YesNoOk

Nep Heart Thread: Eri and Shana Released (Read 238452 times)

Started by Nep Heart, July 22, 2019, 05:05:51 am
Share this topic:
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Reisen Udongein Inaba released, all others updated
#21  October 05, 2019, 11:20:14 pm
so...who else you have in mind?

Not really revealing it until sufficient progress is done on the character, but I may consider skipping out on doing the AI for my next project seeing as it causes people to actually stop playing my characters and turns out to be a waste of time for that very reason.

Not sure if this was intentional or not, but Reisen’s red health bar seems to reset back to 0 every time she gets hit into a new combo.

It is intentional, red health is based on the fraction of the last combo damage (or single hit if there was no combo) the character received, mainly as an incentive to encourage resets.

why would you say people stop playing your characters, I think your characters could not of been anymore beloved and awesome, I use some of your characters for playthroughs
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Reisen Udongein Inaba released, all others updated
#22  October 06, 2019, 04:12:45 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Not really revealing it until sufficient progress is done on the character, but I may consider skipping out on doing the AI for my next project seeing as it causes people to actually stop playing my characters and turns out to be a waste of time for that very reason.

What? lol
Damn, these guys that can't handle against AI. ;P
What matters that you did such good work with the AI of your stuff.
#23  October 06, 2019, 05:24:05 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares

What? lol
Damn, these guys that can't handle against AI. ;P
What matters that you did such good work with the AI of your stuff.
You're one to talk letting the AI do all the work for you in your video demonstrations.
#24  October 06, 2019, 05:33:58 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#25  October 06, 2019, 05:53:36 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
It wasn't a matter of not being able to handle the AI. There were legitimate concerns that obviously the AI used. You would know this if you actually....you know....fought the AI yourself.
#26  October 06, 2019, 08:13:45 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
It wasn't a matter of not being able to handle the AI. There were legitimate concerns that obviously the AI used. You would know this if you actually....you know....fought the AI yourself.

That's what i did actually just like i said.

Here's an example. Me playing with Giang's Touhou characters against Sennou's stuff that have such tough AI. And i got 'em.
#27  October 09, 2019, 03:43:40 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Probably should have taken that to PM since this is mostly a feedback thread, guys, although not really angry with anyone here except towards myself for a big oof from leaving a big oversight in Miyako while updating her. Made a quick update to correct that glaring issue.

- Fixed Blood Heat oversight that made it fail to reset properly whenever Arc Drives are used.

Edit: Had to make another small update and reupload just after this one since there was a roundstate error.
Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 04:10:48 am by Nep Heart
#28  October 09, 2019, 12:26:21 pm
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
Kind of a shame that you might skip out on the AI for your next character, though have you also thought about making separate AI patches on all your characters for the people who do want the challenging AI?
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#29  October 09, 2019, 10:33:05 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Most likely in the future, although the main intent of releases has always been for the gameplay over AI, the latter was mostly an extra and my attempts at experimenting with new challenges. I've noticed people are less likely to play a character if it has custom AI, so, the extra time put into them can feel a little wasteful in a way. Also, I'm not exactly the most confident at my AI coding skills atm, so, I still have a a lot more to learn.
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Youmu Konpaku released, all others updated
#30  November 10, 2019, 07:27:19 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7nu0ix

The things that Roukaken cannot cut in MUGEN are next to none! I've delayed this character a little bit due to a combination of procrastination and the upcoming cold weather slowing down my work in general, but otherwise, my third Touhou character is complete. Unfortunately for some, she doesn't come with custom AI for as I wasn't exactly motivated to do it this time, but she was meant to be played than watched anyway.

Get Youmu here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DikXZPEumVRXbCPH4L?e=WRTcbd

As per usual with each character release, updates are to be made for correction and improvement.

All characters:

- Updated several hit-based aesthetics.
- Air throws now disable control on whiff.
- All power-up Series Ability modes have their damage bonuses reduced.
- Recoverable health formula modified.
- Introduced jump link loop limiter.
- Added better custom state compatibility against player type helpers.

Touhou Project:

- Fixed Spell Mode FX error for 1.1.
- Timer reduced to 20 seconds, but now grants a 50% movement speed increase for Spell Mode.
- Increased endlag for Brave Guard.

Eternal Fighter Zero:

- Corrected alignment for match win screen.

Melty Blood characters:

- Reduced Blood Heat damage bonus.
- Corrected alignment for match win FX.

Homura Akemi:

- Fixed Rebellion bug that would sometimes trap P2 in custom state.

Haruhi Suzumiya:

- Increased overall damage for non-supers slightly.

Doppel Nanase:

- Maiden Armageddon can now hit air targets and be combo'd into. Damage and damage scaling compensated.
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Youmu Konpaku released, all other characters updated
#31  November 10, 2019, 08:47:26 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Some low IQ combos:

Ohoho, other than few nitpicks about FXs and Myon's debug floods I gave you on Discord, she is definitely the most fun character I have downloaded on Guild for a long time (possibly your best character so far as well). Good stuff good stuff.
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Youmu Konpaku released, all other characters updated
#32  November 11, 2019, 12:43:43 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Naisu, her combo trees are probably some of the funnest that I've designed.

Speaking of those issues, just updated Youmu to address a number of aesthetic errors and bugs including the debug flood that happens when using Wicked Soul for 1.1 (for some reason, the debug errors don't happen in 1.0 miraculously).

Go redownload her for those fixes.
#33  November 11, 2019, 03:00:18 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Well, that's why when i tested her in 1.0 i ain't found any serious issues.
Also, for the record, i think this your best character so far Nep. Youmu combos are just amazing!
#34  November 12, 2019, 02:40:55 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Thanks for the video, I'll admit she also has been the funnest character to work on so far and one I've wanted to do the most right up there with Haruhi and Madoka.

Anyway, there is an oversight I made while messing with Blood Heat last update where it would reset too soon (I don't want to do another Melty Blood character for a while because of how ridiculously complex their system is lol).

That should be fixed now, so, redownload Miyako to get the correctly working version.
#35  November 13, 2019, 04:30:11 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Someone just pointed out a glitch with Youmu's reflector, so, I've swiftly amended that oversight since it's pretty gamebreaking...

- Fixed glitch that caused Netherworld Reflection Slash to overstack and inflict excessive damage.
#36  November 14, 2019, 09:28:32 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 OOf, forgot to turn off the win screen test with Mio, so, it appears even in the middle of a round. Gonna fix that real quick.

- Corrected error in which win screen testing is still left on.
Re: Nep MUGEN Thread: Akari Ichijou released, all other characters updated
#37  December 25, 2019, 09:19:46 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7pmsti

The unexpected legend of Kyoto runs away from home and into MUGEN! It has been two long months since working on Akari, but exploring completely new territory in coding characters that I've never done before was actually a lot of fun. As the last character of the year and nearly a year since the release of my first SNK character, this is my Christmas present for fans and players of MUGEN. Happy holidays, everyone!

Get the little magical brat here:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DikjO3COn3A4hrSmRF?e=JX6NTy

As always, everyone else has been updated:

- All characters:

- Gethit voices are standardized to function in most custom gethit states now.
- Replaced the majority of velsets with posadds in normals for older characters in order to allow them to retain momentum from a dash like newer characters do.
- Revised hitdefattr detection system, allowing for increased consistency in detecting throws and hyper based attacks, helpers and sctrl-based projectiles.
- Tweak custom command buffer to reset when used to cancel into specials/hypers, reducing misinput.
- Tweak commands for universal guard cancel mechanics to be more simplified.
- Corrected Spell Bonus error when helpers collide with other helpers.
- Fixed bug that causes MUGEN to crash when forcing two targets into custom hitfall at once.
- Read Me files are updated to denote the generation style of each character at the top.

SNK characters:

- Implemented win screen.

Homura Akemi:

- Slightly increased delay between each use of Spatial Movement to reduce accidental inputs.

Hotaru Futaba:

- All versions of Hakki-Shou have their projectile limit removed.
- Reversed command for Shajou-Tai to reduce misinputs while attempting other specials and added new variations of the move.
- Increased damage for Yulhana-Tensho.
- Added Gold Mode.

Doppel Nanase:

- Maiden Capture version z has increased damage.
- Two new variations of Maiden Meteor added.

Nayuki Minase:

- Reduced frame advantage for many moves.

Reisen Udongein Inaba:

- Mind Explosion x and y versions have increased hit gravity, fall recovery occurs sooner and standing variants have increased recoil on hit.

Youmu Konpaku:

- Fixed wallbounce hit bug.
- Adjusted velocity of j.2Z
- Fixed bug in which Medium's Bind would sometimes fail to penetrate projectiles.
- Fixed bug in which Netherworld Reflection Slash's powergain and damage would stack onto itself rapidly.
#38  December 27, 2019, 04:02:44 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Glad to see such great version of Akari. Thanks Nep. :)
#39  December 27, 2019, 10:58:47 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
It's only come to my attention that there is a minor flaw in the math of my cornerpush system, so, I need to make a quick update for everyone to address this even if it doesn't occur often in gameplay. Thankfully, it doesn't really impact your video, Gui. Glad you're having fun with her nonetheless.

- Corrected minor flaw in cornerpush calculations that sometimes would cause it to not work properly on the left corner of the screen.

Edit: Redownload Akyuu, guys, made a typo on her coding that crashes MUGEN.
Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 09:21:16 pm by Nep Heart
#40  December 27, 2019, 11:38:28 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20