YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17357850 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2221  November 25, 2019, 12:52:47 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Yanderes are scary
#2222  November 27, 2019, 09:52:38 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
4th wall breakers death match is on
#2223  November 27, 2019, 11:25:34 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Oh joy, they're making fun of people making fun of them for their past mistakes with episodes.  Link vs Cloud, WW vs Rogue, Goku vs Superman, Tifa vs Yang and Toph vs Garra.  Cheeky.  Ha-larious.

Though, to be fair, I never really got the complaints behind Toph vs Garra.  The main counter-arguments I've seen repeated seem to be the opposite of how Garra operates and later Avatar comics seem to help Toph's case even more.  But whatever, at least they're not blind to people disagreeing with those ones in particular heavily?  Surprised Ben 10 isn't up there too though.

Weird episode, as was to be expected.  S'alright.  Not particularly looking forward to the next one but I've seen them discuss it in DBC previously on it being highly requested, so not shocked.  Doesn't really scream "season finale" to me though.

Spoiler: One point of confusion though (click to see content)
Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 11:31:57 pm by Long John Killer
#2224  November 28, 2019, 01:34:22 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
That was one of the more creative episodes they've had in a while.  I'm impressed.  The Pinkie Pie cameo was a fun little touch, too.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Next match skews heavily in All Might's favor.  Besides being a straight-up Superman expy, his punch is strong enough to change the local weather with sheer air pressure alone. I don't ever recall Might Guy doing anything that nuts.
#2225  November 28, 2019, 03:02:26 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Kind of figured this would be a rout since The Mask is literally a living, breathing cartoon character in a somewhat real world. Plus, it was all about getting rid of Deadpool anyway..

As for the next match... Might Guy is known as the strongest taijutsu user in the Naruto series. He took on a fully powered Madara and held him off long enough for Naruto and Sasuke to power up (at the price of his leg, though). He might be a bit of a dork, but he can definitely put up a fight.

The big question is very simple: Can All Might wear down Might Guy before the time limit expires for All Might?
#2226  November 28, 2019, 03:52:01 am
    • USA
Thing is, to get even anywhere close to All Might's level Guy would have to go to Eighth Gate Release, which would give him an even shorter time limit.  And even then he gains the Deku problem in that actually using that much power does as much damage to himself as it does the opponent.
#2227  November 28, 2019, 04:30:44 am
  • Niigasan
i think all mights "united states of smash" is gonna collide with guys "evening elephant" or "night guy" and all might is gonna win then their gonna do their usual calculations etc. i dont really see might guy surviving this
#2228  November 28, 2019, 06:10:22 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Thing is, to get even anywhere close to All Might's level Guy would have to go to Eighth Gate Release, which would give him an even shorter time limit.  And even then he gains the Deku problem in that actually using that much power does as much damage to himself as it does the opponent.

If he has to use it, it might be worth it considering that All Might has 3 hours to use his powers before he returns to his rather sickly looking human self.
#2229  November 28, 2019, 06:11:18 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

Seems unfair to use All Might at his lowest point if Guy is fighting with all of his limbs attached. I imagine they'll go with the middle of the road All Might (i. e. just before giving OFA to Midoriya) who can go full ham for some 3 hours a day.

Edit: ah Ninja'd

The problem is that we don't really know All Might's limits. The only point in the story in which he's neither holding back nor crippled by his wounds was during his first match against All For One, and we've only seen the aftermath of that fight. We know that even at his lowest he's so overpowered he can run circles around all the other pro heroes, but that's a pretty nebulous point of reference, unless you make some bullshit equivalence like average pro hero = average jounin.
#2230  November 28, 2019, 08:40:49 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
the movie kind of showed all might in his prime but didn't really showcase how strong he was. honestly even if we go with this is all might when he can use his powers for an infinite amount of time he probably still wins this. Gai is strong but all might? hes basically anime superman.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#2231  December 04, 2019, 10:25:01 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Super Power Beatdown has returned
#2232  December 05, 2019, 12:43:03 am
    • USA
#2233  December 05, 2019, 11:35:08 pm
    • UK
I genuinely think next match will have might guy i kill all might and then die resulting in a draw. If he managed to get hospitalized before it shows he isn't invulnerable.

(inb4 "its seth the programmer so i'm not gonna watch")
I see no way all might can win this unless they wank a NLF
#2234  December 12, 2019, 01:00:59 am
    • USA
Some Guy

#2235  December 18, 2019, 09:26:26 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios

Mighty Guys Fight.

#2236  December 18, 2019, 10:36:48 pm
    • USA
One of the more egregious examples of “we don’t have hard data for this character so we’ll use another character’s feat and just assume this one is stronger than that” but whatever.
#2237  December 19, 2019, 01:23:53 am
    • USA
Oh, the new season date also teases multiple characters showing up.  Some I do not know, but I can place a few and possibly their match-up.

Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 02:24:17 am by Long John Killer
#2238  December 19, 2019, 11:29:57 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
A rare Rewind Rumble that's animated really well. Don't agree with the outcome though.
#2239  January 03, 2020, 02:03:11 am
    • USA
Latest Death Battle Cast revealed the next Death Battle.  It's Miles Morales versus Static Shock.

Has Miles actually grown beyond being the new generation's teenage Spider-Man?  I know Vergil actually moved on and grew at some point, but I've never cared to read Miles stuff, or much Spider-Man anything recently really.

If his skillset is just your stock Spider-Man though, it's that versus a Storm + Magneto fusion, I'm left to believe Static has this fairly easy and Miles would just be another daily mutant nuisance to deal with.
#2240  January 03, 2020, 02:23:18 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

Miles Morales has the powers that Peter does although his spider-sense is less developed (it only warns him of immediate danger, for instance, he can't focus it to fight blind or anything), he's also arguably weaker physically than Peter based on youth. His most powerful abilities are the ability to turn invisible and a move he calls the venom blast where he channels his own bioelectricity into a stungun move. However it is electricity and Static heals from electricity.

Miles may still have the edge though by virtue of being a Spider-Man, a class that has been battling electric powered nuisances for 60 years
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time