Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#1141  August 03, 2019, 05:26:42 am
  • The need situation makes the man
    • Mexico
    • www.facebook.com/mike.funkyman
let me present you my new work

The Multigame Synthethizer Midi file Player (Teaser)
This code works like this, is a C library based on mame and others

This code , for midi files (.mid) lets you open, listen and or render a stremeable file but with a nostalgic arcade based sound
arrangement of the open standard GM midi file
in this case, we will have 3 versions of this, one a Standalone Windows binary app, the C library for adding it
in your software tool developing, and another, that will be a native addon precomiled in Golang for Ikemen Go Plus
and a Openbor version
How to handle it

First you will have to choose if you want Fm synth mode, Fm + PCM or PCMhandling waves mode
(If you are using the desktop app GUI based, you must do this process clicking with a Dialog based interface) (on
the other way, in this case if you are using ikemen, you must specify which mode you will use in the System.def)
(on the other case of openbor dreambor, in the engine editor you must select the feature once instaled the library)

*optional second proces
If you select PCMhandling waves mode (on the Gui based), you must define if you insist define each General Midi Preset or did you
want to use a fully General midi Soundfont or Dls, but be sure to load a file that accomplish the General Midi
specs or you must chose one by one a file for each preset, but if you select a proper GM instrument bank file
you will be excempt of loading one by one 128 General midi presets on each file .sf2, (example if you add
the wavetoy_gm.sf2 you will be excempt of select one defined instrument by a single.sf2) (in the Windows Gui
aplication you will do this process selecting on a dialog based the GM fully bank or you will add by clicks the other
128 presets by one by one .sf2 files, for example "00 acoustic piano = Kurzweil.sf2" "34 finger bass = fender bass.sf2) 

(but if you are using ikemen, you will have to specify in the system.def in the midimode line if you want use your native midi driver, this is default
in ikemen if you dont complete the location foder, example of this "midimode=blank", unless in the line under fightfx=fightfx.def, midimode
you must specify directly the .dls file or .sf2 if we are talking abouta GM spec instrument bank, if you doesnt write a
GM sample bank type you must write to location something like this  "midimode=fmsynthgm.def", "midimode = GMfmplusdacpcm.def" or
"multipcmwaves.def", and that names must be writen like that, because affects on the handling code, but the GM banks you can use
wherever name you want on the file only with respect to the .sf2 or .dls  format extension)

Now, you didnt select a GM bank file type, so dont worry, this could be more funnier that you expect

first it depends on the Music mode that you choose  (Fm synth mode, Fm+PCM mode or PCMhandling wave mode, on the Windows Gui interface) (or loading
fmsynthgm.def, fmplusdacpcm.def or multipcmwaves.def in case that you didnt specify a GM sample based bank in ikemen go plus)
(or in the totally specifier.txt on openbor dreambor)

you will have the 128 presets of the general Midi (same that you will have to specify one by one, for example
in the desktop excecutable you must will locate it every instrument one by one with dialog based GUI interface or if you want to save time by locating in a .txt file called GM.txt for a
total loaded preset) (or editing the fmsynthgm.def, fmplusdacpcm.def or multipcmwaves.def)

So you will have a list like this (In the Windows Gui this can be click and load or, totally loadyng a GM)
(on ikemen it will be only if you specify fmsynthgm.def, fmplusdacpcm.def or multipcmwaves.def on midimode=)
00 acoustic piano = your file.opm
01 bright piano= yourfile.sf2
02 electricpiano = yourfile.tfi
etc,

now, depending on the selected mode, you can automatically load these formats, let me explain something about the modes:

in fm synth mode (fmsynthgm.def in ikemen case), you can automatically select one of the "FM instrument format handlings" and even
you can mix between format files, but I must warning you each file correspond to a specified fm chip, (see more details on FM instrument format handlings)
, so if you want to have the sound generation of a CPS1 on the specified instrument be sure of loading a .opm file, or if you want a neogeo
instrument based, be sure of use .ins instrument, or you will experiment an unwanted chip mixture sound, this because each format tells to the
code which synth will be used for generate that instrument (remember, this is based on the mame sound core libraries, so it has all the
fm game sound engines, so each engine handle their own format)
other thing, in opm ifles you must only have one instrument in the first channel, because the software will ignore everything on the OPM file except
the first channel (one o.pm must contain one single instrument)
and no, you can not select PCM files in this mode

in Fm + PCM (multipcmwaves.def in ikemen) you can mix the FM instrument format handlings and the PCM instrument format handlings,doesnt matter if you mix a
soundfont combination with .opm or you can mix .y12 files with spc drums, depends on your imagination, but remember, the format file tells the program
which wyth will be used
but I must warning you, you cant load a GM bank on a specified instrument (01 bright piano= yourfile.sf2 is correct but 01 bright piano= yourGMbank.sf2 is wrong)
in this case the file is acting as the GM bank, so the program have the instruction of read the first preset of PCM instrument type and ignore

PCMhandling wave mode ("multipcmwaves.def" in ikemen)
you can specify PCM instrument format handlings, but keeping only on PCM formats, even doesnt matter if you mix soundfonts with super nintendo instruments, remember, the limit is your imagination
but I must warning you, you cant load a GM bank on a specified instrument (01 bright piano= yourfile.sf2 is correct but 01 bright piano= yourGMbank.sf2 is wrong)
in this case the file is acting as the GM bank, so the program have the instruction of read the first preset of PCM instrument type and ignore
In this mode, you must keep using PCM files, no FM files allowed

FM instrument format handlings

.opm = ym2151 (capcom cps1)
.ins = ym2610 (neogeo)
y12 = ym2612 (sega megadrive)
tfi = ym2203 (arcade)

PCM instrument format handlings
.sf2 = soundfont  (will act as Qsound from cps2 capcom games or PCM sampler) (ideoneous if you ripped from VGMtrans cps2 games)
IT, MOD, MTM, S3M, XM, 669, PTM, FAR =  tracker instruments (will act as Qsound from cps2 capcom games or PCM sampler)
.spc, .brr = SPC700 (Nintendo snes/super famicom instruments)

Hasta aqui mi reporte joaquin
#1142  August 05, 2019, 12:49:46 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Gracias por tu reporte volvemos al estudio.
Looking forward to the release of MSMP Mike.

Neatunsou did another update that:
- Fixed a bug in SFF palletes.
- Added SAVE FILES!

I also added:
- The ability to disable team modes from the option menu. Do not want simul? well now you can remove from the menu.
- A save folder that stores replays, the config file, ai data, etc.
- And now the engine saves more than 1 replay.

Here are the info for the save function:
Savefile
Code:
[State Test]
type = SaveFile
trigger1 = time = 10
savedata = var
path = "kfm.gob"
Put specified data together and save it as binary. It uses gob, which is a serialized format for Go language, as the storage format.
Specify the data saved by savedata as var, fvar, or map. All characters specified by the character or helper who executed the function are stored at that time.
Specify the save destination file path by path (execution character standard). Can use any extension (.gob is recomneded)

Loadfile
Code:
[State Test]
type = Loadfile
trigger1 = time = 10
savedata = var
path = "kfm.gob"
Loads the specified data and overwrites the data of the execution character. Note that all the data before reading will disappear.
Specify the data to be read by savedata from var, fvar, or map. An error occurs if you make a mistake in the path.
Specify the path of the file to be read in path (Relative to the character folder).
So yeah, now characters can save permanent data.

The builds are on AppVeyor as they always have:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go/build/artifacts
(It will take like 20 minutes from the time I write this to compile so wait)

EDIT:
It's ready to download.
If it's a clean setup do not forget the MUGEN files.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YCp5LYq-v1LSCFiq7a4RxLmJHdwZ4b0s/view
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 08:48:16 am by Gacel
#1143  August 05, 2019, 12:52:36 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Boy, you better start adding documentation to in the game files, because I'm gonna be lost when I start using this for real.
Also I assume we can safely disable options in the motif file or whatever?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1144  August 05, 2019, 01:33:15 am
    • Greece
Is it possible to create a round intro system using fonts like snk vs capcom dialogues?I know it is possible to do it using coding but it will be great to use fonts instead of text sprites.
#1145  August 05, 2019, 09:26:54 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Is it possible to create a round intro system using fonts like snk vs capcom dialogues?I know it is possible to do it using coding but it will be great to use fonts instead of text sprites.

Right now there is now way to make a character display fonts, l'l see how hard is to implement it.

Boy, you better start adding documentation to in the game files, because I'm gonna be lost when I start using this for real.
Also I assume we can safely disable options in the motif file or whatever?

Neatunsou has a full documentation of the new features in Japanese, I'll finish translating that and adding it to my github repo today.
Also, Yeah is safe to disable options in the "options.lua" file to do it just delete the line.
The line you need to delete look like this:
Code:
{data = textImgNew(), itemname = 'enginesettings', displayname = motif.option_info.menu_itemname_main_engine},
#1146  August 05, 2019, 09:34:36 pm
    • UK

I assume it's like the Menu Options in normal Mugen where you score out an option by leaving the name blank?
WIP Schedule:
#1147  August 05, 2019, 09:44:03 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Did new font support got added? I remember it wasnt running mugen 1.1 fonts.Also can Select Screen get more customizable options? Like Pallete Select or Groove Select
Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 09:50:27 pm by Mark85
#1148  August 05, 2019, 10:54:39 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Did new font support got added? I remember it wasn't running mugen 1.1 fonts. Also can Select Screen get more customizable options? Like Pallete Select or Groove Select

Mugen 1.1 font was there or a long time on screenpacks, it was added to the lifebars in april 20, Kidcy added it.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Pallete select could be easy but groove select is a whole different matter considering that characters use vastly different system for changing a groove.

I assume it's like the Menu Options in normal Mugen where you score out an option by leaving the name blank?

It's Similar, but also there are other lines that control the option menu logic inside the file.

Bejeeta I finished translating the features doc:
https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen_GO/blob/master/Readme_Features.md
A 208 lines, 1558 words document.
It's a very amateurish translation but it should work.
Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:00:47 pm by Gacel
#1149  August 10, 2019, 04:56:18 pm
    • USA
Hiya all. Made an account so I can reply this thread. Thank you SO much for updating this time to time. I been having a blast using this Ikemen Go Plus playing with my family here and want to tell you to keep up the good work! Although I would really wish to know how to add more HP Lifebars for Players 5-8 and Powerbars for Players 3-8 but I know you all are always been busy so I can't be picky about it. Really, thank you so much and please keep up the good work :D
Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 05:59:24 pm by Yuias
#1150  August 11, 2019, 12:37:10 am
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
Is anyone having these troubles with commands like  236236 + any button?
For example I have this KOF project that Im doing and Im testing it every weekend with friends, they told me they have problems with certain super moves, for example Yashiro 236236 A or C, doesnt come out unless you input perfect quarter circle movements, if they make a half circle input (for example, 1236236 or 4236236), the movement doesnt come out. In mugen this doesnt happen you can input half circle movements and for Mugen is like Quarter circles. Half circle movements like Clark Hyper specials are not a problem.   
#1151  August 11, 2019, 12:44:26 am
    • USA
Yup, you need the perfect movement. Hibiki/Ryo, supers like that. I just ended up getting used to it, but there is definitely something up with the commands. If you mean how you have to be extra firm with it to work. I feel as though it’s gotten better from vanilla Ikemen though. I want to say, it’s the diagonals.
#1152  August 11, 2019, 08:38:39 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
2Dee4ever did give a great response.
I also think is the diagonals.

Hiya all. Made an account so I can reply this thread. Thank you SO much for updating this time to time. I been having a blast using this Ikemen Go Plus playing with my family here and want to tell you to keep up the good work! Although I would really wish to know how to add more HP Lifebars for Players 5-8 and Powerbars for Players 3-8 but I know you all are always been busy so I can't be picky about it. Really, thank you so much and please keep up the good work :D

I'm happy you like the engine.
About expanded lifebar and powerbar support. If I code it in the "obvious way" (Building on top on how it works now) I need to assign the variables of the life bar (Life bar only not energy bar and only for simul not tag) for 72 different types (If we limit to 8), so now I'm thinking on a diferent way to code it so it does not duplicate a lot of data.

Curently working on that and learning how the CNS parser works so I can edit TagIn to work with more than 2 chars at the time.

To people wondering what TagIn / TagOut does: It works similar to Ctrl+Alt+F1/F2 on MUGEN but keeps the char CNS running.
Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 08:44:29 am by Gacel
#1153  August 12, 2019, 12:07:50 am
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
Yup, you need the perfect movement. Hibiki/Ryo, supers like that. I just ended up getting used to it, but there is definitely something up with the commands. If you mean how you have to be extra firm with it to work. I feel as though it’s gotten better from vanilla Ikemen though. I want to say, it’s the diagonals.

Since is a full game I guess I just have to edit the common command file and add more commands with the same 236236 movement name. That pretty much give flexibility in movements, but this is easy on a full game. Guess not that easy on a custom mugen installation with dozens of characters.
I think that should be checked out because one can be ok with many differences in graphics and sound between Mugen and Ikemen GO but not inputs, its very frustrating to see you are missing your movements despite you have many years playing FGs. And 236236 is a pretty used command for hypers since SSF2T.
#1154  August 12, 2019, 01:02:58 am
    • USA
You can also add negative edge and see if that helps. Changing the command time etc doesn’t seem to do much for me and I don’t want it to be too easy. Been using Ikemen since the first version and also an adept fighting game enthusiast, I know what you mean. It’s definitely been hit or miss for me as well. At one point the problem went away, then it came back(newer updates) and I’m not sure why.

So you are making a full game eh, I wanna see. This is ideal for full game development. The work scares most away though.
#1155  August 13, 2019, 12:40:18 am
    • USA
I'm happy you like the engine.
About expanded lifebar and powerbar support. If I code it in the "obvious way" (Building on top on how it works now) I need to assign the variables of the life bar (Life bar only not energy bar and only for simul not tag) for 72 different types (If we limit to 8), so now I'm thinking on a diferent way to code it so it does not duplicate a lot of data.

Curently working on that and learning how the CNS parser works so I can edit TagIn to work with more than 2 chars at the time.

Yay, I can wait on that because.... I myself have tried coding myself before (Even tried to make my own game but didn't get quite far because I have no patience of coding everything single thing how to make it works) and I truly, trulllly, know how painful it is so take your time. I'm still looking for the perfect Lifebars for me anyways.... just can't seem to find the right one for me....... :stars:

Oh and as for the diagonals, I DID feel like it was.... funny a while ago because I used to be able to do Shinkuu Hadoken on MvC Ryu easily but now I have to like... after doing the movements to use it, I have to wait like a little BEFORE I press the 2 Punch buttons instead of instantly. Its like there is a little delay there somehow. Didn't really bother me so much though  :laugh4:
#1156  August 13, 2019, 12:48:44 am
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I was gonna suggest an alternative way of win screen that isnt based on screenpacks,sth like a txt box with whatever port 9000,1,2 assigned so  character and bg can be seen at same time as win screen  sth like svc https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/526/724/790.jpg
also mugen 1.1 has a problem where small ports of lifebar dont share colors as character pal and doesnt change with remappal,mind we get this properly implemented for ikemen if it doesnt cause any trouble? pls?
#1157  August 14, 2019, 08:40:24 pm
    • UK

One request for storyboards, could videos like MP4 files be allowed in the future?
WIP Schedule:
#1158  August 17, 2019, 09:23:25 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Ikemen GO Plus: https://streamable.com/gqndf

Mugen 1.1: https://streamable.com/9ac4g

Few things I had observed with Ikemen GO plus compared to mugen
  • Combo counter doesn't work properly
  • Afterfx seem to be affected by pausetime
  • Damage that is displayed on the lifebar falls more instantly than mugen
  • Sound is clearer in Ikemen than it is in mugen, though not affected by pan currently
  • fall.defence_up seems to actually get applied properly
  • The camera in general seems to operate more harshly than it is in mugen

@Gacel just curious if you have these issues written down or something since they're still there in the latest build of Ikemen go plus

#1159  August 17, 2019, 10:01:31 pm
    • Turkey
Combo counter already been fixed.I dont know others through.
#1160  August 17, 2019, 10:10:23 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org