YesNoOk

Noel Vermillion (Beta) (Read 19315 times)

Started by ☆ILoveMyself☆, August 03, 2019, 07:08:05 pm
Share this topic:
Noel Vermillion (Beta)
#1  August 03, 2019, 07:08:05 pm
    • Argentina
Hello everyone.
I present to you my first character for MUGEN, Noel Vermillion. Her movements are based on Blazblue Cross Tag Battle. I still have to correct some things.

Thanks to:
OHMSBY (for being able to use their characters as a base)
Susanoo-no-Mikoto (by Noel's voice)
Ehm (by Noel sprites)
and Kim SeokJin (for the extra pallets)
Enjoy it
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/gy5542pp8nb1xbn/Noel.zip/file
Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 01:27:14 am by ☆ILoveMyself☆
Re: Noel Vermillion
#2  August 03, 2019, 07:24:32 pm
  • Transparency and solitude
Missing a readme, but otherwise looks good.
#3  August 03, 2019, 07:32:06 pm
    • Argentina
#4  August 03, 2019, 07:59:57 pm
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
waiting for the next update keep up the good work!
#5  August 03, 2019, 08:10:04 pm
    • Argentina
#6  August 03, 2019, 08:28:10 pm
    • USA
I'm looking forward to updates as well.

You'll get better at making your own characters... with time. We all have to start somewhere.
#7  August 03, 2019, 11:50:08 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Alright, time for the big, bad moment that you've probably anticipated; feedback.

- All her moves have no hitpause on hit or block, giving them almost non-existent impact and makes it look like Noel is flailing. Asides from aesthetic issues, it does have a tangible influence on gameplay since it makes everything feel very chaotic and too loose to the point combos just don't work asides from some cheap ones that I'll elaborate below.
- Noel has missing sprites. You can always refer to the documentations included with MUGEN to find which sprites you've forgotten to add to the character.
- The second and third hits of Noel's "a" auto combo have monstrous frame advantage on both hit and block without even jump canceling, something that I would expect from a jump canceled heavy normal instead; +15 and +20 respectively.
- 2.b whiffs at point blank range.
- A bit of an obscure thing since it's not common knowledge, but I would recommend low instead of trip for ground.type on 2.c since it forces fall.defence_up to trigger.
- Noel's dashing grab is an infinite into itself. Also, j.b has such excessive frame advantage that you can perform a blockstring infinite into itself via instant air dash shenanigans; https://streamable.com/bd909
- No hitstun decay nor incremental corner push, both are stuff OHMSBY's included in his stuff since the last few months.
- Since it's only been very recent, thus not many may have noticed, OHMSBY now uses custom hitfall for his characters in order to allow OTG combos to retain their damage as well as prevent unwanted ground teching.

Those are what I've found in 10 minutes of playtesting, so, if I find more, I'll add to this post or one after any replies to this.
Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 01:44:50 am by Nep Heart
#8  August 03, 2019, 11:56:14 pm
    • Argentina
Alright, time for the big, bad moment that you've probably anticipated; feedback.

- All her moves have no hitpause on hit or block, giving them almost non-existent impact and makes it look like Noel is flailing. Asides from aesthetic issues, it does have a tangible influence on gameplay since it makes everything feel very chaotic and too loose to the point combos just don't work asides from some cheap ones that I'll elaborate below.
- Noel has missing sprites. You can always refer to the documentations included with MUGEN to find which sprites you've forgotten to add to the character.
- The second and third hits of Noel's "a" auto combo have monstrous frame advantage on both hit and block without even jump canceling, something that I would expect from a jump canceled heavy normal instead; +15 and +20 respectively.
- 2.b whiffs at point blank range.
- A bit of an obscure thing since it's not common knowledge, but I would recommend low instead of trip for ground.type on 2.c since it forces fall.defence_up to trigger.
- Noel's dashing grab is and infinite into itself. Also, j.b has such excessive frame advantage that you can perform a blockstring infinite into itself via instant air dash shenanigans; https://streamable.com/bd909
- No hitstun decay nor incremental corner push, both are stuff OHMSBY's included in his stuff since the last few months.
- Since it's only been very recent, thus not many may have noticed, OHMSBY now uses custom hitfall for his characters in order to allow OTG combos to retain their damage as well as prevent unwanted ground teching.

Those are what I've found in 10 minutes of playtesting, so, if I find more, I'll add to this post or one after any replies to this.

I was waiting for these comments, I will fix these problems
Oh and the 2.b, you're right it's horrible xD
#9  August 04, 2019, 12:12:52 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
While Nep has covered a lot of problems, there are a few signature moves of her don't work as intended at all. Correct me if I were wrong though since I didn't play Tag, only the first BB game.
- Assault Through isn't supposed to whiff at point blank and the move is meant to cross-up opponents.
- Bloom Trigger doesn't cause wall bounce, making the move completely useless.
- Bullet Storm and Zero Gun usually miss after the few first hits.
- Her Astral still shows hitpause during the cinematic scene.
#10  August 04, 2019, 12:58:45 am
    • Argentina
While Nep has covered a lot of problems, there are a few signature moves of her don't work as intended at all. Correct me if I were wrong though since I didn't play Tag, only the first BB game.
- Assault Through isn't supposed to whiff at point blank and the move is meant to cross-up opponents.
- Bloom Trigger doesn't cause wall bounce, making the move completely useless.
- Bullet Storm and Zero Gun usually miss after the few first hits.
- Her Astral still shows hitpause during the cinematic scene.

That's right, thanks for telling me, I will fix these problems
#11  August 04, 2019, 01:39:35 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Congrats on your first character. Here's my feedback on her (As the others will point out the balance issues, I will cover more of the aesthetic stuff and bugs if I find any):

-The 1st standing and crouching attack of her A command normals has no swing sound.
-The 2nd hit of her A command normals has no hit sound.
-The gun effect during the 2nd hit of her B command normals seems to have no transparency.
-Her standing HA doesn't has swing sounds while she swirling her guns have like her astral finish.
-She doesn't move behind the opponent during her backwards throw until after the opponent is hit.
-Crouching MA has no landing sound effect when she touches the ground.
-Crouching HA has no slide sound effect.
-The bullets and the rocket during Bullet Storm go through the floor with no impact.
-The air throw has a weak slash sound for a kick.
-The gun effects don't follow her during the jumping WA and MA.
-Muzzle Flatter has no jump sound and does nothing (Since there's no readme, I don't know what the exact name of the move is called).
-After performing her astral finish, she can't move and the opponent is forever frozen (Even if it's supposed to be a finisher move. Any of OHMSBY's character shouldn't do that even on Training).

Will update if I find more.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Re: Noel Vermillion (Beta)
#12  August 04, 2019, 02:06:19 am
    • Argentina
Congrats on your first character. Here's my feedback on her (As the others will point out the balance issues, I will cover more of the aesthetic stuff and bugs if I find any):

-The 1st standing and crouching attack of her A command normals has no swing sound.
-The 2nd hit of her A command normals has no hit sound.
-The gun effect during the 2nd hit of her B command normals seems to have no transparency.
-Her standing HA doesn't has swing sounds while she swirling her guns have like her astral finish.
-She doesn't move behind the opponent during her backwards throw until after the opponent is hit.
-Crouching MA has no landing sound effect when she touches the ground.
-Crouching HA has no slide sound effect.
-The bullets and the rocket during Bullet Storm go through the floor with no impact.
-The air throw has a weak slash sound for a kick.
-The gun effects don't follow her during the jumping WA and MA.
-Muzzle Flatter has no jump sound and does nothing (Since there's no readme, I don't know what the exact name of the move is called).
-After performing her astral finish, she can't move and the opponent is forever frozen (Even if it's supposed to be a finisher move. Any of OHMSBY's character shouldn't do that even on Training).

Will update if I find more.

Thanks, I will fix these problems too.
Oh, and I can't wait to see your Mario :D
#13  August 04, 2019, 10:16:43 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
For fixing up the Framedata, animations, and hitboxes, I highly recommend referring to Dustloop Wiki and BoxDox.bb.

Dustloop wiki has info on each character's attacks such as damage, guard levels, and frame data, and BoxDox displays the hitboxes in each and every frame. Although, Boxdox only has Blazblue and Guilty Gear characters covered.
#14  August 05, 2019, 04:56:49 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Doing some more research, Noel can cancel her j.C to another j.C (which uses different animation) in BBTag but apparently, your version doesn't have this attack here. It's used a lot in many of her BnB as combo ender so I don't see any reasons for it not being here. Also, her j.B is supposed to cause a ground bounce and her command throw doesn't launch her that high. You really need to look at these things.
#15  August 05, 2019, 05:34:07 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I've actually tried BBTag just recently thanks to that 3-day free trial on Steam and I have to say she definitely feels nothing even remotely like Noel from that game. I know source accuracy is not required, OHMSBY sure doesn't aim for it and admitted as much, but retaining the spirit of the character does make it easier to appreciate them since people want to at least play a semblance of their favorite character. Not to mention that OHMSBY style at the very least is heavily BBTag inspired to begin with.

With that said, just lab things out in BBTag and see if you can try your best under MUGEN's limitations to mimic how Noel felt in that game.
#16  August 09, 2019, 03:28:57 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Congrats for your first character bro. Despite the issues, it's a good work you did so far. I'll keep my eyes on the updates.
#17  August 09, 2019, 03:55:32 pm
    • Argentina
[youtube]https://youtu.be/snnIC5UComU[/youtube]

Congrats for your first character bro. Despite the issues, it's a good work you did so far. I'll keep my eyes on the updates.

Wow, Noel has so many problems that I did not expect you to do this, thank you very much
#18  August 09, 2019, 04:04:23 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
No problemo. :)
I know that Noel is in Beta state, but it's such a good start. Keep going bro.
#19  September 16, 2019, 07:37:57 pm
    • USA
For your first character it's very good, you're going places buddy