YesNoOk

VioFitz Mina Majikina CS Help (Read 32345 times)

Started by extravagant, August 28, 2019, 10:38:09 pm
Share this topic:
VioFitz Mina Majikina CS Help
#1  August 28, 2019, 10:38:09 pm
    • USA
Hello I want to color separate VioFitz Mina Majikina (skirtless) sprite set. It was released in a sprite sheet in PNG format and they are cropped sprites. What I need to know is how to CS and what's the best method to do it with what I already got.

I also already have a SFF so should edit from the original spritesheet or just the SFF? Is CS'ing easy? Is there a way to do multiple sprites in batches?

If anyone could just CS one sprite of my character and teach me how to do it from there that would be great. Thanks
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Re: VioFitz Mina Majikina CS Help
#2  August 28, 2019, 10:44:46 pm
    • Morocco
I also already have a SFF so should edit from the original spritesheet or just the SFF? Is CS'ing easy? Is there a way to do multiple sprites in batches?
CS'ing is pretty easy once you get into it,here's the method most people use
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/easy-quick-color-separation-tutorial-149123.msg1734566.html#msg1734566
Is there a way to do multiple sprites in batches?
Sadly such thing doesn't exist
#3  August 28, 2019, 10:45:04 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
#4  August 30, 2019, 07:17:51 am
    • USA
Thanks for the help. I just barely learned but I am still not sure whether I am doing the right thing or not. Nor do I have the time. For example, I need to separate hair, shoes, gloves, clothes, and eyes. However I don't know how to do any of that and looking at all the colors makes me dizzy. Lol. Is anyone up for commission or is anyone up to just showing me how to do one sprite for my character including all the above mentioned objects that would be great.
#5  August 30, 2019, 10:51:48 am
    • USA
Here's a rough sample but I still need help. I want to separate more but I'm not sure how. Can someone help guide me through separating more? Like eyes, hair bow tie, shoes, arm gauntlets, hair, shoes, etc... or if someone can tell me how I can make it better, please do.

#6  August 30, 2019, 10:58:02 am
    • USA
Learning is free.

Alternatively, I do commissions though only advanced separations.
#7  August 30, 2019, 05:53:20 pm
    • USA
What is an advanced separation?
#8  August 30, 2019, 06:06:19 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I think it's just separating the clothes, but advanced is making it so that anything like color separating sleeves and skin shirts depending on the sprites.
#9  August 30, 2019, 11:13:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
back in my times (lol)

regular separation meant just separating colours of parts that exist, while advanced separation meant adding details. So, giving mina leggings (just recoloring the legs) would be regular while giving her shorts would be advanced, as the later requires to consistenly draw the short line.
#10  September 02, 2019, 03:21:16 am
    • USA
I am nowhere near the level of doing advanced separation. but after playing around for a few hours, I am realizing that this is a very important job yet very tedious and extremely sensitive. If I don't get things right, some pixels here and there will not match at all. There could be patches of certain frames having color separation and there could be certain frames where it does not. It's really scary to imagine getting far into this project and having so many mistakes on each sprites. Not sure if this is worth it anymore, but here's a sample.

#11  September 05, 2019, 03:14:02 am
    • USA
It is tedious, not difficult. Start with something easy. Do one limb every other day. As with anything, repetition. It depends on you though, its not something that is necessary, up to you to go above/beyond or be content as is.

A big part of it is wanting to use the naked version, the normal version would be easier, but it must be personal interest?

Start with things that are split between colors. You know not to go beyond the waist and you couldn't if you are using the right tools.