Share this topic:
Dormammu
#1  July 20, 2019, 05:33:55 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Re: Dormammu
#2  July 20, 2019, 05:52:10 pm
he is my favorite mvc3 series and mvci character, I am curious to see how he is played in your style, downloading now  :bjugoi:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#3  July 20, 2019, 06:02:06 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Here I go.
1. 9000,0 appears twice in the sff file.
2. His Purification command in the files is F,D,DF, "P" instead of "K".
3. His HK has a Kick Sound even though it's essentially a projectile.
4. His Liberation Desrtution Lv.3 could have smoother FX, maybe.
5. His Dark Dimension finish could be a bit better.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#4  July 20, 2019, 06:02:26 pm
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Thanks man for doing this. This version of him was much needed in my opinion. Now testing.
#5  July 20, 2019, 06:58:08 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
1. 9000,0 appears twice in the sff file.
ok
2. His Purification command in the files is F,D,DF, "P" instead of "K".
ok
3. His HK has a Kick Sound even though it's essentially a projectile.
fixed
4. His Liberation Desrtution Lv.3 could have smoother FX, maybe.
maybe, offer one...
5. His Dark Dimension finish could be a bit better.
tweaked
#6  July 20, 2019, 07:50:28 pm
    • UK
Is it intentional that his Light Attacks can't be comboed from one another?
I forgot to mention that his Dark Matter is very spammable due to its range and wall-bounce.
Finally there is no sound now when the HK hits.
Also the problem with the LVL3 Liberation Desrtution is the way the flame animates.
I changed it if you don't mind:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 07:56:10 pm by RagingRowen
#7  July 20, 2019, 09:15:37 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Is it intentional that his Light Attacks can't be comboed from one another?
lights can only cancel into to lights combo modes off now, this will be for everyone future and updates.
I forgot to mention that his Dark Matter is very spammable due to its range and wall-bounce.
tweaked
Finally there is no sound now when the HK hits.
fixed
Also the problem with the LVL3 Liberation Desrtution is the way the flame animates.
I changed it if you don't mind:
added, the animation was missing frames.
#8  July 20, 2019, 10:05:42 pm
When flying he can't move in these directions you should add these commands to flight direction same with dr.doom.

holdupfwd

holdupback

holddownback

holddownfwd
#9  July 21, 2019, 01:10:24 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
When flying he can't move in these directions you should add these commands to flight direction same with dr.doom.

holdupfwd

holdupback

holddownback

holddownfwd
Added
#10  July 21, 2019, 01:19:41 am
    • UK
Normally, you'd do D,DB,B,HP in midair to teleport back to the ground to perform the Liberation. Could you make so you can do it with any Punch button if fully charged like you would on the ground?
WIP Schedule:
#11  July 21, 2019, 01:23:27 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Nice one bro! He came out good!
#12  July 21, 2019, 01:57:56 am
When in flight mode he goes holddownfwd while pressing holddownback.
#13  July 21, 2019, 02:01:59 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Here's my feedback:
-Liberation Destruction Lv.1 uses a normal guard spark instead of a special one.
-Liberation Destruction Lv.2 has no special guard spark.
-Liberation Destruction Lv.3 has no hitspark or guard spark (Can't tell either if the effect is blocking it or not present when it makes contact).
-Liberation Creation Lv.1 hits 3 times when there's only 1 hit.
-Liberation Creation Lv.2 hits 9 times when there's only 3 hits.
-Liberation Creation Lv.3 has no envshake when blocked and the vines don't disappear by frames.
-Liberation Destruction + Creation Lv.3 doesn't have a special guard spark on the Inferno part.
-The Dark Spell orbs keep flickering during his stance (Not sure if it's intentional or a 1.0 issue).
-The effect during EX Flight disappears temporary when doing a basic attack.
-Dark Dimension doesn't have a hit spark if it connects successfully (Although MvC3 had one, not MvCI though. Up to you if you want to change it).

Will update if I find anything else. Also, Destruction is spelled incorrect for his Dark Spell moves on the readme. Spelled as Desrtution.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 02:12:05 am by SolidZone 26
#14  July 21, 2019, 04:32:14 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Normally, you'd do D,DB,B,HP in midair to teleport back to the ground to perform the Liberation. Could you make so you can do it with any Punch button if fully charged like you would on the ground?
added

When in flight mode he goes holddownfwd while pressing holddownback.
fixed

-Liberation Destruction has no special guard spark.
fixed
Liberation Creation Lv.1 hits 3 times when there's only 1 hit.
it hits 3 times
-Liberation Creation Lv.2 hits 9 times when there's only 3 hits.
it hits 9 times
-Liberation Creation Lv.3 has no envshake when blocked and the vines don't disappear by frames.
-Liberation Destruction + Creation Lv.3 doesn't have a special guard spark on the Inferno part.
fixed
-The Dark Spell orbs keep flickering during his stance (Not sure if it's intentional or a 1.0 issue).
flicker is intentional
-The effect during EX Flight disappears temporary when doing a basic attack.
ok
-Dark Dimension doesn't have a hit spark if it connects successfully (Although MvC3 had one, not MvCI though. Up to you if you want to change it).
no hitspark because the start of the move doesn't count as a hit if connected.

#15  July 21, 2019, 04:47:35 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence, but I am absolutely loving the recent comic book characters getting brought into this style. Dormammu and Taskmaster play amazing and it's extremely cool to see Marvel (and DC by Mr. Giang mostly) characters get made in a new fun style that's different than what everyone is used to seeing, and it's for characters that have not been overused. That said, I'm not opposed to a Spider-Man or Wolverine in this style either, so there's nothing wrong with the more overused characters either. I hope this string continues, but regardless, these last comic characters are extremely cool and fun to play. Thank you very very much.

unrelated and unimportant
#16  July 21, 2019, 05:48:11 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence, but I am absolutely loving the recent comic book characters getting brought into this style. Dormammu and Taskmaster play amazing and it's extremely cool to see Marvel (and DC by Mr. Giang mostly) characters get made in a new fun style that's different than what everyone is used to seeing, and it's for characters that have not been overused. That said, I'm not opposed to a Spider-Man or Wolverine in this style either, so there's nothing wrong with the more overused characters either. I hope this string continues, but regardless, these last comic characters are extremely cool and fun to play. Thank you very very much.

You gotta convince @ReduxMercenaryT: cuz he's the one who's been commissioning these characters.
#17  July 21, 2019, 06:52:31 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova

I'm glad you are enjoying the characters. It makes the request feel worth it but as for Spawn... He's going to need a lot more than just coding to make him worth sacrificing a week worth of gas for. I'd stick with MK11's Spawn if I were you until someone has the time to sprite some more animations for him.
#18  July 21, 2019, 08:12:26 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
So after some more testing, there's no more bugs to report gameplay's wise. However, I feel like some of the quotes he has are kinda off. victory13 quote should be separated as there are two different quotes merged into it and some of the character specific quotes are actually intro dialogue against those characters. It doesn't make sense to say you shall strike down Dante when you beat him already. Please replace the current quotes with these ones:

;Vs.Dante
victory17 = "As you can see, not all demons are created equal. Stick to fighting Mundus, boy."
;Vs.Trish
victory18 = "Ha-ha-ha-ha! You are but a demon's toy and do not deserve the freedom you have."
;Vs.Shuma-Gorath
victory19 = "Fair warning… I’m coming for the Chaos Dimension next."
;Vs.Strange
victory22 = "You were nothing to me when you were the Sorcerer Supreme. You are even less to me now."

He doesn't have a quote for Dr. Doom (Which you made one years ago) and Vergil, so here's one for each of them from UMvC3:
;Vs.Doom
victory25 = "Your crude understanding of the rudimentary Black Arts is infantile."
;Vs.Vergil
victory26 = "I see much more potential in you than in your brother."

If there is a character I didn't mention if they also have victory text, there isn't one for them. I also kinda wish he said more variations in his win pose dialogue as I noticed you are using the same sound clips from Gladiacloud's Dormammu. But it's nice to see you have more intros though.

Another thing off-topic and don't want to bump your previous character's release topic, but did you got around updating Shingo yet? I posted feedback on him, but not sure if you missed it.

I'm glad you are enjoying the characters. It makes the request feel worth it but as for Spawn... He's going to need a lot more than just coding to make him worth sacrificing a week worth of gas for. I'd stick with MK11's Spawn if I were you until someone has the time to sprite some more animations for him.
It's really good to see that when you request a commission for Infinite, you actually thought it through instead of asking the character at random. You consider what character is best for that style and make sure the required amount of sprites exist for it. And seeing you do palettes for them is also great as you contribute for Infinite some way. I wish they were more people like you.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#19  July 21, 2019, 08:48:11 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
@ReduxMercenaryT
Well thank you as well ReduxMercenaryT. I had no idea that you were making these character choices, and they are some good choices in my opinion. You chose wisely too having Infinite be the one to do them. That's fine about Spawn. I just like to throw the suggestion for him out there once in a while. I'm just looking forward to whatever you guys have planned in the future, if anything. Thanks again, to both of you.

Edit:
Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 08:57:03 am by shulbocka
#20  July 21, 2019, 09:11:28 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
So after some more testing, there's no more bugs to report gameplay's wise. However, I feel like some of the quotes he has are kinda off. victory13 quote should be separated as there are two different quotes merged into it and some of the character specific quotes are actually intro dialogue against those characters. It doesn't make sense to say you shall strike down Dante when you beat him already. Please replace the current quotes with these ones:

;Vs.Dante
victory17 = "As you can see, not all demons are created equal. Stick to fighting Mundus, boy."
;Vs.Trish
victory18 = "Ha-ha-ha-ha! You are but a demon's toy and do not deserve the freedom you have."
;Vs.Shuma-Gorath
victory19 = "Fair warning… I’m coming for the Chaos Dimension next."
;Vs.Strange
victory22 = "You were nothing to me when you were the Sorcerer Supreme. You are even less to me now."

He doesn't have a quote for Dr. Doom (Which you made one years ago) and Vergil, so here's one for each of them from UMvC3:
;Vs.Doom
victory25 = "Your crude understanding of the rudimentary Black Arts is infantile."
;Vs.Vergil
victory26 = "I see much more potential in you than in your brother."
added
Another thing off-topic and don't want to bump your previous character's release topic, but did you got around updating Shingo yet? I posted feedback on him, but not sure if you missed it.
just now seeing but updated