YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2919682 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#11161  August 01, 2019, 06:51:44 am
    • Brazil
Well, they remembered fucking Abigail, so Lucia isn't that much of a stretch, now, is it? I mean, if you played with Lucia in FF3, you'd see her a LOT more than you'd see Abigail. Besides, I think its really cool for Capcom to bring those lesser known characters to the spotlight, give them an attempt at popularity, after all, it worked excellently with Poison.

EDIT: One thing still bothers me, though: what took them so long? I mean, they've been silent for a long ass time and we get three characters that aren't even mind-blowing. Granted, that was a leak and, hopefully we'll have more at Evo, but, so far, it doesn't justify the hiatus.
Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 07:35:11 am by Macaulyn97
#11162  August 01, 2019, 03:34:05 pm
honda looks great , lucia looks bland and what the fuck happened to poison's hair? her alt is tons better.
#11163  August 01, 2019, 03:51:42 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Kinda curious myself why give Lucia a redesign and make her look like she came from S.T.A.R.S. Interesting her move sets are from the beat em up and borrowed a move from K'. Though the initial move looks awkward before she throws out her projectile. I like that she's there though.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#11164  August 01, 2019, 04:14:57 pm
i don't really worry about the design since modding is a thing, give it a month or so you'll get a better model and design.

but yeah she does kinda look like a stars agent and her 2d design kinda looks like a metal slug character.
#11165  August 01, 2019, 04:25:39 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

i don't really worry about the design since modding is a thing, give it a month or so you'll get a better model and design.

She does have her original look as 'Nostalgia' DLC. I just don't think its time for a redesign since it's her first appearance after 2 decades. Unlike Jedah in MVCI doesn't stray away from his original look.

May be they don't want her to be compared to King?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.

DW

#11166  August 01, 2019, 04:28:22 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I gotta agree I'm not feeling the shorter hair Poison... Not a good design choice. Though at least they'll be alt costumes. I don't like Lucia's costume either. I do agree she looks like an off brand S.T.A.R.S member. I am surprised they put her in though. I'm not aware of her being in any other game except for FF3. Although subtle, E.Honda is the only one who got a good redesign.
#11167  August 01, 2019, 04:34:56 pm
    • Brazil
Yeah, Poison's hair looks ridiculous, if it wasn't so long to the side, it would be pretty cool, but as it is, its just as stupid as Akuma's. And yeah, Lucia looks generic, almost as if she was made in a character creator of sorts.
#11168  August 01, 2019, 04:55:49 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
At first I tought lucia was a skin for cammy. I like what's shows of honda and poison, gameplay wise.
How did the leak happen ?
#11169  August 01, 2019, 05:39:27 pm
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
#11170  August 01, 2019, 05:55:11 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
lol, thanks.
That explains the low quality of the pictures, they were screencaps of the video.
#11171  August 01, 2019, 08:57:02 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I do think it's interesting that they brought back Lucia, as I love how the classic Final Fight characters come back as more fleshed out characters in the Street Fighter universe. Thrasher/Damn'D is the only one I truly want back and redesigned like they did with the other bosses. Also would be great to see Retsu and Geki back at some point.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#11172  August 02, 2019, 02:40:26 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#11173  August 02, 2019, 03:06:42 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan, this is ridiculous. No self-respecting STARS member would run around in shorts and thigh-highs!
There were those secret costumes in the Resident Evil games.  So, technically they could, and to a degree did (considering the costumes).

I'm not getting a STARS vibe, though.  I feel this is how a cop would look in a JoJo's series.

#11174  August 02, 2019, 04:14:46 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Most of the cast has moved up in the city. After all this time it’s no surprise to me she’d become an officer. Hagar or Cody could have easily helped make that happen. The original outfit was just “generic skimpy outfit beat em up girl”. A cop at least gives her more direction
#11175  August 02, 2019, 05:07:25 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
"Generic skimpy beat em up girl" is just about as visually striking as "I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S. but also in short shorts".
I was half expecting her to do Shoulder Dash. lol

While her super looks super lame compared to most, at least it's straight up her super from FF3 so that's neat. The fact that they even acknowledge FF3 is good enough for me, so why not.
#11176  August 02, 2019, 05:34:55 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
Most of the cast has moved up in the city. After all this time it’s no surprise to me she’d become an officer. Hagar or Cody could have easily helped make that happen. The original outfit was just “generic skimpy outfit beat em up girl”. A cop at least gives her more direction

She was already a detective in Final Fight 3.  In the intro, she comes into Haggar's office with a more conservative outfit on (granted, it's only seen waist up).  Her original outfit during the gameplay of FF3 was probably her 'fighting gear'.  I always thought she started out as a villain (in Edi E.'s ending of FF Revenge, there's a female cop who looks like her), and Haggar later helped out to where she became a detective and would fly right.
#11177  August 03, 2019, 12:02:13 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
'KAY...

- Honda: I like the new take on him. Making the outfit different yet still recogniseable.

- Lucia: updating a bit her classic outfit would be the wisest move(as they did with Poison). She now looks like a random sexy S.T.A.R.S mod.

- Poison: Totally in LOVE with this update. Except for the hair. Long pink hair for the win. REALNESS.

I swear there was something cool here!!
#11178  August 03, 2019, 01:29:49 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
'KAY...

- Honda: I like the new take on him. Making the outfit different yet still recogniseable.

- Lucia: updating a bit her classic outfit would be the wisest move(as they did with Poison). She now looks like a random sexy S.T.A.R.S mod.

- Poison: Totally in LOVE with this update. Except for the hair. Long pink hair for the win. REALNESS.

Pretty much the same feeling to me.
I like Honda, but not really happy with Poison's new haircut

Also, I really like the moves we can see in these trailers, but I'm not really into Poison's new moves.
Looks like they removed stuffs from her USFIV incarnation.

No actual gameplay yet? I'm curious to see the full movelist in action.
#11179  August 05, 2019, 05:16:02 pm
    • Argentina
Lucia gameplay
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#11180  August 06, 2019, 11:19:43 pm
Same for Poison

And for Honda
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.