YesNoOk

CvS2 Shimo [Using Jesuszilla's latest CvS2 system] (Read 153228 times)

Started by extravagant, August 28, 2019, 01:55:08 am
Share this topic:
CvS2 Shimo [Using Jesuszilla's latest CvS2 system]
#1  August 28, 2019, 01:55:08 am
    • USA
Hello all, I've been working tirelessly the last few months on a bunch of projects. Recently was able to receive some mentoring on Jesuszilla's CvS2 templates. I must say, this project CvS2 Shimo was literally only worked on for about 6 days, this is my fastest WIP yet, and she's 98% done. I can't believe I did it, but it wouldn't be without the help of Jesuszilla for this project and a bunch of other of my good friends.

I'll give credits to PeXXeR cuz he made a joke about me making this character. I had no idea who she was when he mentioned her to me but I searched her up and as a result I have made 2 CvS2 "Yatagarasu" chars.

CvS2 Shimo using Jesuszilla's latest updates in 2021, really is some good stuff. There's Roll Cancel now, and overall his system is really smooth and feels really clean like CvS2. It was very difficult for me to adjust to this style because JZ's coding is on another level beyond mine. So I needed to bug the shit out of him a lot to help me through this. There's tons of updated good stuff. It's just overall smooth and feels good.

https://youtu.be/e2dY_pyZsw4

I have also made a lot of WIPs in the last 5-6 months and I can't wait to release them soon and share with the community. I have like 5 or 6 new chars I am going to release and share, and MANY MANY edits that improved warusaki3's original characters.

Original post about CvS2 Goeniko:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Original post about CvS2 Carol:
Original post about CvS2 Iroha:

Original post about CvS2 Mina:
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 09:20:16 am by extravagant
Re: CvS2 Mina **8 years continuation** lol
#2  August 28, 2019, 04:56:44 am
    • USA
Any particular reason you decided to use the top less version? Are those the newest ones VioFitz did? You’d probably get more help with a CS if it were the clothed version.
#3  August 28, 2019, 05:31:04 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Any particular reason you decided to use the top less version? Are those the newest ones VioFitz did? You’d probably get more help with a CS if it were the clothed version.

It's the old sprites since Vio did ones with her regular clothes, also from what I remember, he did all of her moves in the last sprite set so they might be better with using the newer sprites (even did sprites for her one finisher in that one Queen Blade game).
#4  August 28, 2019, 07:12:36 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Looks pretty cool so far for something that's half-way done and I do favor zoners a lot. If you need any assistance with some character code questions, just hit me up.
#5  August 28, 2019, 05:53:19 pm
    • Mexico
    • rokksoftware.blogspot.com
Mina looks amazing! Are you making a great talk, too bad about the disk failure, it always happens when you have something important and don't make a backup (I hate that!  :'(), try to save for an external hard drive or upload files on a private Internet host like Google Drive or onedrive.
#6  August 28, 2019, 06:24:14 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/

Anybody here a CvS2 player? Like play the actual game? Always looking for people who want to join in. CvS2 Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/116241621909110787/116241621909110787

Just want to say special thanks to VioFitz, Warusaki3, #TrinityMugen, and MFG.
[/quote]

I made some cvs2 chars so  you could add them to your screenpack and put cool videos, also had you code that Mina only with k groove?
#7  August 28, 2019, 07:39:54 pm
    • USA

I made some cvs2 chars so  you could add them to your screenpack and put cool videos, also had you code that Mina only with k groove?

No she is available in all grooves including EX groove using warusaki3 style. Can you send me all of your sprite works? I would love to actually see who I can work on for my next project. Yes I would love to make videos. Send me your stuff some time.

On a side note I am going to update my old CVS Ash Crimson as well.

Looks pretty cool so far for something that's half-way done and I do favor zoners a lot. If you need any assistance with some character code questions, just hit me up.

Thank you I probably will soon! I'm working on some new unfamiliar stuff so I most likely gonna need some help if it pops up.

As for anybody asking about the sprites, guys started on this char in 2008/2009 and this was the only thing available at the time. I had already cropped every sprite, aligned them, animated them, add CLSNs, palettes, and got really far into it. I'm not about to undo all that work. If I do then it's just for color separation. Which it needs badly if anytime wants to help. Two people are better than one. Aside from that I said this Mina can be considered an an alternate version because of her sprites and different play style. I personally love these sprites.
Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 07:45:15 pm by extravagant
#8  August 28, 2019, 07:52:13 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
#9  August 28, 2019, 07:56:05 pm
    • USA
Thanks I'll have a look when I get home from work. I'd like to test them out and give feedback too to help you solidify the char. I play CvS2 for like 14 years now so I know the game really well lol.

There's lots of artists out there that make great conversions but they lack the competitive edge, BnB combos, mixups, and feeling like a fighting character. Just my personal opinion but playing a lot and mixing it in with creating go hand in hand.

Edit: sorry just meant to say I'm excited to test your characters and also see the sprite sheets. Do your characters work in Winmugen?
Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 08:07:16 pm by extravagant
#10  August 28, 2019, 08:18:20 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Yes they do.
#11  August 29, 2019, 03:51:58 pm
    • www.youtube.com/user/anderson505
#12  August 29, 2019, 03:58:29 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
I use the 1.1b1 version and I don't get any problem
Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 04:04:03 pm by demongorne
#13  August 29, 2019, 04:08:41 pm
#14  August 29, 2019, 04:16:56 pm
    • Morocco
Did you try Jesuszilla's patches ? Maybe that'll help
#15  August 29, 2019, 04:22:07 pm
Did you try Jesuszilla's patches ? Maybe that'll help
yes I did
a long time ago jesuszilla said he would remake/update all warusaki3's and h's chars to mugen 1.1
btw I have a good pc
#16  August 30, 2019, 07:23:10 am
    • USA

New Super. Umichimun no Ikari (aka Umichimun's Rage) is her rage super from the SS games.
#17  September 06, 2019, 11:50:37 am
    • USA
Looking for people interested to test out the latest beta. Whoever is interested please let me know. I only need a small few to test it out. Thanks.
#18  September 06, 2019, 06:22:10 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I think I can actually give it a shot.
#19  September 07, 2019, 06:19:35 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Always happy to see good works, in action. Keep up the hard work, just another one of your fan's.
#20  September 18, 2019, 03:57:36 am
    • USA
A mild color separation project for CvS2 Mina.