YesNoOk

Sneaky var() in Songoku (Read 6035 times)

Started by Disconcorde, June 20, 2019, 07:42:24 pm
Share this topic:
Sneaky var() in Songoku
#1  June 20, 2019, 07:42:24 pm
    • UK
I'm trying to edit Songoku_US version 2.

He has a palette for all types of Super Saiyan and Ultra Instinct, but not for Mastered Ultra Instinct.
I found out that this is controlled by var(52) in Songoku's CMD file. var(52) only goes up to 7 -  Ultra Instinct. If I make it go higher, goku will just be base form again, leaving me very confused. "What makes him go Mastered UI then?"

I tried to look around and see if this was a solved issue before; it's not. I can't find another article/post on it.

Since var(52) controls everything from super saiyan 1 to UI, I imagine that another var controls the setting for Mastered UI too, but I've had no luck finding what it is.

My question is -  What controls the setting for MUI? If I can find it, I should be able to fix the problem, the only issue is that I have absolutely no clues as to what it is...
Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 08:16:44 pm by Disconcorde
Re: Sneaky var() in Songoku
#2  June 20, 2019, 08:03:42 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
The variable will probably be defined in state 5900. Paste the full state here to see how it is managed. Not everybody has that character so we can't check it from our side.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#3  June 20, 2019, 08:09:08 pm
    • UK
Uhhh... state 5900 doesn't exist.

I've checked every file.
#4  June 20, 2019, 08:27:12 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
Some authors do the old fashion way of varset/varadd via this...

v = 52
value = *insert value here*

instead of this as we usually come to expect...

var(52) = *insert value here*

It's probably worth the check and that may be why you're not able to find it in the files.
#5  June 20, 2019, 08:42:01 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Uhhh... state 5900 doesn't exist.

I've checked every file.

.txt is also a valid file for character coding, so see if there's a txt file with State 5900.

Otherwise like Nep said, you should try searching for a few different things depending on how the author formatted the code.  Some authors do not use any spaces so if that's the case try searching for "v=52"

#6  June 21, 2019, 03:40:25 pm
    • UK
Okay, I'll give that a try.
#7  July 01, 2019, 07:06:41 am
    • UK
Nope.

Neither v=52 or v = 52 come up with anything.
#8  July 01, 2019, 07:10:26 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
Only alternative I can think of is the var is set in a null state controller or, even more unorthodox, any other state controller using the := exploit.
#9  July 02, 2019, 04:04:40 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
That's not exactly an exploit heh

but that's correct, that you should also try searching for:
var(52) :=

#10  July 30, 2019, 05:45:04 am
    • UK
I'm not sure that it would matter to begin with.

var(52) only goes up to 7 which is UI. Which means there's no way that MUI is set by anything related to var(52), it's something else.

I'm just not sure what.
#11  July 30, 2019, 05:45:47 am
    • UK
The problem with that then is that I did see the char go MUI, and there are videos of it too, so something must be enabling it.
#12  July 30, 2019, 07:01:15 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Use the Edit button for when you want to post 2x in a row.

What you need to do is look at what state your char is in when MUI happens. Then read that state, and find out what switches to that state.
Ctrl+D will bring up debug.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#13  August 01, 2019, 12:17:50 am
    • UK
I have ctrl + d up by default, Goku goes through so many states that I can't tell which is which and what does what.

That and the AI goes into MUI so rarely that its only happened twice and I've used the character hundreds of times.
#14  August 13, 2019, 12:29:17 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Any luck? You can use the Pause button and screen shot that. It might be tough to time it if it happens randomly.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#15  August 15, 2019, 11:38:30 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
If the ai can do it. Is it custom ai? Is it commented?. Perhaps the solution you need is in the cmd. Alternatively you can do the longer method. I assume there is a transformation anim? Find that. Then find the state with that in. Just follow backwards from something that exists.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#16  August 20, 2019, 12:19:48 am
    • UK
Yeah, I think the AI is custom. It's definitely quite good so I'm proud of the author.
#17  August 20, 2019, 11:53:05 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
In that case. Is the ai commented? Find the ui transformation and follow it round. If nothing else you can use the animation and search for whichever state uses that.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#18  August 20, 2019, 12:47:12 pm
Mastered Ultra Instinct is just a supermove, it's not a mode nor a permanent transformation.

You need to lose a match, go Ultra Instinct, then wait for the blue bar to fill up, win a round and press Start. It's a counter attack.

How to transform:
Down, Down, Z.

Spoiler: commands (click to see content)
You'll have to go through all the forms, from normal to SSJBlue Kaioken. When in SSJBlue Kaioken, wait until his blue bar gets empty. You should see Goku tired, that's when you do D,DF,F, z.

It's a counter that makes him go Ultra Instinct.

When in Ultra Instinct you have to win a round, then make sure the blue bar fills up and press Start, it'll be a counter that makes him do the Mastered Ultra Instinct supermove.

For everyone who doesn't have the character, he's talking about this: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/son-goku-dragon-ball-super-280gou-20180522-183761.0.html

--------

Edit: since the character got updated I don't know if what I said holds true.
Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 12:21:13 am by AlexSin
#19  September 04, 2019, 08:16:28 pm
    • UK
Oh damn, so it's only temporary then, nevermind.