YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1221281 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#1241  October 08, 2019, 07:26:48 pm
    • Canada
I'm sure Infinite scrolling select screen was a thing in ikemen plus any chance for it to be on go?

I have no problem implementing it.
How it was done on Ikemen plus?
Hi Gacel this is kinda how it was implemented, https://youtu.be/Z8D3-UwdFok?t=159  below in the video description you can find an example of the ikemen plus screenpack with the infinite scrolling, it was a select screen for each player that could be scrolled vertically but not horizontally

I'm also a dev and new to the forum and I'm quite interested in making more stuff for mugen editing the current forks, but I'm kinda lost as to where to start, I've read the github documentation and the OP post but I'm kinda lost, not sure how to compile the code usinig visual studio code or how to debug it, I already have some experience editing screenpacks and chars AI code and triggers, and behaviours if that helps, and much more as a server dev.

My main goal is to create a select screen like the OG CVS arcade machine had, with infinite scrolling vertically and horizontally, while also scalling the portraits as you scroll past, because it would solve many issues with mugen screenpack char screen visualization.

An example of what I want here: https://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/283192-capcom-vs-snk-dreamcast-screenshot-character-selection.png

Maybe if you see the implementation easy with your experience in your fork I would kindly request this function in your fork, otherwise if you can direct me as to where to start I would be very greatful.

Hope you have a nice day.
#1242  October 09, 2019, 04:56:10 am
  • Participate, be a part.
how do I turn off the win screen after battle, I tried disabling it in the system,def but it still display after every fight.

Ikemen GO first check common Mugen files then Ikemen lua files, so check out you disable the win screen on the screenpack . def files first.

No luck, I already disable victory screen in system.def and Motif.lua. I looked at other lua files but nothing related.
#1243  October 10, 2019, 07:08:48 am
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
GGPO is fully open source now. Wonder if we can see Rollback netcode on Ikemen GO. Correct if I wrong but Ikemen netcode is still input delay based.
#1244  October 12, 2019, 01:07:43 am
    • Greece
There is something wrong with the latest version, i cant open screenpacks that used to load like akito's cvs screenpack now ikemen crashes.The log is empty so i cant understand where is the problem.
#1245  October 13, 2019, 01:01:28 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
GGPO is fully open source now. Wonder if we can see Rollback netcode on Ikemen GO. Correct if I wrong but Ikemen netcode is still input delay based.

GPPO is 2 part based inputs perdiction and rollback.
Inputs prediction is seemingly imposible to implement (Mugen custom chars feature) with that in mind.
A rollback feature could be implemented in case it desyncs while online.

how do I turn off the win screen after battle, I tried disabling it in the system,def but it still display after every fight.

Ikemen GO first check common Mugen files then Ikemen lua files, so check out you disable the win screen on the screenpack . def files first.

No luck, I already disable victory screen in system.def and Motif.lua. I looked at other lua files but nothing related.

Probably is not even implemented, I'll look into it.

There is something wrong with the latest version, i cant open screenpacks that used to load like akito's cvs screenpack now ikemen crashes.The log is empty so i cant understand where is the problem.

WTF!? Not again.
I'll check into it and find out what we broke.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1246  October 22, 2019, 04:02:52 am
Gacel are you still active?
#1247  October 22, 2019, 09:14:50 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Yes, sorry for not working much on Ikemen GO, last week I was having no electricity.
They disconnected it by error and did take 5 days to reconnect. --;

Before the disconnect I tried to fix FLAC playback...
It's done it did take 4 hours but is done and everything loops.

Also WAV support (With loop function)

Also I translated some error handlers from Japanese (25 of 116)

Also neatunsou fixed a bug with afterimages.
That GetHitVar (Xvel) when hit from behind with Hitoverride was not reversed
Fixed variable assignment that redirected helper in ZSS
When a non-existent file is specified in Loadfile, it is ignored instead of an error.
And made changes to the parser.

And the afterimage bugfix also revealed anther bug with it....

About the winscreen.
Yeah enabled=0 is not even read.

EDIT: Done, now the victory screen can be disabled. I'll fix the victory screen scaling once I have finished work with projectile priority.

I'm checking projectile priority right now.
I could not find any working link for akito's cvs screenpack do you have anyone?
Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 09:42:12 pm by Gacel
#1248  October 23, 2019, 01:13:54 am
Glad you are around here, I just want to know if you are aware of the bugs I posted on the bug thread. I shared the game so you can reproduce the bugs. Tell me if you need something else.
#1249  October 23, 2019, 05:02:34 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Don't worry I did stay in mugen since 2006 (I still remember the release of WinMugen plus, I did hate it at first) and I will not go anywhere soon.

Anyway fixed, I also discovered another bug with projectile numhits, It will stop the hit detection if it hit another projectile, that is also fixed.
#1250  October 23, 2019, 10:13:56 pm
    • Greece
#1251  October 26, 2019, 01:10:57 pm
    • South Africa
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but when I play arcade mode, it uses the same stage always, even if I go to the next match or lose. It only changes the stage if I quite ikemen go plus completely and restart, but then it chooses another stage and does the same thing with that stage! It only started happening when I updated to the newest build.
#1252  October 27, 2019, 07:41:36 am
    • Greece
it is a bug of the newest versions(last 3) you have to assign a stage to the characters or it will use the same stage on all the matches of the arcade mode.
#1253  October 27, 2019, 07:44:43 am
    • South Africa
Ah I see, thank you for telling me!
#1254  October 28, 2019, 08:10:03 pm
    • Greece
New version by neatunsou has fix the arcade stage problem.
Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 09:53:22 pm by Bejeeta
#1255  October 28, 2019, 08:49:19 pm
    • South Africa
That's good news!
#1256  October 29, 2019, 07:00:13 am
    • Turkey
Gacel there is open source project called''supertuxkart''.ıt uses openal for sound.You can check it out its code.Also its on android too.
#1257  October 29, 2019, 12:35:10 pm
    • Russia
    • farengeit-mugen.blogspot.com
Thank you for a great job, Gacel. Very interesting and promising project. However, there are problems with the speed with a large number of characters (400+ characters, especially on the selection screen). Can you add WinXP support to IKEMEN?
Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 12:47:30 pm by Farengeit
#1258  October 29, 2019, 04:00:50 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
So um.
I merged the changes with neatunsou
He fixed the stage arcade bug.
And more bugfixes with afterimages.

I made.
Made the localcoord load like mugen (From scrennpack file) no more need to edit lua anymore.
Fixed PS4 controller support,
Added a sensitivity configuration for controller sticks and XInput (Xbox compatible) trigger sensitivity.

And added a Icon. What do you guys think of it?

Thank you for a great job, Gacel. Very interesting and promising project. However, there are problems with the speed with a large number of characters (400+ characters, especially on the selection screen). Can you add WinXP support to IKEMEN?

Sadly the XP compatibility is limited by the programing language itself, newer GO versions do not support XP.
A alternative would be use a old GO-lang version and see if it compiles in it. But that could not be automated. (So it has to be build manully)
I'll see if it can be done.

Gacel there is open source project called''supertuxkart''.ıt uses openal for sound.You can check it out its code.Also its on android too.

I'll look how the android port handles audio, thanks for the info.
#1259  October 29, 2019, 04:25:07 pm
    • South Africa
Thanks for the work guys! It's much appreciated!
#1260  October 30, 2019, 07:42:33 am
    • Russia
    • farengeit-mugen.blogspot.com
And added a Icon. What do you guys think of it?

Can't see icon - in Windows x86 version after update "Ikemen_GO.exe" is missing. Is this a discontinuation of support for x86 architecture or just a bug?