YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2500868 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#9181  September 25, 2019, 09:50:47 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
2 (4?) years ago, they fired kojima, the castlevania guy and the love plus guy (even if not popular in the west loveplus was pretty big and profitable for konami in japan). it's like nintendo suddenly firing miyamoto, sakurai, and the studio that makes pokemon; then keep on making crappy games with those franchises.
#9182  September 26, 2019, 03:22:58 am
Funny you said Nintendo and Sakurai. Because Nintendo, or rather Satoru Iwata announced Smash Bros. Brawl without Sakurai's knowledge about it.
They planned to make it happen, whatever it takes and either with or without Sakurai.
Kinda the opposite of Kojima.

He's posting a review of a brand new game and the review says it's a piece of crap, that horse seems alive enough to me. It's just that shit games from awful companies with predatory practices can still make money.

I am trying to argue that the company is alive, and thriving because someone said it's dead for 2 years.
You came to convince me it's been morally dead for 2 years now.
So now I say it's dead for 2 years, and you tell me it's alive enough?
Is it dead, alive or undead?
You tell me, because this doesn't make any sense to me.
#9183  September 26, 2019, 03:26:44 am
:omg: You're talking about beating a dead horse, meaning the subject of the company being a dump for the last couple of years. This subject is still relevant today. Keep up with your own posts.
with or without Sakurai.
No, that's not how things work. It was going to be with him, whether he was aware of it and willing or not. It's like how Tetsuya Nomura was surprised to see his own name on the first reveal trailer of the FF7 remake after seeing a few coworkers ask him random questions here and there for a while about how he would do such and such, but never actually telling him he really was in charge of the project.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 03:30:27 am by Byakko
#9184  September 26, 2019, 03:56:35 am
Keep up with your own posts.
Gotcha.

But common, what were they gonna do if Sakurai refused?
He quitted at the time of announcement.
It's even documented on the Nintendo website, that Iwata would have made it happen if Sakurai wouldn't cooperate.

It's also a fact that Sakurai quit because he got tired of his creations, mosty Kirby being milked out, which also is still happening.

But we are derailing a bit, I guess.
#9185  October 12, 2019, 12:43:44 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Konami, no doubt aware how incensed fans still are about their cancelling Silent Hills and nuking P.T. from orbit out of spite, have come back to satisfy classic horror fans' pleas by announcing a brand new Silent Hill...

...slot machine.  Not even a fucking pachinko machine, just a straight up gambling booth.

Fuck Konami.
Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 08:40:08 am by Person Man
#9186  October 12, 2019, 02:37:43 pm
I think Konami is just kinda clueless about their videogame franchises. Maybe because they fired all their capable personel xD

Getting a pachinko/slotmachine isn't the end of it.
Samsho fans had to wait over 10 years to get what they have now.
In between, they got teased with great animations on a pachinko too.

I remember someone saying something along the line of:
"Sadly that's the best well ever see of a modern Samsho."

Mega Man made a solid return with 11 too.

People cry about Silent Hill and MGS, but classic gamers cried about older dead franchises way before that.
Like Gradius, Twinbee, Goemon and of course Castlevania among many others. And don't forget about all the Hudsons names they got.
Too bad they had to dissapoint with Contra.

Just not losing hope yet, that's all. If else, we just move on. At least that's what I think.
#9187  October 13, 2019, 06:18:53 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
I think it's less Konami being clueless, and more so Konami just straight up not being interested in making games anymore.
#9188  October 13, 2019, 06:27:36 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Honestly the only good games Konami themselves produce these days are the PES/Winning Eleven, Power Pros and Pro Yakyuu Spirits series.
Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls is pretty nice for what it is, despite being a mobile game. It even has proper gamepad support.

But if the travesty we call Rogue Corps is anything to go by, it's like they're desperately trying to kill old IPs that aren't their sports games.
It's not that they're clueless. It's probably all deliberate if only to cement the fact that they've moved on from making core entries to older franchises.
They're 30% a consumer game company and 70% a gambling game company.
#9189  October 13, 2019, 06:47:15 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
In short: They don't give a shit about their franchises or the fanbase outrage. I don't know why people even bother with Konami anymore after what they pulled on E3.
Lasagna
#9190  October 13, 2019, 08:46:03 am
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
Honestly the only good games Konami themselves produce these days are the PES/Winning Eleven, Power Pros and Pro Yakyuu Spirits series.
Also Bemani stuff. And I *guess* they put actual effort into Duel Links even if it's gotten progressively less and less F2P friendly.
#9191  October 13, 2019, 09:37:28 pm
Well, then. Move it is, isn't it?
#9192  October 22, 2019, 07:02:53 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com

Well it’s official, someone made a better Fallout game than Bethesda. I guess we can all go home now.
#9193  October 22, 2019, 09:21:55 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
God damn, the team is back with a new Fallout type game. When it comes to Steam, I will definitely get this.
#9194  October 22, 2019, 10:00:00 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Bless the Epic stores exclusivity. But its also available through an Xbox game pass on pc subscription. Those are the only two options you have until it releases on Steam.
#9195  October 25, 2019, 01:39:03 am
    • USA
Because there's nothing quite as amusing as watching someone infinitely tumble down a spiral staircase, Bethesda has once again found a new and exciting way to make Fallout 76 even more blisteringly terrible than it already is.  They've introduced a new "premium subscription service" for $100 USD per year which offers such benefits as private worlds and unlimited scrap storage for crafting.   One hundred fuckmothering dollars per year for game that you already had to pay $60 for up front, and is widely derided as being the worst thing Bethesda has ever released.  A game that has become legendary for it's terrible quality, low playablility, countless bugs, and constantly delayed fixes and promised improvements that never come.

But wait!  There's more!  The poor saps who actually forked over their money for this complete and total scam are starting to report that the private worlds are not, in fact, private, and that the infinite scrap box actually permanently destroys crafting materials instead of storing them.

I don't understand how any developer can keep consistently screwing up a single game this badly, this consistently, in so many ways, for so long.  It is baffling.
#9196  October 25, 2019, 05:13:58 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
#9197  October 26, 2019, 07:54:53 pm
    • Argentina
it's not another warriors of the bunch  ;D
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#9198  November 15, 2019, 02:11:17 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Yesterday was something wasn’t it

Xbox game pass continues to be a worth competitor to Ps Now.

Would love to try these out when I have the chance.

New Ip from the developers of Banjo-Kazooie and Sea of Thieves.

Finally a better multiplayer expirence than Overwatch.

And my best 2 highlights of the entire episode of Inside Xbox are above me.

Did anybody remember EA themselves saying single player games are dead?

#9199  November 19, 2019, 01:26:33 pm
    • USA
The weather in Hell today calls for scattered snow showers, as Valve just announced a new Half-Life game.

But it's a VR spin-off and not actually Half-Life 3.

CF7

#9200  December 09, 2019, 07:28:49 pm
Chinese company IDreamSky, gamesindustry reports, is in talks to acquire at least 69% of Leyou, HK company owner of Digital Extremes and Splash Damage.

IDreamSky is seeking investors to do it, since Leyou's valuation is bigger than IDreamSkys'. It should be noted that Tencent owns 18% of IDreamSky.