.
#30  June 15, 2019, 01:23:07 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India

Its actually the opposite 1.1 can do more and saves you loads of time if you don't plan to index, also 1.1 has all the features 1.0  has.

...and there are no stability issues whatsoever. I guess he hasn't really used the 1.1 engine enough to realize what it has to offer.
#31  June 15, 2019, 01:31:21 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen

...and there are no stability issues whatsoever. I guess he hasn't really used the 1.1 engine enough to realize what it has to offer.

Contrary to belief, I have tried converting to 1.1 before.
The only problem was that even though it had WAY more functions than what 1.0 could offer, the system itself required so much more gpu and cpu compared to my 1.0.
Besides, my 1.0 was already spectacular that 1.1's codes didn't even offer me much. Therefore, rather than putting the risk to convert all my characters into a beta-unstable (and relatively brand new) 1.1, I decided to stick with 1.0 until 1.1 becomes more complete.
#32  June 15, 2019, 07:25:50 pm
You don't have to convert anything, you can just plop your chars as you do with 1.0.

24 minutes of 1.1 gameplay. If you see anything fishy that may be engine related, feel free to PM me.
All of the videos on the channel are 1.1 videos.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Again, 1.1 has everything 1.0 has and more, you don't have to do anything to your chars.
#33  June 15, 2019, 07:35:38 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
That's technically not entirely true. As someone who actually makes characters intended to be compatible with both versions of MUGEN, certain sctrls and parameters work differently between 1.0 and 1.1. Removeexplod sometimes is finnicky and requires extra workarounds, alpha in explods tend to fail a lot, you have to redo your math for pos to take zoom into consideration and, just recently, i've learned vars inside helpers and whatever they affect must be perfectly synchronized or the effects will fail.

Basically, Elecbyte changed up how even the same exact parameters interact between versions for some reasons.
#34  June 15, 2019, 07:46:39 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
What Nep said is true. I had some problems with weird positions of explods and some debug math errors in 1.0 that were not happening in 1.1, besides other things I forgot.
#35  June 15, 2019, 07:47:39 pm
Welp, everything I tossed at 1.1 ran with no issues. I even used some really old chars like Sanders Wolverine.

You can turn off zoom too. 1.0 runs like crap for me, and If I use localcoord on some chars it breaks some hypers or moves.
I guess it all boils down to the coder's ability  all of the chars in my roster were made for 1.0 and I have no issues with it.

The only real issue 1.1 has is that it does not map pals to the small ports. ( which can be addressed) however most of the people using 1.1 I assume use custom ports.

I get the feeling some people here think 1.1 lacks features and that's not true at all.
1.1 is the more powerful version of the engine and that's a fact.
Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 07:56:55 pm by PeXXeR
#36  June 15, 2019, 09:38:19 pm
  • 2D Forever. Maybe.
    • www.twitch.tv/brendle
Slightly unrelated question - Is 1.1 Beta the only version of 1.1 or is there a finalised version of 1.1? Because when I download it from this site, it's called 1.1b.
An anthropomorphic existential nightmare.
#37  June 15, 2019, 10:22:56 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Beta release is the latest release, yeah. Sadly no full version.

1.1 needs to not cut off menu sounds for me to be fully satisfied with it.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#38  June 15, 2019, 10:34:14 pm
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
Zoom is a complete non issue for any characters with properly coded explodes and helpers, it's only bad for characters that have projectiles designed to destroyself when offscreen, which Jango complained about years ago, and characters with effects designed explicitly for 4:3 with no radical zoom, e.g. Tung Fu Rue's beam super in NGBC.
#39  June 15, 2019, 10:34:41 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Welp, everything I tossed at 1.1 ran with no issues. I even used some really old chars like Sanders Wolverine.

You can turn off zoom too. 1.0 runs like crap for me, and If I use localcoord on some chars it breaks some hypers or moves.
I guess it all boils down to the coder's ability  all of the chars in my roster were made for 1.0 and I have no issues with it.

The only real issue 1.1 has is that it does not map pals to the small ports. ( which can be addressed) however most of the people using 1.1 I assume use custom ports.

I get the feeling some people here think 1.1 lacks features and that's not true at all.
1.1 is the more powerful version of the engine and that's a fact.

You would assume wrong, not everyone is gonna take the time to mess around with PS to make custom ports.

1.0 also runs better for people with less intensive computers or those who cannot support OpenGL.
#40  June 16, 2019, 02:05:52 am
Yeah I am not arguing the custom ports stuff, its just from what Ive seen in the majority of videos posted here.

As for 1.0 running better on older PC's, yeah that's true. I do find it weird though 1.0 runs awful for me its constantly dropping frames and it runs between 50/60 it may have something to do with AMD and their drivers but who knows, with 1.1 I don't have that issue.