YesNoOk

Super Better Luigi V3 (Remastered) Released! + Super Better Mario updated V3.1 (Read 12641 times)

Started by DS12 Productions, September 22, 2019, 06:52:40 pm
Share this topic:
Super Better Luigi V3 (Remastered) Released! + Super Better Mario updated V3.1
#1  September 22, 2019, 06:52:40 pm
  • DS12's MLG storage full of poyos
    • USA
    • diamondawesomeness.wixsite.com/mugencharsandstages
Wow, that was quicker than my other two W.I.Ps. But I kinda have reasons for getting this out of the way.
It pretty much concerns my life outiside M.U.G.E.N and my stress about it. 
Basically I'll be taking a break from making characters (but I'm NOT stopping it altogether).
If I'm lucky, I'll probably be able to dig into making AI patches, but as of now, I'm kinda having the pressure of doing character creations.
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy these two releases. And don't worry, I'll still be around for you guys even if I'm away.

VIDEO:

DOWNLOADS:
Super Better Luigi V3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N6FONymTlgwNhFqKJR7irB88l9VVIWGV
Super Better Mario V3.1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10T3gHjqEOsEtUureCp_pvKe38afJuKJk

Hope you guys enjoy them!

CHANGELOG (For super better mario):
V1.1: The Bros. Update
-Palettes are now available, thanks to BestGamerReview! What's in them you may ask? Check them out for yourself!
    - Though the custom palettes may mess up some of the individual sprites, and also won't apply to Mario's freeze sprites since the sprite itself isn't "custom palette friendly."
-Added a NEW Crouching Heavy Kick animation
-Added ctrl to airdashes
-Normals can now be cancelled to all specials
-"Mario Finale" proj. now goes faster after a while to prevent infinite hits
-"Mario Finale" proj. damage increased by 2%
-Adjusted crouching medium punch's animation
-Added CLSN2 boxes ontop of CLSN1 boxes each time mario strikes his hand/feet out.
-Added minor cooldown time to fireball (and EX) special to prevent attempted spamming
-Aligned some sprites
-Added missing sounds
-Updated Readme
I like trains :]
Lol JK, I'm only gonna be stalking here, nothing much to do here anyway.
Re: Super Better Luigi V3 (Remastered) Released! + Super Better Mario updated V3.1
#2  September 22, 2019, 07:13:14 pm
    • Brazil
Luigi link is dead.
Re: Super Better Luigi V3 (Remastered) Released! + Super Better Mario updated V3.1
#3  September 22, 2019, 07:58:49 pm
    • USA
#4  September 23, 2019, 03:01:44 am
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
Stone Luigi intro allows your opponent to move and attack leaving poor Luigi vulnerable.
You can chain Stand Z into Dash Attack to stand in mid-air.
The opponent can move during the Brobot cutscene ruining the effects.
Stronger normals are meant to be riskier to use than weaker normals. (Usually done by making stronger attacks slower and weaker attacks faster)
Silverball and Hammer Luigi are impossible to avoid with less versatile characters.
If Ultimate Jump Punch is going to have such an obvious weakness it should have something stronger to compensate so I don't just use one of his other Level 1s.
Luigi has so many moves that some feel redundant when it comes to representing Luigi as a character.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 03:10:09 am by jenngra505
#5  September 23, 2019, 03:32:40 am
    • USA
Stone Luigi intro allows your opponent to move and attack leaving poor Luigi vulnerable.
You can chain Stand Z into Dash Attack to stand in mid-air.
The opponent can move during the Brobot cutscene ruining the effects.
Stronger normals are meant to be riskier to use than weaker normals. (Usually done by making stronger attacks slower and weaker attacks faster)
Silverball and Hammer Luigi are impossible to avoid with less versatile characters.
If Ultimate Jump Punch is going to have such an obvious weakness it should have something stronger to compensate so I don't just use one of his other Level 1s.
Luigi has so many moves that some feel redundant when it comes to representing Luigi as a character.

- I'll fix that
- I'll fix that
- I'll fix that
- They seem slow to me, maybe it's just you.
- I thought hammer luigi was easy to avoid if you stand still. There's a thing called "blocking." But unless if you want me to lower the guard damage then ok, fair enough.
- I don't understand what you mean
- I disagree. I mean, he has most of the hypers that literally come from Luigi from other games. I don't know if you tested the character all the through but that kinda felt like a nitpick.

Thanks for your feedback.
#6  September 23, 2019, 03:59:34 am
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505

- They seem slow to me, maybe it's just you.
- I thought hammer luigi was easy to avoid if you stand still. There's a thing called "blocking." But unless if you want me to lower the guard damage then ok, fair enough.
- I don't understand what you mean
- I disagree. I mean, he has most of the hypers that literally come from Luigi from other games. I don't know if you tested the character all the through but that kinda felt like a nitpick.

Thanks for your feedback.
Had a feeling explaining game design philosophy would be more difficult than reporting bugs.
-You missed the point of this one. All the normals are about the same speed when there should be a risk/reward system for each individual normal. Fighting game experts refer to this system as frame data. (A starting point would be to make the light normals faster and less risky, the medium normals should be kept the same speed and the strong normals made a tad slower)
-Generally having a move that serves as unavoidable damage is considered bad game design
-When you hit an opponent above Luigi with UJP, it only does 25 damage and leaves Luigi extremely open just like in Smash. It should therefore have the heavy hit do as much damage as a move that costs 1500 power.
-While they all reference the source material, some reference the exact same thing when only one of the moves would suffice (for example having both Thunder Blast and Mr. L's Voltage Madness reference the same thunder powers)

Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 04:11:23 am by jenngra505
#7  September 23, 2019, 05:15:17 am
    • USA
Super Better Luigi's been updated for a hotfix:
V1.01: A Green Hotfix
- Shrinked hitboxes for the shockwaves from SilverBall
- Added a Pause effect for the OHKO sequence
- Added "no foreground" for the OHKO sequence
- Added a new victory Portrait
- Fixed aerial bug with dash attack and standing heavy attack

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n8OQ0jIZAF8OPDe8e3jjuFBErSKd4IIf
#8  September 24, 2019, 04:26:14 pm
    • Brazil
Super Better Luigi's been updated for a hotfix:
V1.01: A Green Hotfix
- Shrinked hitboxes for the shockwaves from SilverBall
- Added a Pause effect for the OHKO sequence
- Added "no foreground" for the OHKO sequence
- Added a new victory Portrait
- Fixed aerial bug with dash attack and standing heavy attack

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n8OQ0jIZAF8OPDe8e3jjuFBErSKd4IIf
Dude, update the first post, I know you provided another link but the dead one is still up there.
#9  September 24, 2019, 07:23:10 pm
    • USA
So you haven’t realized I can’t edit or delete posts at all?
Also, that dead link is NOT the hot fix. Click the second post’s link already and stop paying attention to the first post.
#10  September 24, 2019, 07:25:44 pm
    • USA
So you haven’t realized I can’t edit or delete posts at all?
Also, that dead link is NOT the hot fix. Click the second post’s link already and stop paying attention to the first post.

Actually I meant to say the third post since I posted Luigi hotfix’s on there. The fixed link in the second post is dead now since that’s the old version 
#11  September 24, 2019, 07:27:58 pm
  • Open your soul to the battle!
    • USA
#12  September 24, 2019, 09:39:25 pm
    • USA
SB Mario has an infinite, as you can see here: https://streamable.com/n7luj
It’s an easy fix, but If I recall correctly, you literally said, IN super better Mario’s release, that the normals couldn’t combo into the rest of the specials. I followed your feedback and yet there’s an infinite because of that. I even made a cool down timer on the iceball projectile to avoid spamming.

So how do you even want me to fix this?
#13  September 25, 2019, 12:55:00 am
  • Open your soul to the battle!
    • USA
SB Mario has an infinite, as you can see here: https://streamable.com/n7luj
It’s an easy fix, but If I recall correctly, you literally said, IN super better Mario’s release, that the normals couldn’t combo into the rest of the specials. I followed your feedback and yet there’s an infinite because of that. I even made a cool down timer on the iceball projectile to avoid spamming.

So how do you even want me to fix this?

Yeah, I most certainly underestimated that move, not gonna lie. My fault lol. 

Anyway, instead of giving it extra more cooldown, you could have that move be the only move that can't be canceled after any normals. Yes, it'll go against my previous feedback, but knowing how super good that move is cancellable, whatever helps.
#14  September 28, 2019, 07:59:17 am
    • USA
Super Better Mario and Super Better Luigi now have their fixes (from all of your feedback) released.
If you want the changelogs for them, then here they are:

Super Better Mario V3.11 (A small, red plumbing fix):
- Special intro against Bowser Jr. no longer plays during simuls (cause of complex coding and shet)
- Added juggle limit to ground pound to avoid infinites
- Crouching Strong Punch no longer can be comboed into iceball due to infinites
- Fixed bug where EX fireball is unblockable up close
- Added Uya icons

Super Better Luigi V3.1 ("I wanna do absolutely nothing already" small fix):
- Fixed stone intro where you could control the opponent after he/she was hit (fixed on version 3.01)
- Added Juggle limit to ground pound to avoid infinites
- Removed debug variable that was left in statedef -2
- Icon now has shared palettes on the hat and overalls (if you could SEE it)
- Hammer Luigi now only throws out 3 hammers instead of 4 (in exchange for damage increase by 3%)
- Hammer Proj. now block at middle
- Shrinked hitboxes for electric palm's proj.
- Cleaned up portrait
- Fixed bug where EX fireball is unblockable close up
- Did some playing around with the hypers
- Added Uya Icons

Here's the video for it as well:

DOWNLOADS:
Super Better Mario V3.11: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15anpP9T86jiH1Hs-S2PepCn_BCgp459N
Super Better Luigi V3.1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hPMnEeiQaW9ic7Ml5E9-ah-iJxChzop8

NOTE: I'm not gonna update the other posts because if you guys who keep bothering me haven't even noticed already, I can't edit AND delete posts anymore due to admins banning from doing so. I sincerely hope you guys understand this because it's hard to post things without having access to even edit them anymore.