Mikoto Misaka v1.04 (Read 50997 times)

Started by OHMSBY, June 09, 2019, 11:27:24 pm
Share this topic:
Mikoto Misaka v1.04
#1  June 09, 2019, 11:27:24 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Hello Everyone,

Misaka is here. She is based on a hypothetical Cross Tag moveset that is mostly based on her moveset in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, although there are a couple of things, like her astral heat, that take inspiration from her moveset in the Index PSP game.

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Get Misaka here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YABUcop87_NReGb4G-hzcyNwiyesquUH/view?usp=sharing

No poll this time since Kuroko is the only one left on the list, so she is next to be released.

Have fun.
Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 09:55:52 pm by OHMSBY
Re: Mikoto Misaka
#2  June 10, 2019, 12:44:11 am
She gets back meter from the Zapper EX move during Magnetic Move.
Also I somehow made the piece of rock she hangs on during Magnetic move kinda stick to her for the duration of Frontal Attack which is supposed to get rid of it.
Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 12:49:52 am by Memes never die/Manby
Re: Mikoto Misaka
#3  June 10, 2019, 12:48:11 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
https://streamable.com/5eqop

Congrats, the duo will be here once Kuroko gets released eventually. Misaka's been my favorite to play so far alongside Mika, so, I await for Kuroko's eventual arrival.
Re: Mikoto Misaka v1.01
#4  June 10, 2019, 01:06:01 am
    • USA
She gets back meter from the Zapper EX move during Magnetic Move.
Also I somehow made the piece of rock she hangs on during Magnetic move kinda stick to her for the duration of Frontal Attack which is supposed to get rid of it.

I've noticed that she also regains meter after girder strike as well, whoops. Anyway, thanks Manby, both of these issues have been fixed. Go ahead and redownload her.

- Fixed an error where Misaka regains meter after using Zapper or Girder Strike
- Fixed an error where the magnetized slab of concrete would sometimes remain bound to Misaka during frontal attack

https://streamable.com/5eqop

Congrats, the duo will be here once Kuroko gets released eventually. Misaka's been my favorite to play so far alongside Mika, so, I await for Kuroko's eventual arrival.

Nicely done.

And yeah, I've been having a lot of fun working on Kuroko. She's already pretty far in development, so I don't think it will be too long before she gets released.
#5  June 10, 2019, 03:12:09 am
    • USA
Better try this out as soon as I can. It might be better than the other ones out there (to me at least).
#6  June 10, 2019, 02:03:16 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
No poll this time since Kuroko is the only one left on the list, so she is next to be released.

I can't wait to see the new poll... if there will be a new poll.
#7  June 10, 2019, 07:09:52 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
Thanks a lot for this new jewel!

Spoiler: the very well hidden one million $ question (click to see content)
#8  June 10, 2019, 07:55:13 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
Found another error while playing around with Misaka that I missed, albeit pretty minor compared to what I found while beta testing her. It appears there is a truncated value in one of the 1200 series state numbers in there somewhere.
Re: Mikoto Misaka v1.015
#9  June 10, 2019, 08:37:45 pm
    • USA
Found another error while playing around with Misaka that I missed, albeit pretty minor compared to what I found while beta testing her. It appears there is a truncated value in one of the 1200 series state numbers in there somewhere.

Found it. It was whenever Misaka brought down a lightening bolt at close range, so it was caused by both Zapper and jC. Anyway, its been fixed now, as well as another issue I found, go ahead and redownload her.

- Fixed the truncation during jC and Zapper
- Fixed an error Misaka would gradually gain meter while staying still during Magnetic Move

I can't wait to see the new poll... if there will be a new poll.

No poll for knowing if community wants another poll after Kuroko?  :gossip:

There will be another poll, don't you guys worry. In fact, I've already given myself a head start on few of the next poll characters.

#10  June 11, 2019, 12:26:27 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Great work on Misaka. Don't see any major issues aesthetics wise, but I do think you could add a shock wave effect on the stomp of Only My Railgun if it misses since Terumi had one during Cleaving Fang and Wagner with her Filthy Dog! specials respectively. It's very minor, so you can update it when a major one happens later on.

Look forward to Kuroko and the upcoming poll with the new set of characters you plan to work on.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:34:00 pm by SolidZone 26
#11  June 12, 2019, 11:41:53 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
YES finally a better misaka than ky's

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#12  June 14, 2019, 04:00:32 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i have some feedback about misaka's ai:

her ai likes to kinda spam magnetic drive which is an air special move i think a few times and her ai loves to spam a special throw if the opponent gets close to her

also her ai can sometimes rapidly spam that air special move after knocking the opponent out
#13  June 17, 2019, 03:08:45 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Great work on Misaka bro. :)
#14  June 17, 2019, 04:50:03 am
Funny!
I'm watching this anime for some reason....
this made me interested in this character.

I hope you could make her boyfriend since his skill is cancel all special powers.
in Mugen will be interesting to see how could coder to put such abnormal ability into a fighting character.
#15  June 17, 2019, 08:06:35 am
Test her a bit

I suggest to change the start frame of 5030 to the 5000,0 or 5000,10

it looks wired for current setup looks weird when she get hit in air.
Re: Mikoto Misaka v1.016
#16  June 18, 2019, 04:45:09 am
    • USA
Misaka has just gotten an update, mostly aesthetic fixes. Go ahead and redownload her.

- The initial hits of 2C, both regular and charged, will now put aerial opponents in a fall state
- Fixed an error where the stomp effect for 2C would follow Misaka after getting hit
- Fixed an error where the slab of concrete sometimes wouldn't show up right away during Girder Strike
- Added the stomp effect to the Astral Heat
- Changed the initial sprite for anim 5030

Great work on Misaka bro. :)

Thanks Gui.

I hope you could make her boyfriend since his skill is cancel all special powers.
in Mugen will be interesting to see how could coder to put such abnormal ability into a fighting character.

I would like to work on Touma and Accelerator as well, however they were only made to be strikers in DBFC, so unfortunately, there are just not enough sprites to work with in order to make actual characters out of them.

Hopefully, they will receive the same treatment as Kuroneko, Izaya, and Kojou in Crossing Void so they can get more sprites.
#17  June 18, 2019, 07:06:59 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA

I would like to work on Touma and Accelerator as well, however they were only made to be strikers in DBFC, so unfortunately, there are just not enough sprites to work with in order to make actual characters out of them.

Hopefully, they will receive the same treatment as Kuroneko, Izaya, and Kojou in Crossing Void so they can get more sprites.

Hopefully, though at the same time I’m unsure if that would be enough, since they’d probably be missing a ton of important sprites due to them getting the crosing void treatment. Probably at most you’d have to rely on the sprites of Otika’s Touma and Accelerator (which are really just heavily edited Melty Blood sprites but still)  if you wanted to try and make them.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 07:27:25 am by Solid Snivy
#18  June 20, 2019, 09:10:04 pm
    • Zimbabwe
For the next poll please let their be Persona characters! and Hyde
#19  June 20, 2019, 09:18:23 pm
    • Argentina
Oh! great job bro!
For the next poll, you could include to Saber of Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel? :P
#20  June 22, 2019, 11:04:23 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 I would love a OHMSBY styled Ruili, but that's asides from the point.

Something's been bothering me a bit more recently, but I do wish the charge-up attacks were a little more lenient in their commands. I know that you need to hold down to  do them, but I sometimes will get the charged up versions of certain normals even if simply tapping the buttons only once, which makes me botch up my execution. Maybe it's because I use a keyboard to play, but still.