YesNoOk

Mr. Ansatsuken's WIP Thread! (Current project: BROLY! & Chi-Chi?!) (Read 148994 times)

Started by Mr. Ansatsuken, February 08, 2019, 05:30:28 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Out of these characters, what Dragon Ball character should I make next?

Beerus
Raditz
Android 18
Re: Mr. Ansatsuken's WIP Thread! (Current project: BROLY! & Chi-Chi?!)
#141  June 17, 2019, 01:17:57 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
After reading this, my question is what does Ohgaki mean about "unauthorized edit." Is it editing the character itself or taking coding from it? If it's just using the sprites, that's not an edit at all. Since he'll ask anyway, there's probably going be a language barrier. Let's wait and see what happens.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 01:23:30 am by SolidZone 26
#142  June 17, 2019, 01:22:32 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
    • cornetaneitor@gmail.com
    • ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/
While waiting for one entire month, why don't you start Ken now? :gouki:
Haha, good question!
I don't know, man. I haven't decided just yet whether I'll get to work on Ken or not.
Mainly because of time.
Since I'm still finishing the last details on Broly, as well as helping DJMouF with his Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta.
But honestly, if finishing Chi-Chi took me so little, perhaps Ken would also take me 2~3 weeks or so.

I mean as long as you have given credit to the author of sprites then that's fine right? Or does it still count as an unauthorized edit for using the sprites?
I've given plenty of credit on the Readme.txt actually.

2.-Chi-Chi is creepy and sexualized in the manga too. I'm not gonna pretend as ohgaki didn't accentuate on that but I don't think it's a felony to have a Dragon Ball volume in Canada.

I didn't say anything about the manga at all did I? Otherwise our laws are super strict about anything like that, but lets not derail everything by going down that road.

What's abundantly clear is that Mr. Ansatsuken is going to release that character regardless, and from all the meme bullshit he obviously gets off on the negative attention he is getting. Frankly I feel he is in the right to do so, because this isn't 2009 anymore, and the guild was supposed to be the place to escape from all that closed sourced bullshit. As long as he credits the appropriate parties, then go for it.

Thanks, Eric.
Yeah. Chi-Chi is also my gf's favorite DB character.
In fact, she wants to cosplay Chi-Chi soon enough!
(I'll also be cosplaying Broly lol)
This is one of the reasons why I decided to make Chi-Chi in the first place.

After reading this, my question is what does Ohgaki mean about "unauthorized edit." Is it editing the character itself or taking coding from it? If it's just using the sprites, that's not an edit at all. Since he'll ask anyway, there's probably going be a language barrier. Let's wait and see what happens.
About the language barrier, yeah, perhaps he hasn't replied because his English isn't good enough? I don't know really.
#143  June 17, 2019, 01:27:38 am
    • USA
You should stop spreading the pedo thing, kinda f'd up. We could say something similar to all the other Loli/Touhou enthusiasts, literally has nothing to do with what you are trying to do, I mean you still wanted to use the sprites knowing his take on things.. 
#144  June 17, 2019, 01:36:03 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
You should stop spreading the pedo thing, kinda f'd up. We could say something similar to all the other Loli/Touhou enthusiasts, literally has nothing to do with what you are trying to do, I mean you still wanted to use the sprites knowing his take on things.. 
Yeh. I didn't bring it up lol.
I just couldn't NOT comment about it when the other users mentioned it, haha.
#145  June 17, 2019, 01:41:57 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#146  June 17, 2019, 01:42:43 am
    • USA
He has done more characters than just those. That is the kinda thing that could screw up a person's reputation, especially on a public forum. We have that freedom of expression through art, its just art. Anything else personal, should remain so.

Gill what difference does it make pointing that out? The point is, you like what you like and shouldn't be judged for it.

lui

#147  June 17, 2019, 01:54:15 am
    • USA
We could say something similar to all the other Loli/Touhou enthusiasts

loli? yes, that shit is gross in my own personal opinion

touhou? nah. its a lot more broad than that. and im not even a touhou fan all that much.

also Mr.A, you're actively commenting saying that it's so odd that it's very sexualized, despite the fact you're using those sprites yourself.

Don't be a hypocrite, if you really think that it's gross then don't use it, otherwise don't spread that stuff and go back on your word by using the sprites regardless, it's a really bad look for you.

there's also really no need to add all this baggage by constantly arguing with everyone else in a hostile way when they question you about your reasoning for basically not caring too much about what ohgaki himself might think.
 if you really think his art style is that gross, then why use it and still say all this stuff AND basically just say "eh whether he likes it or not im gonna release it"?

just be like "oh i know it's controversial but it's the only sprites i can use" or something.

this is coming from someone who has very negative opinions on his art style, i hate it, but it is not the main focus here obviously
Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 01:59:15 am by lui
#148  June 17, 2019, 02:11:02 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
Are you self-aware in the slightest?
Probably not.

He has done more characters than just those. That is the kinda thing that could screw up a person's reputation, especially on a public forum.
Yeah, I'm aware. That's why I didn't want to bring it up, but since there already were some 3 other users commenting it...

We have that freedom of expression through art, its just art. Anything else personal, should remain so.

Gill what difference does it make pointing that out? The point is, you like what you like and shouldn't be judged for it.
You're right. Althought it's pretty debatable whether or not "lolicon art" can be accepted as just "freedom of expression"...
It's been a heated, endless debate on the Internet for years now.

We could say something similar to all the other Loli/Touhou enthusiasts

loli? yes, that shit is gross in my own personal opinion

touhou? nah. its a lot more broad than that. and im not even a touhou fan all that much.

also Mr.A, you're actively commenting saying that it's so odd that it's very sexualized, despite the fact you're using those sprites yourself.
I'm only using the non-degenerate version, haha. The sprites I was talking about are not present in this char.
And perhaps they're not even allowed to be posted here, y'know...

Anyway, I hope we can forget about the situation for now lol.

Now there's something I think I should have asked long ago.
Since DJMouF and I are making CvS3/PotS/Infnite styled Dragon Ball characters, I'd like to know what character you'd want me to do next!
The poll I just added only contains Beerus, A18 and Raditz as of right now, only 'cause I wanted to put not-so-obvious options (AND because I can't add someone like Janemba, who wasn't playable on Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden and thus, doesn't have enough sprites for a Mugen char in this style).

I know that if I put Frieza, Cell or Future Trunks on the poll they're gonna take all the votes, but those are getting made eventually... so there was no need to add them lol.
Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 03:25:48 am by Mr. Ansatsuken

DW

#149  June 17, 2019, 02:18:58 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
It's fine. You don't need to wait a month. A week is good enough. If you try to contact during that time and he doesn't respond, so be it. Just give credit where credit is due. You'll be all good.
#150  June 17, 2019, 02:20:53 am
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
so just asking will other dbz characters will be same as broly? with 20 unnecessary projectile supers? No offence some of them look actually good
sorry if I sound like a dick
Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:32:24 am by Mark85
#151  June 17, 2019, 02:39:51 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
so just asking will other dbz characters will be same as broly? with 20 unnecessary projectile supers? No offence some of them look actually good
Eh, you DO realize all of them have different functions, right?

-(Lv1):
- Eraser Cannon works much like it does in FighterZ (except it doesn't punch you at the start-up... like a Shinkuu Hadouken)
- Full Power Energy Wave works as a Tenma Gozankuu
- Gigantic Roar works as an anti-air Super.

-(Lv2):
- Eraser Shot Volley works as a Messatsu Gohadou: Agyo
- Gigantic Meteor works much like it does in FighterZ, except it doesn't deal more damage the higher you use it.
- Planet Geyser works as a Lv2 anti-air Super.

-(Lv3)
- Gigantic Omegastorm may be re-worked a little bit, 'cause as of right now, it's sort of a weaker (but safer) Omega Blaster.
   Perhaps I could give it some different properties that will make it worth keeping, haha.

Only 7 out of his 20 Supers are projectiles actually.
But no. If I make more DB chars, they won't have HALF as many moves as Broly.
I mean, 11 Specials and 20 Supers?! Too much work to do it again lol.
But honestly, I just love giving characters ALL the moves they have. I've done this with Dan, Ryu, Akuma, Q, and now Broly.
Broly simply used to be my favorite fictional character as a kid. I used to fill entire notebooks with drawings of Broly lol.
So I wanted to include EVERY technique that he's used in the movies, as well as in Dragon Ball FighterZ.

Sadly, the rest of the characters won't get as much love as Broly did, haha.
Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 03:10:20 am by Mr. Ansatsuken
#152  June 17, 2019, 03:17:24 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Well if you decide to make a Raditz, I'd be hyped lol. Good luck tho
#153  June 17, 2019, 03:27:19 am
    • USA
Would it be DBZ if it wasn’t exaggerated? Truthfully, it’s the perfect fit for you. You don’t I had thought to make a DBZ character at one point, but lack of sprites are a turn off. You all are definitely mvp for making it work. It reminds me of how I’d envision megaman, buster animation can be reused, similar to what I believe you’ve done here.
#154  June 17, 2019, 04:52:15 am

I know that if I put Frieza, Cell or Future Trunks on the poll they're gonna take all the votes, but those are getting made eventually... so there was no need to add them lol.
I will vote for Frieza  :lugoi:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#155  June 17, 2019, 04:56:30 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile

I will vote for Frieza  :lugoi:
I mean if someone does make Frieza, Cell, or Buu, then I guess I MIGHT help them out with those chars.
But I've never really liked them tbh, so I don't think I'll be the one to start working on those characters, haha :mlol: :mlol: :mlol:
#156  June 17, 2019, 05:00:25 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
I'm just waiting for that Broly, man.
#157  June 17, 2019, 07:31:12 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
#158  June 17, 2019, 07:32:12 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I'm waiting Chi-Chi too. All addiction are welcome!
#159  June 17, 2019, 10:22:22 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile

Exactly!
Well well, great news, I just finished coding Chi-Chi's A.I. a couple minutes ago...
Which was the last thing for her to be completed.
This means I'll get back on Broly now, haha.
It should only take me a couple days to finish him tbh, soooo... I'll most likely release him in 5 days from now.
Thank you for your patience, haha.

I'm waiting Chi-Chi too. All addiction are welcome!
Thank you Akito! And yeah, Chi-Chi is coming soon (I guess?)

You see, guys, Ohgaki FINALLY answered (right after I finished Chi-Chi's A.I. lol).
And his only reply was... well... "Unauthorized edit prohibited."
I guess that means he's not OK with this char? I suppose so.
I'm not even sure if he understood my message, but he clearly saw that I used his sprites and stuff from the Chi-Chi that he made (and he didn't approve it lol).

Honestly, you know what? I'll give him the necessary credit and I'll just release her anyway. I've put nearly 100 hours into this char.
I kinda wish none of this had happened tbh, since I see some of you are... uh... annoyed by the fact that I'm using the guy's sprites while he clearly doesn't want them to be used by someone else.

I wish he could speak fluent English so that I could dialogue with him, but it can't be helped I guess.

Still, even though she's now complete, I think I'll just wait 'til this bullshit drama is over and then release her.

Before you give me a long essay on why what I'm doing is rude and morally wrong... well sorry, I don't intend to offend anyone, and I don't care.
If I sound rude it's only because of my flawed English.
So let's forget about the issue and let's move on.
#160  June 17, 2019, 10:37:53 am

You see, guys, Ohgaki FINALLY answered (right after I finished Chi-Chi's A.I. lol).
And his only reply was... well... "Unauthorized edit prohibited."
I guess that means he's not OK with this char? I suppose so.
I'm not even sure if he understood my message, but he clearly saw that I used his sprites and stuff from the Chi-Chi that he made (and he didn't approve it lol).

Honestly, you know what? I'll give him the necessary credit and I'll just release her anyway. I've put nearly 100 hours into this char.
I kinda wish none of this had happened tbh, since I see some of you are... uh... annoyed by the fact that I'm using the guy's sprites while he clearly doesn't want them to be used by someone else.

I wish he could speak fluent English so that I could dialogue with him, but it can't be helped I guess.

Still, even though she's now complete, I think I'll just wait 'til this bullshit drama is over and then release her.

Before you give me a long essay on why what I'm doing is rude and morally wrong... well sorry, I don't intend to offend anyone, and I don't care.
If I sound rude it's only because of my flawed English.
So let's forget about the issue and let's move on.
I believe Ohgaki tweet something regarding about your email: https://twitter.com/ohgaki_m/status/1140535509581627392

For me, I believe that he is on his look out for your chichi, if you released her, I am not sure what will happen  :-X I kinda like his Last Blade and some kof edited characters like his Seiryu Kaede. If I were you, I will make chichi as private for my own use and not releasing her, that is my opinion. I will continue with my next new project. I never really want to ask non english oversea creator for permission on their creations. The most likely answer I will get is either No, get ignored or get blocked (I was blocked by Ukege who created several Robo characters for Mugen: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ukege-collection-184895.0.html in twitter when I was telling him about a glitch in his character.) Sadly that it is difficult to communicate with non English Mugen creators  :(

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!