YesNoOk

Iori updated (08/18/2019) (Read 19120 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, August 15, 2019, 07:35:44 pm
Share this topic:
Iori updated (08/18/2019)
#1  August 15, 2019, 07:35:44 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany

About the modes:
- Regular Mode is inspired on CvS2 and KoF '98 in terms of movesets. The moves behave just like in CvS2, but new moves like 311 Shiki: Tsumagushi or Chi no Bousou are accurate to SvC: Chaos (having autoguard and being a reversal).
- Orochi Mode is entirely based on CvS2 + his Exceed from SvC: Chaos.
- EX Mode is inspired on KoF '99-2001 and XIII, but tries to be consistent with the adaptations that Capcom made for Iori in CvS2.

Plans for the future:
- Add flame particles during the dizzy state of Ya Sakazuki. They're not added just yet because of a bug that I can't seem to erase.
- Add variations for some of the moves depending on the mode. EX Yami Barai may hit OTG (Orochi Mode, from '97), or stun the P2 (EX Mode, from XIII). MAX Ya Otome may have different animations depending on the mode too.
- Orochi Mode is not set in stone. Right now is supposed to be accurate to CvS2, a game where he has a limited moveset. I might add Ya Sakazuki just like in SvC: Chaos and his alternate throw from said game.

Enjoy!

Spoiler: Iori (click to see content)
Spoiler: Blanka (click to see content)
Spoiler: Genjuro Kibagami (click to see content)
Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 04:15:47 am by CharmaKarmeleon
Re: Iori released, Genjuro Kibagami and Blanka updated
#2  August 15, 2019, 07:39:17 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Dunno why but I expected a Shermie, maybe it's just becuase you said you thought about making one in your WIP thread or your Avatar because you had a Blanka plush one when you were developing Blanka.
I'll still see what this dude is like though.

Edit with feedback:
- Is there any reason for an EX Kuzukaze, becuase there isn't any noticeable difference compared to the normal one.
- Shouldn't there be a combo from Tsumagushi into Aoi Hana?
- The flame explosion at the end of the LVL1 Ya Otome when connected to Iori himself comes out a bit too late.
- The Flame pillar comes out too soon during the San Shingi no Ni.
- Why not add the grunts from SVC Chaos during the Chi no Bousou.
- Some non-CVS2 samples are a bit too quiet.
- Shouldn't the Ya Sakazuki travel until it hits the player, or is that just a buff for other versions of this guy? Speaking of, the AI using it could be better, maybe after blocking or far away where he'll release when the enemy comes close? I tested it against Jmm's Kyo and he kept doing it up close where he'd be vulnerable to sweep kicks and other such moves.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 08:57:41 pm by RagingRowen
#3  August 15, 2019, 08:21:33 pm
  • - Mugen & Ikemen Designer -
    • Argentina
I appreciate the hard work on your chars, keep going with the good stuff!
#4  August 15, 2019, 08:33:15 pm
Holly hell that Iori is awesome ! Good job !
I really like the attention to details, the DF kick hyper for EX Iori behaves exactly as in the kof games.
The rekas being slower as well, they look exactly like CVS2 from what I can tell and it easier to follow up. great stuff.

Is it me or the hyper orb should be on his other arm ?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Nitpicks aside, awesome release !
Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 08:43:57 pm by PeXXeR
#5  August 15, 2019, 08:58:29 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Tested for a while, can't tell anything wrong about the gameplay & aesthetics. The only thing I think is worth mention (and you can ignore if you want, it's just my opinion) is Orochi Iori have his defense too low. It is probably like that in CvS2 as the playable bosses have low defense, but consider having this only for when controlled by the player, similar to what I did with my Shin Akuma, it feels more like you're playing a boss char.

Now for comments, great release, wasn't expecting you'd come with Iori. The accuracy to source in your chars is insane. Thank you for sharing!
#6  August 15, 2019, 11:34:59 pm
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
Kind of agree with O. Iori's defense being a little low (especially since his attack is weaker than normal Iori, as per source).  But, I just figure high risk high reward, since he is faster.  I'm sort of on the fence for this one.

Forgot to mention earlier, he still needs a better damage damper.   127 Shiki: Aoi Hana, for example, doesn't start getting hit with a dampener unless there's at least a 4-hit combo before it (6-hit combo if all 3 hits are to be dampened).  Right now, I can do the following:

J.HP -> LP -> C.HP -> EX 127 Shiki: Aoi Hana -> 108 Shiki: Yami Barai -> EX 212 Shiki: Kototsuki In = 569 damage.  That's pretty good for 1 bar of meter.
Even a simpler one J.HP -> C.HP -> EX 127 Shiki: Aoi Hana -> 108 Shiki: Yami Barai = 477 is done with just 1/2 a bar of meter.
#7  August 16, 2019, 12:23:53 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
A minor issue, but I find it odd you haven't changed the author's name on the def to your newer spelling for Blanka and Genjiro (One has the opposite spelling and the other one as well but with a space in it). You should keep it the same so it's consistent for special intros and such. I remember DeathScythe saying he wants to make an special intro against Blanka on his Ingrid and would suck if it turned out different, causing the intro to not play.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#8  August 16, 2019, 02:39:09 am
  • Was it something I said?
A more CvS2 Iori? Interesting. Here's my input.

Normal
-No Intro clip for Iori in his intro vs Dictator? I'd say add an extra state for that intro so you get that feel.
-Why does EX 100 Shiki: Oniyaki do 98 damage? Shouldn't it be 84?
-I assume the hitbox for the beginning of 311 Shiki: Tsumagushi is a point for distance or something?
-If an opponent hits Iori while he's in Chi no Bousou really close, it cause them to spaz out, moving left and right until the slash part actually begins.

Orochi
-All of the gethit parts are the Normal versions. If you want to look at my code at what I did for mine, you can do so. It gets most of the problems out (besides custom hits, so you may want to make a separate SFF just for Orochi mode if you want a separate slot for him. I know it takes up a good chunk of bytes, but I'd say it's worth it.
-Medium Punch into Ge Shiki: Goufu In "Shinigame" makes him go back into Normal mode, then back into Orochi mode.
-San Shingi no Ni should have some weight into it. Some EnvShakes should do the trick. Also, it should make the opponent fly farther than just right in front of him.

EX Mode
-Same issue as San Shingi no NI for Ura 316 Shiki: Saika. The last part should make them fly instead of just going down.
-Only the first part activates the final part of the Ura 1207 Shiki: Yamisogi according to KoF XIII.
-Why does Ura 1029 Shiki: Homurabotogi make him fly so high up? It just makes the move similar to M. Bison's Psycho Punisher from SFIV, It should be him going forward until he lands on the ground.

You did well, and made me realize I should update my own Iori sometime.
#9  August 16, 2019, 02:39:13 pm
Dunno why but I expected a Shermie, maybe it's just becuase you said you thought about making one in your WIP thread or your Avatar because you had a Blanka plush one when you were developing Blanka.

so it is one of them:
What's planned for the next char? If you even have any rn.
Not 100% sure. Maybe a grappler from SNK? Shermie? Would also be really cool to make a character with some kind of gimmick. Maybe Chang feat. Choi from CvS2? I want to use the next 2-3 characters as learning experience. Then again in two weeks I could be like: OK let's make Alice from KoFXIV using POKET's sprites. Or Iori. Dunno.
:mlol:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#10  August 16, 2019, 04:33:24 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Let's keep the release thread on topic please
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#11  August 16, 2019, 09:24:18 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Yeah I’m getting tired of having to remind the same people to stop discussing other characters on release threads.
#12  August 16, 2019, 10:22:13 pm
When you do the rekas and then to the column hyper the op will go underground a bit.

The purple cloud after the hyper on Iori's face is a bit too much, why not keep it just on the OP?

More nitpicks. I suggest moving the orb on his hand.

Gonna smash arcade with him tomorrow if I find anything funny thats not posted here, ill post it.
Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:28:39 pm by PeXXeR
#13  August 16, 2019, 10:30:04 pm
    • Germany
It was a bait haha.

- Is there any reason for an EX Kuzukaze, becuase there isn't any noticeable difference compared to the normal one.
- Yes, stuns enemy for longer and has startup invincibility.
- Shouldn't there be a combo from Tsumagushi into Aoi Hana?
- No, I mean yes but no. There's games like XIV where you can Tsumagushi into Aoi Hana, but in SvC: Chaos you can't do that in favour of the move gaining projectile autoguard. In SvC the move is quite good because of that.
- The flame explosion at the end of the LVL1 Ya Otome when connected to Iori himself comes out a bit too late.
- I get what you saying, but it's like that on source.
- The Flame pillar comes out too soon during the San Shingi no Ni.
- Fixed.
- Why not add the grunts from SVC Chaos during the Chi no Bousou.
- Wooops, fixed.
- Some non-CVS2 samples are a bit too quiet.
- Is there any way to fix that from code? If not, do you happen to know any sound editor to have the samples in an homogeneous volume? I'm interested on solving this issue but I don't have the knowledge just yet.
- Shouldn't the Ya Sakazuki travel until it hits the player, or is that just a buff for other versions of this guy? Speaking of, the AI using it could be better, maybe after blocking or far away where he'll release when the enemy comes close? I tested it against Jmm's Kyo and he kept doing it up close where he'd be vulnerable to sweep kicks and other such moves.
- If THINK it goes full screen un 2k3. And in '98 the small projectile travels distance depending on button pressed. Of course this is coded to match CvS2, where the move behaves as programmed. Not gonna lie: Iori's lvl 1 supers (normal mode) are not that strong because they're not that strong in source. Ofc is compensated by the agressive rushdown game that it has going for when close. And yes, AI overall needs tweaking tho if I have to be honest, he should not use lvl 1 Ya Sakazuki at all.

Thanks for the feedback!

I appreciate the hard work on your chars, keep going with the good stuff!

Thanks.

Holly hell that Iori is awesome ! Good job !
I really like the attention to details, the DF kick hyper for EX Iori behaves exactly as in the kof games.
The rekas being slower as well, they look exactly like CVS2 from what I can tell and it easier to follow up. great stuff.

Is it me or the hyper orb should be on his other arm ?

Nitpicks aside, awesome release !
- Yes it should. Fixed.

Thanks!

Tested for a while, can't tell anything wrong about the gameplay & aesthetics. The only thing I think is worth mention (and you can ignore if you want, it's just my opinion) is Orochi Iori have his defense too low. It is probably like that in CvS2 as the playable bosses have low defense, but consider having this only for when controlled by the player, similar to what I did with my Shin Akuma, it feels more like you're playing a boss char.

Now for comments, great release, wasn't expecting you'd come with Iori. The accuracy to source in your chars is insane. Thank you for sharing!

I THINK he has even lower life values in CvS2 haha. I'm using Jmorphman's Violent Ken values IIRC. However the idea of giving him the values only when controlled by player is a good idea. Added.

Thanks!

Kind of agree with O. Iori's defense being a little low (especially since his attack is weaker than normal Iori, as per source).  But, I just figure high risk high reward, since he is faster.  I'm sort of on the fence for this one.
I mean yeah the movement buff is huge when considering how agressive Iori is when close, mainly because of the command grab.

Forgot to mention earlier, he still needs a better damage damper.   127 Shiki: Aoi Hana, for example, doesn't start getting hit with a dampener unless there's at least a 4-hit combo before it (6-hit combo if all 3 hits are to be dampened).  Right now, I can do the following:

J.HP -> LP -> C.HP -> EX 127 Shiki: Aoi Hana -> 108 Shiki: Yami Barai -> EX 212 Shiki: Kototsuki In = 569 damage.  That's pretty good for 1 bar of meter.
Even a simpler one J.HP -> C.HP -> EX 127 Shiki: Aoi Hana -> 108 Shiki: Yami Barai = 477 is done with just 1/2 a bar of meter.
I hear you on this one, and I still have issues with the damage dampener for EX Aoi Hana. I fixed it and by now the 569 combo is doing 425 (and the 477 is doing 371). Right now the dampener kicks as soon as Iori hits the launcher on Aoi Hana (being consistent with Jmorphman's combo extenders). I might just have it kicking when in Aoi Hana after 3 hitcounts.
A minor issue, but I find it odd you haven't changed the author's name on the def to your newer spelling for Blanka and Genjiro (One has the opposite spelling and the other one as well but with a space in it). You should keep it the same so it's consistent for special intros and such. I remember DeathScythe saying he wants to make an special intro against Blanka on his Ingrid and would suck if it turned out different, causing the intro to not play.
Hahaha, but it's my gimmick. When I got better at detecting p2 position I'll code the intro and pass it to him so there's no deal.
-No Intro clip for Iori in his intro vs Dictator? I'd say add an extra state for that intro so you get that feel.
- What do you mean by intro clip? You reminded me that I did not posted the intro patch for Froz's Dictator!
-Why does EX 100 Shiki: Oniyaki do 98 damage? Shouldn't it be 84?
- For me is doing 154, weird. Any context?
-I assume the hitbox for the beginning of 311 Shiki: Tsumagushi is a point for distance or something?
- Nope, is for the ReversalDef. In SvC: Chaos he has an autoguard hitbox that destroy projectiles when in the air. But I just noticed I fucked up the reversal.attr so the move is not working as it should haha.
-If an opponent hits Iori while he's in Chi no Bousou really close, it cause them to spaz out, moving left and right until the slash part actually begins.
- Thanks for pointing this out, this is the one bug I can't seem to fix rn. But working on it.

Orochi
-All of the gethit parts are the Normal versions. If you want to look at my code at what I did for mine, you can do so. It gets most of the problems out (besides custom hits, so you may want to make a separate SFF just for Orochi mode if you want a separate slot for him. I know it takes up a good chunk of bytes, but I'd say it's worth it.
- I don't have problems with using codes from other people but I avoid doing it if I don't understand the code itself. The main problem right now is that I don't seem to get how to override states that are hard coded into the engine. alternate .sff is not worth it IMO, tho the sprites (and the animations) are there so it's just changing the values on the .air.
-Medium Punch into Ge Shiki: Goufu In "Shinigame" makes him go back into Normal mode, then back into Orochi mode.
- Good find, fixed.
-San Shingi no Ni should have some weight into it. Some EnvShakes should do the trick. Also, it should make the opponent fly farther than just right in front of him.
- I feel you, but having EnvShakes before the final explosion makes the final explosion less impactful. I still dunno how I'll tackle the visuals on this move. For the moment I'll keep it as it is. Fixed the vels.

EX Mode
-Same issue as San Shingi no NI for Ura 316 Shiki: Saika. The last part should make them fly instead of just going down.
- Fixed.
-Only the first part activates the final part of the Ura 1207 Shiki: Yamisogi according to KoF XIII.
- Is a mix of his 2k version with his XIII version. On 2000 he does the whole thing.
-Why does Ura 1029 Shiki: Homurabotogi make him fly so high up? It just makes the move similar to M. Bison's Psycho Punisher from SFIV, It should be him going forward until he lands on the ground.
- While the visuals on the success part of Homurabotogi are from XIII, the attempt part is actually based on Chi no Bousou from NGBC. This is because I think that Homurabotogi was nerfed to be way too telegraphed on XIII. Besides, I can actually get data from NGBC due to the tool made by Vans, but I can't get anything from XIII.

You did well, and made me realize I should update my own Iori sometime.
You should! Thanks for the feedback. I might PM you soon about a proposal.

I'll adress PeXXeR feedback later  :pirate:
#14  August 16, 2019, 10:39:11 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Also forgot to mention in my previous post, you could use better values for head and mid pos (in constants), they are a bit off.

Edit: oh and looking at your new post, there is audacity, which have an option called "amplify" that make the sound as loud as possible without clipping (aka distorting the audio), if you use this option for the sound files they should be almost at the same volume. This option will increase the volume if its too quiet or decrease if is too loud, it automatically detect the volume for you but you can adjust how much you want to increase or decrease.
Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:46:11 pm by DeathScythe
#15  August 16, 2019, 11:13:23 pm
You addressed 1 on of them in your post.I don't know though, it still looks weird. Looking forward to the update.
#16  August 17, 2019, 06:08:28 am
  • Was it something I said?
- What do you mean by intro clip? You reminded me that I did not posted the intro patch for Froz's Dictator!
-What I mean is here at 0:42:

- For me is doing 154, weird. Any context?
-Just using MUGEN 1.1 if that helps. Nothing out of the ordinary unless it's Orochi (which his defense is lower, so that makes sense.)
- Nope, is for the ReversalDef. In SvC: Chaos he has an autoguard hitbox that destroy projectiles when in the air. But I just noticed I fucked up the reversal.attr so the move is not working as it should haha.
That's interesting to note.

Orochi
- I don't have problems with using codes from other people but I avoid doing it if I don't understand the code itself. The main problem right now is that I don't seem to get how to override states that are hard coded into the engine. alternate .sff is not worth it IMO, tho the sprites (and the animations) are there so it's just changing the values on the .air.
That's understandable. I still have that hard time to override states that are hard coded into the engine. I just figured it would be an alternate solution.
- I feel you, but having EnvShakes before the final explosion makes the final explosion less impactful. I still dunno how I'll tackle the visuals on this move. For the moment I'll keep it as it is. Fixed the vels.
-Then I'd say do it for the slam down, then the final explosion. That should satisfy at least.

EX Mode
- While the visuals on the success part of Homurabotogi are from XIII, the attempt part is actually based on Chi no Bousou from NGBC. This is because I think that Homurabotogi was nerfed to be way too telegraphed on XIII. Besides, I can actually get data from NGBC due to the tool made by Vans, but I can't get anything from XIII.
I'm not sure on NGBC's version of Chi no Bousou, but to me it seems they'd have to stay very still or something along that for it to work imo. With XIII, it's more of a straight hop, but I get where you're coming from.

I've also seen this video on XIII's EX Iori here if you want to get a general idea on it's own version.

Re: Iori updated (08/18/2019)
#17  August 19, 2019, 04:18:46 am
    • Germany
Iori was updated! I adressed most of the stuff pointed out on the topic minus the volume voices and the visual bug on P2 when hits when Chi no Bousou is triggered really close.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to see content)

At some point I'll release a patch for Froz's Vega for the special intro a couple of edits I need to finish.
#18  August 19, 2019, 08:57:40 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Found a small issue regarding Iori's intro with Dictator. I was using EX Iori instead of the main one, added your current name into Vega's intro states against him and the Vega's intro still did not play against him. Turns out the author name was wrong and the def files for his 3 separate forms are still using the old one. Why did you still leave them for those ones? You don't need 3 different author names of the same person just for the same character to play. Please tell me this isn't intentional and one of your "gimmicks" too.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#19  August 19, 2019, 08:43:05 pm
Found this too.
This is veryyy nitpicky though.

Thanks for the updates !
#20  August 19, 2019, 08:45:10 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home