YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17345132 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2181  September 12, 2019, 01:41:53 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Hiei does have a particular set of immunities that gimp a lot of Sasuke's biggest stuff.  He's completely invulnerable to fire-based attacks, which rules out Amaterasu.  Plus, his Jagan Eye gives him resistance to mental attacks and illusions which would nerf, if not outright nullify, any sort of genjutsu.

It's probably going to come down to Dragon of Darkness Flame vs Susanoo in terms of raw power, but I still feel like they're going to give it to Sasuke.

:EDIT:  And here he is.

Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 11:58:28 pm by Person Man
#2182  September 25, 2019, 09:51:36 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!

It's up, everyone.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 09:59:01 pm by -Greed-
#2183  September 26, 2019, 12:46:07 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I....really don't recall Hiei matching Yusuke at the end of the series.  I remember numerous times he got shafted to the sidelines after the protag got a big enough buff and then he went to work with the demon woman who ran the trio that ran Hell with the whole sad rape story.  Oh well, it has been over a decade since I touched a copy of the series, neat battle nonetheless.

Next battle seems....exceedingly one-sided once again?  Admittingly, a really cool match, I look forward to seeing it just because of the character parallels, but come on.  So once again I suppose they'll make it seem more close a match-up, but Dracula can not kill Ganondorf, numerous people can kill Dracula without any real special tools, there are just those that are more affective.  Add Ganondorf's unlimited physical and magical power and....yeah.  Also Ganondorf can take a castle falling on him and be fine.  They're going to have Castlevania fall down on top of the two, I can feel it.
Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 12:53:13 am by Long John Killer
#2184  September 26, 2019, 01:13:39 am
    • USA
Gotta love how whenever they have an anime vs anime fight they know they have to spend an extra 5 minutes of the video showing their work at the end to try and stem the tide of "ackchyually" comments.

#2185  September 26, 2019, 01:17:30 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Next battle seems....exceedingly one-sided once again?  Admittingly, a really cool match, I look forward to seeing it just because of the character parallels, but come on.  So once again I suppose they'll make it seem more close a match-up, but Dracula can not kill Ganondorf, numerous people can kill Dracula without any real special tools, there are just those that are more affective.
Not... really. At least not anymore (all those weird sidegames where various non-Belmont protagonists manage to kill Dracula are a grey area), after IGA took over and straightened out the continuity into something somewhat coherent. Dracula very specifically can only be killed by a Belmont wielding the Vampire Killer, or someone wielding his own power against him (e.g., Alucard or Shanoa using the Dominus glyph). The last mainline, non-Lords of Shadow Castlevania was pretty clear about that. Presumably the non-Belmont supporting characters like Sypha, Eric, Charlotte, etc. can help to wear Dracula down, but are incapable of delivering a killing blow and keeping him from just regenerating everything. And even then he'll just come back in a 100 years or less, somewhat like Gannondorf.

I honestly don't know who has the edge here; while both characters are described as having near limitless power (Dracula is essentially the straight up devil in the world of Castlevania: king of all monsters and demons and is even considered to be God's opposite by the crazy cult from Dawn of Sorrow) that nonetheless doesn't seem to translate that much to what they show off in-game. Perhaps its better to take all that talk of Ganon and Dracula having unlimited physical and or magical power as mere poetic license.
#2186  September 26, 2019, 01:35:12 am
    • USA
Oh.  I did not know they had some clarification similar to Zelda's Hyrule Historia on the matter.  I was taking those side characters into account on possible Dracula deaths.   Well....then at least Ganondorf's Triforce piece should be enough to demolish Hyrule, considering its power source is the raw power the Goddesses used in making it to begin with.  Forget if they mean the planet, the continent or the kingdom, but regardless I'm imagining that much is in Ganon's favor.
#2187  September 26, 2019, 01:39:03 am
    • USA
I think they're probably going to ditch the requirements that both of them can only be killed by one very specific dude for the sake of actually making an episode out of it.  "Dracula can only be killed by a Belmont / It is written only Link can defeat Ganon" would make for a pretty circular argument.
#2188  September 26, 2019, 01:41:10 am
    • USA
That would also help.  Would be a weird way to end the stalemate by Dracula having to just hold the battle on pause for a minute until he can find a holy weapon left somewhere in his castle's armory or Ganondorf needs to summon some minion to fetch one for him.  I'd be fine with that, they did that waaaaaay back with Raiden versus Thor as well.

Actually, hold the fort; Ganondorf has a freaking holy weapon.  The Twilight Princess Ganondorf kept the sword from his own execution.  Granted, that shouldn't come into play when using the OoT Ganondorf like they are but...that's never stopped them with anything Zelda prior.  Granted part of that is old rules that were around, the ones applying to Cloud vs Link and Peach vs Zelda were both ridiculous and not plausible with any of the characters in play but still, something to keep in mind at least.  It gets referenced in Smash even, it's not like it's a forgotten detail.
Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 03:56:07 am by Long John Killer
#2189  September 26, 2019, 04:37:52 am
    • USA
Having a holy weapon doesn't really mean jack; it's gotta be the Vampire Killer or bust. Lots of characters have holy weapons in Castlevania, or are capable of wielding holy magic, but it just isn't enough. If it ain't powered by the soul of a human who was transforming into a vampire, it isn't the perfect weapon to kill vampires, especially not the ones who are otherwise immortal like Walter and later Dracula!

Well....then at least Ganondorf's Triforce piece should be enough to demolish Hyrule, considering its power source is the raw power the Goddesses used in making it to begin with.  Forget if they mean the planet, the continent or the kingdom, but regardless I'm imagining that much is in Ganon's favor.
This is one of those things where the text repeatedly makes wild claims like this, but the character never comes even remotely close to displaying even a fraction of that power. That's why it really only makes sense to compare actual, concrete feats.
#2190  September 26, 2019, 06:03:31 am
    • USA
That was the lowball I was trying to go off of facts we do have established without relying on Ganondorf running around like Palpatine yelling "unlimited power".  We know the Goddesses made the land of Hyrule and that power was put into the piece of the Triforce that Ganondorf has so at least his power should be around that level.  Supposedly.

I mean, JUST off of what Ganon does is, what, as a human OoT lifted a stone pillar, TP lifted a giant by its neck and choked it out, WW, uh....took twirling classes for his swordplay.  Yeah, specifically what they do limited just to gameplay isn't that amazing for either of them, both really ride on their lore building them up.  Well, guess we'll just have to see how much faith DB puts into that.

Honestly I just really want to see the 3D animation here more than worrying who wins, OoT Ganon duking it out with transformed demon Dracula.
#2191  September 26, 2019, 06:15:43 am
    • USA
One of the reasons why I like the pairing so much: those two both talk mad shit about how awesome and powerful they are, and yet both are constantly getting punked by normal ass dudes with swords or whips.

Or sometimes both.

lui

#2192  September 26, 2019, 01:25:41 pm
    • USA
Ganondorf gets a special place in my heart for being a boss that can be taken down by a fucking butterfly net
#2193  September 27, 2019, 11:47:28 pm
    • USA
So this week's Death Battle Cast pointed out that DevilArtemis is working on the animation for the next fight between Ganondorf and Dracula.  So...expect it to be pretty nice animation.

But also expect it to get probably weird, knowing he is, well, weird with his sense of humor.

Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 12:09:22 am by Long John Killer
#2194  September 30, 2019, 10:10:53 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Thought this series was dead.

#2195  October 01, 2019, 07:15:17 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Killmonger's actor was a bit cringe.
Bats was pretty good though
#2196  October 02, 2019, 07:47:42 pm
    • USA
Captain Falcon

#2197  October 16, 2019, 10:22:14 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Surprising
#2198  October 16, 2019, 11:55:04 pm
    • USA

Next up is Mob vs Tatsumaki.  I've not seen Mob Psycho 100, but I do know ONE's propensity for writing indescribably OP characters pretty well.  Should be interesting to see how strong OPM-level characters really are when they start crunching the numbers.
#2199  October 17, 2019, 12:20:58 am
    • USA
Nnnnn-nah.  Real cool animation, but kind of really downplaying the Goddesses' power thus Ganondorf's.  I mean, they say it's limitless for a reason.  The three each took different roles in the creation of the living world, one did the people, one did....nature, I think, I don't have the guide in front of me right now, but Din made the actual planet.  I would imagine that much it being planetary wouldn't be up for debate.

Ah well, whatever.  Like I said, nice animation.  Next fight is another little to no interest one for me.  But I seem to recall the guy behind both properties having already discussed this topic on Twitter or some Q&A and gave it to Tatsumaki.  But we could have another Dante vs Bayonetta situation going on here, DB could just outright ignore that Word of God.  They've said on DBC they often do.  I thought the fan desired match-up online with this Mob fella was with Kaneda from Akira anyways, I know there's Kaneda sprites out there to work with so that wouldn't be an issue on their part.

Also, this fight was a lot less weird than I was expecting it, considering DevilArtimis worked on it.  Dunno if I'm disappointed on that or not, I was vaguely expecting Kermit the Frog somewhere in it for around two weeks.
Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 12:24:06 am by Long John Killer
#2200  October 17, 2019, 12:35:06 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
To be fair, ONE said Tastumaki could beat normal Mob but he isn't sure about Mob at full power

And Mob can absorb the powers of other espers on top of any other bullshit that he does in the final part that hasn't been animated yet
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time