YesNoOk

One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows (Read 47996 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, June 25, 2019, 08:55:08 pm
Share this topic:
One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows
#1  June 25, 2019, 08:55:08 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII

Nice, but... How will this work without them nerfing Saitama?
Re: One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows
#2  June 25, 2019, 09:28:39 pm
    • Brazil
Well, if Dragon Ball games nerfed their Gods of Destruction and Angels to make them playable, Saitama can suffer the same in his game.
#3  June 25, 2019, 09:38:50 pm
  • Wataaaaahhhhh
    • France
Can't wait to play with Pri Pri Prisoner... Angel Rush !!!!
http://mugenguild.com/forum/iron-muscle-bomber.400
Rahhhhhhh, AI is so hard to deal with !!!!
#4  June 25, 2019, 09:47:27 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Or they can just not care about balance in favor of fan-service fun.  Like the Dragon Ball Budokais from years past with broken characters like Omega Shenron to more current anime brawlers like Jump Force not letting Sanji hurt female characters at all.  I would not complain if Saitama was broken in his own silly game, just make it fun to play.  Or if that's too unbalanced then just give him super armor and when he loses just have he say he's bored and leaving.  I think Dragon Ball Fighterz does something to that degree with Beerus?  Or was it Xenoverse?

I like that Saitama with his plain face just looks like an unfinished model, with the actual "face" part of the head looking detached like a PSOne 3D model like Spyro.
#5  June 26, 2019, 12:06:44 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
On the one hand, whoop-dee-fucking-doo yet another anime arena fighter from Bandai-Namco. 

On the other hand, I am incredibly curious as to how they could possibly make Saitama work in a fighting game without just breaking it.

On the other other hand, Mumen Rider.
#6  June 26, 2019, 12:11:46 am
    • Brazil
Or they can just not care about balance in favor of fan-service fun.  Like the Dragon Ball Budokais from years past with broken characters like Omega Shenron to more current anime brawlers like Jump Force not letting Sanji hurt female characters at all.  I would not complain if Saitama was broken in his own silly game, just make it fun to play.  Or if that's too unbalanced then just give him super armor and when he loses just have he say he's bored and leaving.  I think Dragon Ball Fighterz does something to that degree with Beerus?  Or was it Xenoverse?

I like that Saitama with his plain face just looks like an unfinished model, with the actual "face" part of the head looking detached like a PSOne 3D model like Spyro.
Yeah, lets sacrifice actual fun in favor of a stupid anime reference. It was an idiocy with Sanji in Jump Force and its an idiocy if made in this one as well.
#7  June 26, 2019, 12:21:06 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
....The anime reference was the fun part, it was for a laugh.  It's not like the game was going to go on and be used for tourneys.  It's a 3D anime brawler, they're not designed for that.

Wasn't Mumen Rider a complete joke?  I only watched the first season, never cared to look into reading the manga or watch the second season.  But the guy had no powers or skills, right, he was just a Kamen Rider wanna-be on a bike?  Or did they make something out of him after fighting in the rain?
#8  June 26, 2019, 12:38:12 am
    • USA
Mumen Rider rules.  In a superhero society obsessed with ranking and popularity and money, he's the only one who actually seems to care about protecting people.  He's like the antithesis to Saitama; incredible drive and motivation but no actual power.
#9  June 26, 2019, 09:34:50 am
  • Wataaaaahhhhh
    • France
Mument Rider isn't the only one who care about people. Metal Bat event with bad attitude care a lot, Pri Pri Prisoner too (but more about the handsome men   XD), Bang too, and King too (he tried to save all the heroes agains Black Sperm and the others). Many cool characters in OPM.  :D
http://mugenguild.com/forum/iron-muscle-bomber.400
Rahhhhhhh, AI is so hard to deal with !!!!
#10  June 26, 2019, 05:28:23 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Wondering about the roster, I guess the hero side will be mostly dominated by the S-class heroes, since they get much more screentime and character development than the other classes. Mumen Rider and Fubuki will likely be the only C and B-class to be included. A-class will probably be just Amai Mask and maybe Iaian and/or Death Gatling.

Sonic and Lord Boros are already confirmed, and it's obvious Deep Sea King and Garou will also be included.

Or if that's too unbalanced then just give him super armor and when he loses just have he say he's bored and leaving.

Pretty sure this is the route they'll take, like have him remember about a sale and forgetting about his opponent, who then wins by proxy.

Wasn't Mumen Rider a complete joke?  I only watched the first season, never cared to look into reading the manga or watch the second season.  But the guy had no powers or skills, right, he was just a Kamen Rider wanna-be on a bike?  Or did they make something out of him after fighting in the rain?

He is, for all intents and purposes, just a regular guy with a bicycle. He has zero fighting skills and his every single appearance ends with him being sent to the hospital. Yet he is the number one C-class hero and outwardly refuses to be promoted into the B-class.

Can't wait to play with Pri Pri Prisoner... Angel Rush !!!!

They'll definitely censor him if he is included. But I doubt it will happen, since his mere presence will raise this game's age rating.

DW

#11  June 26, 2019, 05:50:52 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I thought the Mumen Rider guy had some martial arts skill. He's just a normal guy though, so it's kinda moot when compared to the stronger heroes. Kinda comparative to Hercule in DBZ. He CAN actually fight, but since he has no abilities like the Z fighters and so on, it makes him look weak compared to them. I don't think Saitama will need to be "nerfed". You're thinking too literal in terms of a fighting game. If it were taken exactly like the source material, adapted into a FG, well...only Superman would get picked in Injustice. :P

He'll play within the confines of the game.
Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 07:20:55 pm by DW
#12  June 26, 2019, 06:30:07 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#13  June 26, 2019, 08:08:04 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I mean, if you pay attention to the trailer, you can kinda already see what they're doing with Saitama. It looks like his hurt animations will just be him tanking the hits without a care in the world. Wouldn't be surprised if his health bar is actually an "How many fucks I give" bar.
#14  June 26, 2019, 09:09:42 pm
    • Brazil
If they don't completely fuck it up and actually make him invincible, I suspect he will have super armor and high damage attacks instead of combos and move slowly to compensate.
#15  June 26, 2019, 10:24:00 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
they can amke his attack the same as his defense; he won't be using any serious punches at all, so they can keep the combos.
#16  July 02, 2019, 11:28:18 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I am not sure what the hype about that bike guy is. Seems to be the "joke" character of the bunch, in a show that mainly stems from a joke?

Going to be very interested in watching this only if they get English dubbing as an option. People say this and Jump Force look really ugly, but I'm in love with the particle effects these Namco Anime Fighters have. It's a shame One Punch Man has to fall in line for one of these "dead in a week" games, this most likely will fall in place given the nature of OPM itself...

What do you mean nobody knows him Namco?
#17  July 09, 2019, 12:07:04 am
    • USA
Vaccine Man, Mosquito Girl, Carnage Kabuto, and Deep Sea King confirmed.

Seems like they're playing fast and loose with the relative character sizes.
#18  July 11, 2019, 06:45:24 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Deepsea King was a given. Mosquito Girl and Asura Kabuto are understandable. Vaccine Man, however, is a really odd choice, considering he has about five minutes of screentime.
#19  July 11, 2019, 07:26:11 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
You gotta dig in all aspects of the show and manga.
#20  August 20, 2019, 03:15:53 pm
    • Argentina
New gameplay
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty