YesNoOk

Darkstalkers in POTS Style! - The Sexy Catwoman (Felicia released!) (Read 72632 times)

Started by 【MFG】gui0007, August 20, 2018, 07:41:45 am
Share this topic:
Re: Darkstalkers in POTS Style! - The Sexy Catwoman (Felicia released!)
#41  October 21, 2019, 03:54:48 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Hmmm, so it have issues. Also Giang pointed out some other problems on her.
I'll try to contact him about that. Thanks for the feedback SZ.
#42  October 21, 2019, 04:02:41 am
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Soooooo..... Honest question here. Why did this edit need to be made?

Jesuszilla's Felicia was already 'modern' POTS style, was it not? All this edit does is introduce bugs that the original didn't have and removes Vans' Buffer system. It's basically a complete and utter downgrade.

I also like how Varo removed any mention of JZ's name from the .def/.cns/.cmd files just to replace it with his own, and relegated JZ to the 'Special Thanks' section of the readme all the way at the bottom. Real classy.

Mind you, JZ made this character to raise money for children's charity. It's really shitty to see it basically spat on like this.

Folks, don't download this edit. Just get the original version from TrinityMUGEN. http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
#43  October 21, 2019, 04:29:20 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
that only leaves talbain, pyron, and rikuo! Keep it up!
#44  October 21, 2019, 06:41:39 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Mind you, JZ made this character to raise money for children's charity.

I was one of the folks that helped JZ in this cause.

I also like how Varo removed any mention of JZ's name from the .def/.cns/.cmd files just to replace it with his own, and relegated JZ to the 'Special Thanks' section of the readme all the way at the bottom. Real classy.

That's why i ALWAYS put the right thing in the main post.
Author = "Jesuszilla"
Editor = "varo_hades"

I said so many times to him that this is totally wrong but he still doing this.

All this edit does is introduce bugs that the original didn't have and removes Vans' Buffer system. It's basically a complete and utter downgrade.

Oh well, varo's choices on this edit of Felicia are kinda strange indeed. First i won't see any serious issues but from SolidZone and Giang feedbacks, i checked more deeper and yeah, varo have to do A LOT of fixes and i don't understand why i removed the Buffer System.
#45  October 21, 2019, 08:04:04 am
    • Brazil
that only leaves talbain, pyron, and rikuo! Keep it up!
And I feel sorry for all three of them. All varo_hades does is either make bad characters or ruin someone else's creations (without giving proper credit to the authors). Seriously, people, if you want good POTS style characters, get the ones made by Jesuszilla, Jmorphman or DivineWolf, you know, creators who give a shit and make good stuff, and if the characters you like aren't among them, wait for a good version to be released.
#46  October 21, 2019, 08:51:07 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

These all seem to be filler edits Varo made for Swagga's DS vs SF project, I think it might be a similar story with the Jack Krauser for his other project.
I'm positive he does them for consistency with the style, which is probably why he fondled with Felicia's code.
Also I found this in a CvS compilation that replaces JZ's Level 3 Port if anyone minds:

I hope someone, if not me, does a fair number on these one day, Gui promises he'll try to fix some issues himself aswell.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 08:57:34 am by RagingRowen
#47  October 21, 2019, 09:06:40 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Sloppy isn't the word. Consistency is certainly not either. Gui I'm not sure why you would ever want to associate your name with these hacks, cause whoever "Swagga Kings" is and Varo are not only dishonest with what they're doing by passing this stuff off as "PoTS style" they're also somehow spectacularly bad at putting shit into whatever template they're using. Its actually impressive how they manage to be so wildly inconsistent yet uniformly bad. Adding random chains that make no sense, messing up coding by haphazardly throwing stuff together, somehow introducing bugs into JZ's version and then on top of tht scrubbing his name from the code and removing the buffer system. Why would you even do that?

When your goal is quantity over quality this is the kind of result you get. These guys don't care about the work they're putting out. They're slapping together graphics and code from other peoples work into a template and just expecting people to give it a pass because its "pots style edit." The Felicia is honestly where I can't keep my mouth shut. If you enjoy this kinda crap its all good, theyre doing it for free and people don't HAVE to play it or expect quality. But whoever says these are good characters are objectively wrong
#48  October 21, 2019, 10:41:05 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
If this was year 2005, then we will have many people posting "BRAZIL MUGEN LOLZ", but glad we're past these times.

In any case, as Umezono said, you shouldn't put that amount of effort on associating with these guys and promoting their content that not only is shitty, but also have few respect to the original creators.

XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#49  October 21, 2019, 11:18:37 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Soooooo..... Honest question here. Why did this edit need to be made?

Jesuszilla's Felicia was already 'modern' POTS style, was it not? All this edit does is introduce bugs that the original didn't have and removes Vans' Buffer system. It's basically a complete and utter downgrade.

Mind you, JZ made this character to raise money for children's charity. It's really shitty to see it basically spat on like this.

Folks, don't download this edit. Just get the original version from TrinityMUGEN. http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php

Thanks, someone finally said it.
#50  October 21, 2019, 12:51:05 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Gui I'm not sure why you would ever want to associate your name with these hacks

Nah, i just post these in behalf of varo. :P
It's pretty much what Rowen said, these varo edits are for Swagga's DSvSF Project.
And not every char here is editing by him. Jedah, Morrigan, Lilith and Donovan are edits of mine. The only edit of varo i did some fixes here and there was Lei-Lei.

but also have few respect to the original creators.

Just like i said before, in the main thread i fixed the mess that varo always do in no respecting the original authors, putting their names as the authors.

I hope someone, if not me, does a fair number on these one day, Gui promises he'll try to fix some issues himself aswell.

lol i won't say that Rowen. XD
I just pointed out about SZ and Giang feedbacks and about to contact varo about it.
The only one i'm still fixing is my edit of Jedah.
#51  October 21, 2019, 05:33:08 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Nah, i just post these in behalf of varo. :P
but also have few respect to the original creators.

Just like i said before, in the main thread i fixed the mess that varo always do in no respecting the original authors, putting their names as the authors.

Then, don't post on behalf of varo and don't promote "his" characters until he properly credits the original authors.
It's nice that you try to amend that in MFG, but you shouldn't clean the mess that varo is doing.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#52  October 21, 2019, 06:27:54 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

I am excited for the Jedah update tbh.
I might consider editing Lei-Lei so it can be consistent with the other non-Varo PotS-stalkers chars.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 10:24:51 pm by RagingRowen
#53  October 21, 2019, 11:16:10 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
It's nice that you try to amend that in MFG, but you shouldn't clean the mess that varo is doing.

I'll fix the .def of their edits, like i did with Lei-Lei, putting the proper credits and also did proper Readme.

I am excited for the Jedah update tbh.
I might consider editing Lei-Lei so it can be consistent with the other non-Varo PotS-stalkers chars.

Will come very soon. :)
Should be great. I did some fixes on her before but surely you can do better.
Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 11:25:51 pm by 【MFG】gui0007

lui

#54  October 21, 2019, 11:24:22 pm
    • USA
Thats cool and all but why are YOU doing it?

Why are YOU the one trying to amend things when you didnt have much to do with it at all?

Tbh it sorta makes Varo look even worse since he's not even doing it himself. All this damage control you are doing feels sort of unneccessary when the main issue isnt with you. I get yout heart is in the right place but this is one of those things where maybe it's better to just stand by and let the person who's actually at fault to step up and say something.
#55  October 21, 2019, 11:28:35 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
let the person who's actually at fault to step up and say something.

I really want that Lui, really do. But it's kinda hard to contact varo, specially because he's not that active here on MFG, but i contact him on YouTube. Let's see if he'll listen since i warmed him so many times.

lui

#56  October 21, 2019, 11:33:00 pm
    • USA
He is an active member here and he is a fully grown adult who can make his own decisions.

Let him be the one to say something on his own, dont try to convince him or whatever. He is very clearly avoiding any kind of response intentionally and you are giving him reason to stay away by constantly posting on his behalf when you do not need to. At this point you are making excuses for him.

Its not healthy to put yourself out like this when you quite literally do not have much to do with the actual problem.
#57  October 21, 2019, 11:36:14 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
You warned him many times? Then get a clue, he's not going to listen to you or anyone else for that matter. You better get off that sinking ship while you can.
#58  October 22, 2019, 12:29:26 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
You warned him many times? Then get a clue, he's not going to listen to you or anyone else for that matter.

Yeah, pretty much this DF. :P

He is an active member here and he is a fully grown adult who can make his own decisions.

Really? I won't see any new thing from him here...

But you're right fellas, let's see if varo can handle this situation by himself.
#59  October 22, 2019, 06:43:41 am
  • Keep up the Good work!
    • USA
You warned him many times? Then get a clue, he's not going to listen to you or anyone else for that matter.

Yeah, pretty much this DF. :P

Really? I won't see any new thing from him here...

But you're right fellas, let's see if varo can handle this situation by himself.

You might wanna stop helping him.  The only way he's gonna learn is if you cut ties with him.  You DON'T pirate peoples work and expect them not to be upset.  He's just gonna have to learn the hard way that we don't want pirated work.  Also even when he DOESN'T pirate he might wanna work on the fundamentals and study hit sparks, boxes, etc etc.  He just needs to practice and keep up to date and above all if you're gonna use other people's work ASK PERMISSION FIRST.   It's one thing to create bad characters it's ANOTHER to make bad PIRIATED characters.  Also on a side note, I'm gonna have to get to studying hit sparks, hit boxes sprites and all the works.  I don't wanna be looked upon as all talk and no action.  I'm gonna have to practice what I preach.  But in all seriousness you're gonna have to leave him alone.  If he doesn't credit the author, he gets NO promotion from you.  That goes for ALL pirated work. 
Mysterious Warrior 777
Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 06:47:37 am by Mystrious warrior

lui

#60  October 22, 2019, 06:52:10 am
    • USA
You're missing the point. This is not about permission and never was. Don't change the narrative.