YesNoOk

Joker (Update 8/31/2019) (Read 18380 times)

Started by Mr. Giang, August 27, 2019, 01:47:41 pm
Share this topic:
Joker (Update 8/31/2019)
#1  August 27, 2019, 01:47:41 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 01:51:46 pm by Mr. Giang
Re: Joker
#2  August 27, 2019, 01:58:26 pm
  • Was it something I said?
They never saw the smiles coming.

Looks pretty great. :D
#3  August 27, 2019, 02:57:58 pm
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Now this here man... You gotta good thing going here bro. Very excited to see this. I'll check him out when I he the chance to
#4  August 27, 2019, 03:01:03 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
looks dope,imma grab him,I have been wondering who's next?  anyone on your mind
#5  August 28, 2019, 12:10:40 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Giang this is dope dude! Awesome job!
#6  August 28, 2019, 03:15:24 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
looks dope,imma grab him,I have been wondering who's next?  anyone on your mind

Ehm, I probably go back to do weeb stuff again.
Just a disclaimer: Apparently, there are a few infinites with Bomb Away combo and d.Z as well as a few problems with sprite transparency for 1.0 version but atm, my laptop is dead so I can't fix them for a while. Abuse the infinite to your heart content and win a few games before I fix it .
#7  August 28, 2019, 03:59:24 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Great release Giang, and thank you very much! I was hoping that we'd get to see a Joker from you someday. I've come to truly appreciate your characters and edits, and really like the new feel you give each character. I like all of your characters, but I really appreciate when you make comic book characters such as this. Also, I gotta say, you create thee coolest fricken hyper background effects.

My only feedback (and suggestions) for Joker is:

- his pistol special attack does not hit any opponent that is shorter than the bullet trajectory line. That makes sense, but that renders it unreliable. Maybe with the version where he shoots 3 times, you could make the 2nd bullet shoot a little lower and possibly hit crouched or at least somewhat shorter enemies (Goku by Vyn for example). It would make sense because most people can't shoot in a perfectly straight line 3 times in row in quick succession.

- Also, is there any chance we could get his old school launcher back as the crouching HP attack? I definitely love his new Boxing Glove launcher, but it would be awesome to have 2 launcher attacks, but with different properties. Similar to how Mortal Kombat/Injustice has the wall bounce/meter burn launchers, and they also have their uppercut attacks or attacks that cause bounce aka launcher.

- With his Boxing Glove launcher/Wall Bounce, it would be nice if you could allow player control a few ticks sooner so that we could forward dash sooner and then jump up and catch the falling air opponent. You can still do it now, but it would be nice if it wasn't as time constrained as it currently is. I know you can catch them without jumping, but for the sake of options and mixing it up, it would be nice to be able jump and catch them as well.

- It would be pretty cool if he had a reload system, and had to reload after 6-12 shots. To make it interesting though, instead of doing it normal where you just have to push a button to reload, you could make it so that Joker has to land his grab attack, and after beating the opponent with his crowbar, he will automatically reload if his gun is empty. It would be cool, and it would look cool seeing him reload quickly while the opponent is on the ground recovering from having the shit beat out of him with a crowbar.

These are just my opinions and ideas from a gameplay perspective, not a technical/coding one. Anyways, thank you very much yet again. Also, I released a bunch of portraits recently, which includes some Joker portraits that I made in the hopes that you would make a Joker someday, and today you have. Just saying. ;D

Just for fun, my dream list of future Giang characters (and R@CE and Infinite):
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#8  August 28, 2019, 05:58:58 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
There seems to be an oversight for his "Not So Funny Is It?" lv3 hyper where the FX won't show up eventually if a round goes on for long enough. Maybe it's some sort thing with the explods/helpers reaching a limit?
#9  August 28, 2019, 12:22:43 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam

- his pistol special attack does not hit any opponent that is shorter than the bullet trajectory line. That makes sense, but that renders it unreliable. Maybe with the version where he shoots 3 times, you could make the 2nd bullet shoot a little lower and possibly hit crouched or at least somewhat shorter enemies (Goku by Vyn for example). It would make sense because most people can't shoot in a perfectly straight line 3 times in row in quick succession. 

It is intended as in Injustice 2, the gunshot tends to whiff against crouching opponents. That being said, I forgot to take how inconsistent hurt anim's hitboxes of most MUGEN characters are into consideration and this will probably get a small change to make the shoot consistent.

- Also, is there any chance we could get his old school launcher back as the crouching HP attack? I definitely love his new Boxing Glove launcher, but it would be awesome to have 2 launcher attacks, but with different properties. Similar to how Mortal Kombat/Injustice has the wall bounce/meter burn launchers, and they also have their uppercut attacks or attacks that cause bounce aka launcher. 

Bounce and launcher are different things though. Also, I don't feel a launcher would fit Joker as he has no 1-button normal launcher in Injustice/DCvMK (as far as I know) and it would be kinda out of place to give a character without any real martial training or superpower in source a launcher. If you really need a launcher, use Gun Shot Z.

- With his Boxing Glove launcher/Wall Bounce, it would be nice if you could allow player control a few ticks sooner so that we could forward dash sooner and then jump up and catch the falling air opponent. You can still do it now, but it would be nice if it wasn't as time constrained as it currently is. I know you can catch them without jumping, but for the sake of options and mixing it up, it would be nice to be able jump and catch them as well. 

Nope. I intend to give Joker significantly more ground-based combo routes compared to other characters of mine. If his Boxing Glove/Heavy attack hits, he already has a lot of options to go:
- Canceling into Magic Trick shenanigans.
- Linking into a jump into Bomb Away to extend combo.
- Canceling into Teeth, potentially to make the combo longer or set up a decent unblockable with Crowbar.
- Linking into run into a combo string in a certain distance.
Given how ridiculous his Glove is as a normal, I don't think it really need a recovery buff. You can do a lot of stuff with it and stronger, longer combos do deserve to be harder to be performed via linking.

- It would be pretty cool if he had a reload system, and had to reload after 6-12 shots. To make it interesting though, instead of doing it normal where you just have to push a button to reload, you could make it so that Joker has to land his grab attack, and after beating the opponent with his crowbar, he will automatically reload if his gun is empty. It would be cool, and it would look cool seeing him reload quickly while the opponent is on the ground recovering from having the shit beat out of him with a crowbar.

While it is cool, the Gunshot is not exactly too powerful to be limited (even in Injustice, this is also not really a thing). Also, it would require extra sprites, which unfortunately isn't available for me.
Also, I do consider working on these characters at some point (except Wolvenom, which I prefer to use him as a Tag Hyper).

There seems to be an oversight for his "Not So Funny Is It?" lv3 hyper where the FX won't show up eventually if a round goes on for long enough. Maybe it's some sort thing with the explods/helpers reaching a limit?

Uhg, I will take a look into this asap.

Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 01:13:39 pm by Mr. Giang
#10  August 28, 2019, 01:44:55 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Would it be possible for you to keep an alternate cmd that doesnt have explod buffer? just in case since you add it to all your characters and it kinda confuses me when I wanna mess with the character,unless he already has it then ignore me
#11  August 28, 2019, 11:58:42 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Ehm, that would be out of picture, sorry about it.
#12  August 29, 2019, 12:14:04 am
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
And I thought this was Persona 5 Joker.
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#13  August 29, 2019, 02:18:23 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
@Mr. Giang
Sound good to everything you said, it all made good sense. I don't need him to have 2 launchers either, I just liked his upwards card slash animation that he had that was his original launcher, and thought it would be cool if he still had a use for it. He's totally fine without it though, and the boxing glove is pretty dang versatile like you said. Anyways, I trust your judgement, and I'm happy with him whether you change him or not. Thanks again.
Re: Joker (Update 8/31/2019)
#14  August 31, 2019, 01:52:41 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Update:
- Fixed transparency-related problems.
- Fixed a glitch which makes FX unable to be played after a certain timer.
- The Killing Joke no longer can be looped.
- Bomb Away now has y.vel decay applied to opponents (aka the more the bomb hits, the less the opponent will be launched).
#15  September 02, 2019, 02:26:05 pm
  • The Prince Of Frost Demon
  • Minecraft Player & MUGEN Fan
    • USA
Can You Make Spider Man Far From Home Spider-Man And Mysterio Please.
#16  September 03, 2019, 01:32:18 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
No.
#17  September 04, 2019, 07:15:15 am
Nice joker. I will use it.
Thank you.
#18  September 05, 2019, 05:19:02 am
wow! it appeared at the right time to enjoy the cue of the new Joker movie.
#19  October 05, 2019, 11:49:24 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

So, i watched the movie, it's fuckin' amazing! Why not did a proper test of the best Joker for MUGEN? :P
#20  October 06, 2019, 11:02:58 pm
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
You should put this amount of love into your Batman. His hitsparks and gameplay need an update.