YesNoOk

Bowser v2.7 (Read 78120 times)

Started by k6666orochi, July 23, 2019, 08:12:14 am
Share this topic:
Re: Bowser v1.7
#21  August 12, 2019, 08:39:32 pm
    • Argentina
updated to version 1.7 in the first post
Looks like the update fixed all of that and the new landing/stomp sound effects fits perfectly in his sprite style. Thanks, k6666orochi. Will update again for further feedback after some testing.
thanks, I use the sounds of smash bros for WiiU, same as in the heat estral use the sound when he becomes gigabowser and two sounds of charizard when he moves his wings and when he is going to attack

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#22  August 13, 2019, 08:31:34 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Ok, here's my feedback on Bowser's update:
-The swing sound on the 2nd hit of his B command normals plays after the opponent is hit.
-His voice clip on crouching HA plays after the opponent is hit.
-His Fire Breath doesn't destroy projectiles and for some reason, it can't hit Training when doing the 3 second frame move.
-Banzai Bill also can't destroy projectiles (It's odd a large bullet can go through any projectile and not destroy them).
-The hitspark and guard spark on Chargin Chuck is misaligned when it makes contact with the opponent.
-Fly Guy has no explosion sound effect when the bomb explodes.
-It's cool you added counter messages for the Charged Punch. However, it should do more because each punch almost does the same amount of damage and has little to no variation. Here's what I feel each one should do:

TOO BAD... = Very little damage like a taunt, doesn't knock the opponent down and barley moving an inch.
OK = Low damage, doesn't knock the opponent down and pushes the opponent a few pixels.
GOOD! = Medium damage and knocks the opponent down.
GREAT! = Medium damage and knocks the opponent farther away.
EXCELLENT! = High damage and makes the opponent bounce on the wall (Good for air combos).

Just wondering, but have you updated Shovel Knight and Weiss yet? Weiss hasn't have her portraits fixed yet like Blake did and Shovel Knight has been ignored for quite a while. He also doesn't have the portrait used in Blade Strangers. I hope you come back to them sometime.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 07:11:26 am by SolidZone 26
#23  August 13, 2019, 11:51:18 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
Well, you have certainly have made a pretty good character, but like all your ones, they do have problems.
#24  August 14, 2019, 12:41:03 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Don't say what those problems are or anything.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#25  August 14, 2019, 10:26:52 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
#26  August 15, 2019, 03:22:16 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
#27  August 15, 2019, 03:39:34 am
    • Argentina
Ok, here's my feedback on Bowser's update:
-The swing sound on the 2nd hit of his B command normals plays after the opponent is hit.
-His Fire Breath doesn't destroy projectiles and for some reason, it can't hit Training when doing the 3 second frame move.
-Banzai Bill also can't destroy projectiles (It's odd a large bullet can go through any projectile and not destroy them).
-The hitspark and guard spark on Chargin Chuck is misaligned when it makes contact with the opponent.
-It's cool you added counter messages for the Charged Punch. However, it should do more because each punch almost does the same amount of damage and has little to no variation. Here's what I feel each one should do:

TOO BAD... = Very little damage like a taunt, doesn't knock the opponent down and barley moving an inch.
OK = Low damage, doesn't knock the opponent down and pushes the opponent a few pixels.
GOOD! = Medium damage and knocks the opponent down.
GREAT! = Medium damage and knocks the opponent farther away.
EXCELLENT! = High damage and makes the opponent bounce on the wall (Good for air combos).

Just wondering, but have you updated Shovel Knight and Weiss yet? Weiss hasn't have her portraits fixed yet like Blake did and Shovel Knight has been ignored for quite a while. He also doesn't have the portrait used in Blade Strangers. I hope you come back to them sometime.
thanks it is good to know that the problems are more about the details such as the sound or the damage of the attacks, I will correct them when I have time
as for shovel knight I was waiting for an AI to come out like Gunvolt that will also have an update
and as for Blake and Weiss, more updates are going to come out, I'm not going to get an update all the time and more if it's something like changing the portraits there has to be something else but they will have some changes
#28  September 29, 2019, 05:50:24 am
    • Argentina
new uptade coming soon
Re: Bowser v2.0
#29  October 21, 2019, 06:23:05 am
    • Argentina
new update in the first post
#30  October 21, 2019, 09:26:38 am
    • USA
Just tested this update and I feel like this update broke more things than fixing them:
-When the opponent is caught by a standing throw, there are still on the animation of when they are (I don't ever remember this happening on the previous update):

-The position on the opponent on a running throw is misaligned.
-Running B has no dust effect and has a misplaced landing effect.
-The stomp effect can be heard and envshake shakes twice if Bowser jumps over the opponent and lands behind them.
-Depending on the opponent's hitbox, Fly Guy drops the bomb too early and can miss the opponent (If they are blocking, it won't even hit at all).
-Charged Punch feels very nerfed as I'm getting more "TOO BAD..." than normal (In fact, it works nothing like the way I imagined it).
-Level 3 portrait is misaligned and should be in the middle.
-Counter message doesn't appear if they hit by Fireball, Fly Guy and Piranha Plant while they are attacking.
-Chargin Chuck completely goes though the Training while he attacks.
-I accidentally reset the round while performing The Grand Finale and the stage got bugged (There's no way to fix unless you quit).
-Ultra Burst text is misaligned (It's supposed to be (-3,43) so it's aligned with the other text).
-The Y axis of the ! sprite is 58 (OHMSBY has his set on 59).

These feedback are also missed:

Was this update rushed? Because there is little to no effort on it at all other than adding the new Burst system. The last update felt like one, but this one is sloppy.
#31  October 26, 2019, 07:49:22 pm
    • Argentina
Just tested this update and I feel like this update broke more things than fixing them:
-When the opponent is caught by a standing throw, there are still on the animation of when they are (I don't ever remember this happening on the previous update):

I thought I had fixed it strangely, that happened to me the first time I added the code

-Running B has no dust effect and has a misplaced landing effect.
-Depending on the opponent's hitbox, Fly Guy drops the bomb too early and can miss the opponent (If they are blocking, it won't even hit at all).
-Level 3 portrait is misaligned and should be in the middle.
-I accidentally reset the round while performing The Grand Finale and the stage got bugged (There's no way to fix unless you quit).
-Ultra Burst text is misaligned (It's supposed to be (-3,43) so it's aligned with the other text).
-The Y axis of the ! sprite is 58 (OHMSBY has his set on 59).
fixed

#32  November 08, 2019, 07:26:27 pm
Aesthetic alone has made this the best mugen bowser ever. Looking forward to more Nintendo characters from you
#33  June 09, 2020, 05:10:47 am
    • Argentina
new update coming soon
He have new animations, and two updates in the gameplay, when the ultra burst is activated he can make stronger versions of the supers as seen in the video (I will also include that in my other chars), only for super mario bros characters, like in super smash bros melee / ultimate, now characters can dodge in different directions by holding forward or backward at the start if they dodge in midair
#34  June 09, 2020, 02:45:48 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
How nice that you update this char.
You are doing a good job as with Mario & Luigi.
#35  July 12, 2020, 11:31:15 pm
    • Argentina
I had not added it before because I had an error but I was able to correct it, I haven't finished updating it yet
Re: Bowser v2.7
#36  August 27, 2020, 10:07:11 pm
    • Argentina
New update
#37  August 28, 2020, 04:13:57 am
The move set is already kinda limited due to the source of the sprites but you did a good job bringing them to life especially with the randomization of the attack helpers like the shy guys. Are you saving the Bowser intro demonstration for the Mario and Luigi releases?
#38  August 28, 2020, 11:59:43 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

I really like the new stuff! Your Bowser gets even better bro.
#39  August 29, 2020, 04:03:01 am
    • USA
Here's feedback:
-Counter message doesn't appear if the opponent gets hit by EX Fireball, Fly Guy, Piranha Plant, Banzai Bill and Shy Guy Airtub DX while they are attacking.
-Chargin Chuck still passes right though Training while he attacks.
-Fly Guy should have an actual explosion sound effect instead of a hit sound when the bomb explodes.
-Fire Breath and Double Fire Breath passes right though Training while he attacks (So I can't tell whether there's a counter message or not).
-The flame effect still plays when rapid canceling in the middle of Fire Breath and Double Fire Breath.
-Banzai Bill now destroys projectiles (Which is good), but will go though the opponent after hitting them (Same with Shy Guy Airtub DX).
-EX Fireball has a large explosion when it makes contact like Fly Guy, but not on the air version.
-EX Fireball doesn't have a explosion sound effect when it explodes like Fly Guy's bomb explosion.
-Not sure if it's intentional, but the EX Air Fireball doesn't have a normal ground shockwave and sound effect like the normal air versions (He gets out of the state for this move and falls to the ground normally).

Overall, this update is a major improvement over the last one. The Charged Punch now has variation, it's works good enough. To get an idea how to fix the issues why certain moves of Bowser goes though Training, this is what OHMSBY told me while I was testing his Susano'o as he had a similar issue before:
This was due to a typo in the code. Just about all of the attacks have two hitdefs, one with "enemynear,movetype != A" (opponent is not attacking) and another with "enemynear,movetype = A" (opponent is attacking). In the 5B auto combo, the exclamation point in the second hitdef was not removed, so it led to it only hitting the opponent when they are not attacking.
Hope that helps and gives you an idea. It's not exactly finished yet, but you're getting closer there.
#40  September 01, 2021, 03:23:45 am
    • Argentina
Here's feedback:
-Counter message doesn't appear if the opponent gets hit by EX Fireball, Fly Guy, Piranha Plant, Banzai Bill and Shy Guy Airtub DX while they are attacking.
-Chargin Chuck still passes right though Training while he attacks.
-Fly Guy should have an actual explosion sound effect instead of a hit sound when the bomb explodes.
-Fire Breath and Double Fire Breath passes right though Training while he attacks (So I can't tell whether there's a counter message or not).
-The flame effect still plays when rapid canceling in the middle of Fire Breath and Double Fire Breath.
-Banzai Bill now destroys projectiles (Which is good), but will go though the opponent after hitting them (Same with Shy Guy Airtub DX).
-EX Fireball has a large explosion when it makes contact like Fly Guy, but not on the air version.
-EX Fireball doesn't have a explosion sound effect when it explodes like Fly Guy's bomb explosion.
-Not sure if it's intentional, but the EX Air Fireball doesn't have a normal ground shockwave and sound effect like the normal air versions (He gets out of the state for this move and falls to the ground normally).

Overall, this update is a major improvement over the last one. The Charged Punch now has variation, it's works good enough. To get an idea how to fix the issues why certain moves of Bowser goes though Training, this is what OHMSBY told me while I was testing his Susano'o as he had a similar issue before:
This was due to a typo in the code. Just about all of the attacks have two hitdefs, one with "enemynear,movetype != A" (opponent is not attacking) and another with "enemynear,movetype = A" (opponent is attacking). In the 5B auto combo, the exclamation point in the second hitdef was not removed, so it led to it only hitting the opponent when they are not attacking.
Hope that helps and gives you an idea. It's not exactly finished yet, but you're getting closer there.

thanks i will review everything I am working on version 3.0