YesNoOk

New Samurai Spirits announced (Read 209255 times)

Started by Roman55, September 10, 2018, 12:58:40 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Samurai Spirits announced
#241  June 14, 2019, 11:22:05 pm
    • Germany
This game takes place directly after SSV and SSIII takes place years later. So it makes sense for Rimururu to still be using her SSV design and be this young.

The Timeline from this games is to confusing for me. xD
#242  June 16, 2019, 03:26:36 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190

Wu-Ruixiang & Ukyo gameplay

Hanzo & Dagger gameplay
Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 03:44:53 pm by videoman
#243  June 18, 2019, 02:56:41 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA

Jubei Yagyu Trailer
#244  June 19, 2019, 04:38:14 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA

Hanzo Hattori Trailer
#245  June 20, 2019, 03:15:02 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA

Earthquake Trailer
Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 03:42:24 am by videoman
#246  June 20, 2019, 03:18:52 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
Read online that someone was also able to get an in-game screenshot of a character in this game named "Shizuka."

A handful remarked that this Shizuka could be this game's boss.
#247  June 20, 2019, 04:43:13 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Kyo's mom is not THAT old.
#248  June 20, 2019, 04:56:58 pm
Wiki says it's a name that was given to Shizumaru (before Shizumaru).
I'm a little bit annoyed that there's zero info on the DLC. They're showing the trailers for each character one by one which is a fair strategy to drum up the hype, but it's really not working so well for some reason ? I don't see a lot of movement around the game. They could try talking about the DLC to correct course.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#249  June 20, 2019, 06:11:06 pm
    • Brazil

Kyo's mom is not THAT old.
Could be an ancestor. A character called Kim Hae-Ryong, from Samurai Shodown Sen seems to have part of his moveset inspired by Kim Kaphwan, which, along with the name, could imply ancestry. I wouldn't be surprised if other characters from SamSho appeared as ancestors of KoF characters.
#250  June 20, 2019, 06:27:35 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Yah, genan is mai's ancestor. tho, when I google shizuka I also got as result amakusa's stge.
#251  June 20, 2019, 06:35:26 pm
    • Brazil

Yah, genan is mai's ancestor. tho, when I google shizuka I also got as result amakusa's stge.
Actually, the Wiki says the exact opposite:
Genan Shiranui's SNK Wikia page said:
Genan Shiranui (不知火 幻庵, Shiranui Gen'an) is a character from the Samurai Shodown series, introduced in Samurai Shodown. Like Earthquake, he is a character that was dropped after Samurai Shodown II and only makes cameos in other characters' endings in other games. Both of his endings feature characters from other SNK games (Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting). Although they share the same family name, he is in no way related to Mai Shiranui.
#252  June 20, 2019, 09:12:44 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
first time I hear that.
#253  June 20, 2019, 09:36:32 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i believe gen-an was actually murdered by someone who closely resembled mai. maybe an ancestor
#254  June 20, 2019, 09:44:49 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I always got the idea that was another member of the clan cleaning house because Genan was basically just killing

And that she was definitely Mai's ancestor
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#255  June 20, 2019, 10:25:18 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The only ways they can't be related is that either mai married into shiranui, which is not the case , or that genan married into shiranui and somehow became the leader. And of course, that they are two completely unrelated shiranui clans.
#256  June 20, 2019, 10:51:32 pm
Clans in Japan just adopt left and right whenever they need fresh blood, people with the same name may very well have zero blood connection. That may partly explain why there's a much lesser taboo about incest, because it wasn't necessarily actual incest. And then there's also the possibility that Gen'an has a brother. Or even an uncle. It just depends by what you mean when you say they're not related, they may be a different branch of the same clan.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#257  June 21, 2019, 02:14:55 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA

Kyoshiro Senryo trailer.
#258  June 21, 2019, 07:04:28 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
#259  June 21, 2019, 04:18:31 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Clans in Japan just adopt left and right whenever they need fresh blood, people with the same name may very well have zero blood connection. That may partly explain why there's a much lesser taboo about incest, because it wasn't necessarily actual incest. And then there's also the possibility that Gen'an has a brother. Or even an uncle. It just depends by what you mean when you say they're not related, they may be a different branch of the same clan.

Yes, by related I mean long distance cousins, not grandchild and granddaughter. the other options are the way in which either mai has no shiranui blood (I forgot about adoption, yeah, that one is on the table too) or genan has no shiranui blood. I don't know where the not-related bit came from, since the wikia has no sources on that.
#260  June 21, 2019, 05:28:22 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Gen-An's backstory states his clan has two warring factions, one with half-demon blood (of which Gen-An is a part of) and one without. The Mai lookalike at the end of the first game is part of the latter and kills Gen-An to rid their clan of their demonic blood. On his ending in the second game he gives up on his demonic blood and has a normal looking son.

Really, it's not that hard to see how they're related.