YesNoOk

Lifebar Concepts (Tekken 4, Original Designs, etc.) (Read 6405 times)

Started by USSCrazybat, August 13, 2019, 11:30:16 pm
Share this topic:
Lifebar Concepts (Tekken 4, Original Designs, etc.)
#1  August 13, 2019, 11:30:16 pm
Posting a few mockups I've made in illustrator and Photoshop. They're all easily convertable to .sff files, so I'm open to converting these to fully playable assets in the future.

Tekken 4 - Completely redrawn in illustrator as the original healthbar sprites are too low res for modern MUGEN. Barring a move to IKEMEN, I can't get the health to empty at an angle, so it wouldn't be a completely faithful recreation  :shifty:

Crossover Match - Inspired somewhat by the KILL LA KILL IF lifebars. Character art by Jae Lee.

Re: Lifebar Concepts (Tekken 4, Original Designs, etc.)
#2  August 13, 2019, 11:49:26 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Loving the second one tho not sure about powerbar
#3  August 14, 2019, 12:23:22 am
#4  August 14, 2019, 01:32:59 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
The tekken one looks great. Since tekken never had a power bars Im curious to see how it will looks. Definitely looking forward to seeing more from you!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#5  August 14, 2019, 01:36:18 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
The tekken one looks great. Since tekken never had a power bars Im curious to see how it will looks. Definitely looking forward to seeing more from you!

I'm positive it's gonna be simple like a SSF2X bar or the P Groove from CVS2.

Be sure to drop some news on your bar aswell.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#6  August 14, 2019, 04:40:18 am
Considering starting one of these soon; it's been a good while since I've made anything for Mugen, so I'm wondering - based on the native resolution of the 1.0 lifebars being 720p, I drew the T4 bars to match. However, I drew my other bars in 1080p. Is there anything I need to keep in mind to make sure my graphics scale correctly?

EDIT: Here's the complete Tekken 4 set for now. For the power bars I just replicated the Tekken Force lifebars since I was out of ideas; I want to keep them as close as possible in theme and design to the original game so I'm gonna try and figure out how to make them more distinct without compromising that.
Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 05:07:06 am by USSCrazybat
#7  August 14, 2019, 05:55:05 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Coming up with a power bars is definitely way harder than it seems. This does look pretty good so far. Making it a different color would probably be a good idea. I think apurple ish or blue similar to tekken 7 would look alright
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#8  August 14, 2019, 01:47:48 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Always loved Tekken 4's font, style and lifebar, digging this work.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.

TiE

#9  August 14, 2019, 02:06:46 pm
  • used the search button
    • Germany
I prefer the Tekken bars, too.
That concept looks very sweet.
I would not change the colours to almost the opposite side of the spectrum, but keep 'em the same colour, like you did.
Only thing I'd personally try is to keep that extra edge (mirrored horizontally) the lifebars have next to the timer frame.
Basically I mean to mirror and then shrink them...

Keep us posted, please!
[BGdef]
 ;Filename of sprite data
spr = stages/ ***.sff
#10  August 14, 2019, 11:54:48 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Gotta say, contrary to everyone else here's opinion, i'm a huge fan of the second lifebars. They are bright, original, and are like a mix of Mortal Kombat and BlazBlue.

Both are really nice, but the 2nd is my fav.
#11  August 14, 2019, 11:55:22 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
same 2nd just looks so good with portraits
#12  August 15, 2019, 09:15:29 pm
Gotta say, contrary to everyone else here's opinion, i'm a huge fan of the second lifebars. They are bright, original, and are like a mix of Mortal Kombat and BlazBlue.

Both are really nice, but the 2nd is my fav.

I was actually inspired by the latest BBTAG reveals from EVO and got to thinking about how I'd want my own crossover anime/whatever game to look like. Plus, it's a little more freeing than struggling to recreate other people's work
#13  August 16, 2019, 06:51:42 pm
  • Food and Woman!
The second lifebars easily win here. Love those design, plus with a portrait. Beautiful!
#14  August 18, 2019, 01:15:45 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
This is great work man. But do more brainstorming too. I like how the power bars are now, but also see how they would look if they were smaller under the life bars (for instance the small bar under the characters name could be the power bar) or down and bottom of the screen like you have them now, but just smaller. Or switch the gradient around opposite. Nothing major just throwing suggestions. I definitely like how it is now. I just was saying this to throw more ideas of haven't already done so. But make it however you like bro. Again. Great work