YesNoOk

Angela CVS/POTS (Eliza's Edit) (Read 11697 times)

Started by Akito, July 02, 2019, 12:14:20 pm
Share this topic:
Angela CVS/POTS (Eliza's Edit)
#1  July 02, 2019, 12:14:20 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil

Hello guys, here, my edit of Eliza's Divinewolf, Angela.

More images:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

This is not a big edit, because I've changed just a few things, though, the char now has chain combos, which makes it more likely to make more hits.

I used Eliza because although I like the work that was done on her, I unfortunately can not see her originally as Eliza, Ken's wife. This is due to a number of factors, but overall, I see her more as an original character (as many say, "OC"), so I ended up turning her into an OC for the story I'm developing for a possible future project.

In addition to the slight modifications, I gave her an Intro and an Ending with the help of OldGamer coding (thanks!), In order to make everyone understand more about her story. The Readme has all the details of the modifications, but I will leave a summary here:

- Added a new default palette;
- Changed Attack for 1000;
- Changed the Lv3 Portrait;
- Removed sound of Eliza Kick;
- Added Chain Combos);
- Changed Big Portrait;
- Removed all stuff with Ken;
- Added Intro with Akito;
- Increased the velocity of Walk and Run;
- Changed win quotes;
- Added a Intro and Ending.

Little preview:

I hope everyone likes it, and within the char has two old stages made by AVPBOY (thanks!), Which now belong to Angela (he gave me permission to do so, because I thought they matched the character), which probably in the future will receive updates to make them even more original)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/n6js5w7k53op5my/Angela_CVS.rar/file

Have fun!
OSU!
Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 12:38:17 pm by Akito
Re: Angela CVS/POTS (Eliza's Edit)
#2  July 02, 2019, 12:52:58 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Just wondering, but any chance using an older version of Eliza? I tested her only for a minute and she doesn't have the 2018-2019 fixes done by DW.

I know it's just a small edit for right now, but it would be nice to differentiate her from Eliza if you switched the Max Mode to Custom Combo and maybe modify the hitsparks a little bit so it's similar to Akito's. Just throwing some suggestions.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#3  July 02, 2019, 01:09:07 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil

Just wondering, but any chance using an older version of Eliza? I tested her only for a minute and she doesn't have the 2018-2019 fixes done by DW.

I know it's just a small edit for right now, but it would be nice to differentiate her from Eliza if you switched the Max Mode to Custom Combo and maybe modify the hitsparks a little bit so it's similar to Akito's. Just throwing some suggestions.

Good suggestions, I'll add more things for her in future and use the updated version of Eliza in this.
#4  July 02, 2019, 01:55:24 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

Just tested. I don't know how DW's Eliza plays so I don't know how much you edited, but she feels like a totally different char, which is good. I like how her moves are similar to Geese's since she is her disciple. I just tested her for about 20 minutes but I think the gameplay itself is very good. Now for some things I think you could improve:
- The two shoryuken moves feels off compared to the other moves, idk if there's a reason for it to be there, but anyway...
- While she has some variations of the moves, for example, the Reppuken and Shippuken not going all the way (this is good, reminds me of how Sakura can't properly use Ryu's moves), some other moves feels just copy/pasted from other chars, like Genocide Cutter and Jaeiken, they could have a different behaviour too.
- SolidZone pointed that you edited an outdated version of the char, so some things needs to be changed, like the cost for Ex Moves in Max Mode (it is 1/3 of the bar instead of 1/2 now), etc.
Other than that, I really liked the idea of the char, very cool. Congrats on your release and keep it up!
#5  July 02, 2019, 02:57:31 pm
It's interesting to see a outdated mugen char into a edit char of yours. Pretty nice.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#6  July 02, 2019, 03:56:03 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Just tested. I don't know how DW's Eliza plays so I don't know how much you edited, but she feels like a totally different char, which is good. I like how her moves are similar to Geese's since she is her disciple. I just tested her for about 20 minutes but I think the gameplay itself is very good. Now for some things I think you could improve:
- The two shoryuken moves feels off compared to the other moves, idk if there's a reason for it to be there, but anyway...
- While she has some variations of the moves, for example, the Reppuken and Shippuken not going all the way (this is good, reminds me of how Sakura can't properly use Ryu's moves), some other moves feels just copy/pasted from other chars, like Genocide Cutter and Jaeiken, they could have a different behaviour too.
- SolidZone pointed that you edited an outdated version of the char, so some things needs to be changed, like the cost for Ex Moves in Max Mode (it is 1/3 of the bar instead of 1/2 now), etc.
Other than that, I really liked the idea of the char, very cool. Congrats on your release and keep it up!
Eliza play like that already. She has Geese's moves. All he did was add chain combos, and change some values.
#7  July 02, 2019, 04:05:50 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

That makes me a bit disappointed. Really thought it was all Akito's ideas. :(
Also this makes more sense that she has shoryuken moves.
#8  July 03, 2019, 08:15:46 am
    • USA
Yeah, I find the idea that Ken's wife would borrow moves from KoF villains of all things to be kinda odd.
I'm back, baby!
#9  July 04, 2019, 01:57:35 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
That body suits Angela better. I didn't even touch DW's Eliza (I'm sorry DW).
#10  July 04, 2019, 03:15:19 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
what do you mean by the body suits angela better? this is literally eliza with a recolor and some changed values. its the same character. i dont get it
#11  July 04, 2019, 03:03:19 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil

Explaining "Angela":

Note: This is JUST a personal opinion.

Capcom never created a version of Eliza that knew how to fight, and if she did, she would probably get a better idea, with her learning to do it with Ken, with movements based on karate ansatsuken, since he trains for many years and is a husband her.

An official image that could generate this idea:

(Street FIhter Alpha cutscene)

In my opinion, within Mugen this idea was not well executed, because she is a totally different personality from what has been presented in the games until today, being an arrogant woman, and that has been fighting for many years (this was what it seemed , for me). And this is not the case with Eliza. She is a delicate, high-society woman, and for a housewife who has learned to fight only by watching the movements on television, I do not think she could do it as perfectly as she does inside Mugen.

To realize this, just look at some of their winquotes:

- "Where did I learn that move? Well ... I just watched others do it!"

- "I'm just a housewife."

For me, the most sensible thing is to consider the whole history of the character along with Ken, and what has been shown until today.

If anyone has any questions, just look at her wikia that collects all this information, giving more details, and in none of the official information does she know how to do Rugal or Geese:

https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wiki/Eliza_Masters

In general (text of this wikia): "According to supplementary materials, Eliza is also a working mother. She commonly works as a spokeswoman and active member for various organizations, including a quilting and patchwork artists association and several environmental awareness groups, among others.

That's is my opinion.

And others images, taken from games and anime:

I've only used points that are based on official materials, so, considering all this, I can not see Elisa's version inside Mugen as coherent to be Eliza, Ken's wife. That's why I created Angela's Edit, just to have fun, adding an Intro and an Ending to address her idea of ​​being a different character (and that she has some moves based on karate ansastsuken because she trained with Richard Tyler, another character created that appears in Intro, Ending and Hyper Level 3, helping Angela).

But all the credits for the great work will always go to Divinewolf (coding) and SilentRipper (sprites). I said that this was only a small EDIT, just for the sake of personal opinion (but I believe that many here also share the same opinion). And also, of course, for fun.

If I'm not mistaken, SilentRipper himself made a post here, putting a poll on what people would rather do, and apparently the most voted option was for SilentRipper to remake Eliza, actually adding moves in it that are more resembled Ken. He even started doing it, but over time he did not come around here and that idea was forgotten. Some time later, Divinewolf was interested in making a version of Eliza, and used the first idea of the SilentRipper.

EDIT: I founded, It's here. and I'm right too, the vote won with 80% of people wanting SilentRipper to follow the idea of what I also think would be more consistent.  :P

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/eliza-masters-wip-beta-released-132346.msg1394951.html#msg1394951

Does anyone know what happened to SilentRipper?

That body suits Angela better. I didn't even touch DW's Eliza (I'm sorry DW).

You understanded my idea, that's it.

Yeah, I find the idea that Ken's wife would borrow moves from KoF villains of all things to be kinda odd.

Me too.

In future I make this Edit in updated version of Eliza.

Have a good day,
OSU!
Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 03:48:44 pm by Akito
#12  July 12, 2019, 02:33:16 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

So here's Geese new disciple. Good edit bro. :)
#13  July 12, 2019, 06:17:23 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil

Wow, the video is good man, thank you! =)
#14  July 15, 2019, 06:05:47 pm
what do you mean by the body suits angela better? this is literally eliza with a recolor and some changed values. its the same character. i dont get it

lol i agree! its still eliza lol
#15  February 11, 2022, 08:03:27 pm
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
Boy, am I late to the party! I love what you have done with Angela, the only thing I could have objection with is her palette if that's the default one.

I think I have said this before, but Eliza is open source and anyone can do anything they want with my work, is an honor to see people building upon stuff I spent time with so many years ago. If anything things like this makes me wanna find time and do another version of Eliza.

Keep it up!
#16  February 11, 2022, 08:42:48 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil

Your opinion was all I needed to continue with this edit, thank you so much, I'm a big fan of your work!
#17  February 12, 2022, 03:14:05 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Your opinion was all I needed to continue with this edit, thank you so much, I'm a big fan of your work!
Since you're planning to continue, I made this:

I didn't like how the small portrait looked since it was still Eliza's and I learned how to make them. Was planning to use this for an OHMSBY styled edit, but I have other plans so feel free to use it for yours.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#18  February 12, 2022, 09:57:04 am
she need a new level 3. probably geese related.
#19  February 12, 2022, 12:18:35 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Actually, a totally different character would be good.
Slightly editing haircut + color swap + different moves and different voices would be great.

Some edit that would make Eliza VS Angela match totally acceptable ingame. (like Ryu VS Sean... = engough differences of gameplay...)

Because for the moment. there is no reason for me to add her in a roster.
Eliza is already complete. (even if, yes, we have no proof Elisa can even land a punch ^^)

I'm pretty hyped by the idea she could become something really different!
#20  February 12, 2022, 02:33:29 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil

Thanks guys I'll work hard in this!