YesNoOk

Revanto's 7 tuts [Nice photoshop tips for FX] (Read 9414 times)

Started by F. James Fernandez, March 14, 2006, 10:48:08 am
Share this topic:
Revanto's 7 tuts [Nice photoshop tips for FX]
#1  March 14, 2006, 10:48:08 am
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Hey guys. I am posting these up from request of Revanto. He made this for our group before he moved to Japan. He wanted to share his nice and cool knowledge with the guild so here you have it.

Tutorials: http://kayin.pyoko.org/mugen/

Thank you Kayin for hosting the Files for Revanto and I.

Starting from the file on top:

[1] M-Light-tute-A= Mugen Light Effects.

Using Photoshop, Revanto has build a sweet tut on how to me energy swords for you everyday user Hayato and anyone else that uses a energy sword. Not only can it be used for making cool light swords but it is also nice to use for FX and other stuff that involes light.

[2] Mugen-Pal-Tip= Mugen Palettes

This will explain how to originize your colors so that you wont mix things up (colors) when you are having your FX and helpers in the same palette.

[3] dez-palette= Mugen Palettes 2

Revanto explains how to originize your colors in the Palette so that it would be easier to edit down the line. Originizing your character's colors and FX are the best thing to do.

[4]  duo-designs= Mugen Palettes 3

This is just amazing. I never thought that you could make new customs with out messing up the sprites orginal form and colors. Sure you use more color on the Palette but this is one of the best ways to update characters color designs

[5] vector-experiment= Spriting with Illustrator/PhotoShop

Need I explain? It speaks for its self. This tut is to make Hi res sprites using Illustrator for those of you how cant draw with the pencil as much. Using this tut you can resize a SF3 character and make it look like GGX characters if you are good enough and know what you are doing. You can also use this to make very nice Illustrated portriates for you characters.

[6] mugen-fx=  Mugen FX IT IS UP!

Well guys, you wanted to learn how to make Energy balls (hadouken) and energy waves and other FX like this? Then this is the file you need. Note: He doesnt say whether to use the Brush tool or pencil so you are free to use what ever tool you would like.

All credit goes to Revanto for the tutorials and Kayin for hosting them. Enjoy  :sugoi:

NOTE: One or two tuts might have been hosted from someone else but I was asked to host all the tuts so I included all of them.

Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 07:30:06 pm by darkdez
Re: Revanto's 6 tuts [Nice photoshop technques and tips for palettes and FX]
#2  March 22, 2006, 04:12:40 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
I'm surprised that no-one's replied to this. Oh, well, I suppose that most people in this group are not as graphically orientated to creating original stuff like me.

Well, thanks anyway, Dez, for at least trying...

Cheers,

Revanto  ;P
3d rocks!
#3  March 22, 2006, 08:24:12 am
  • SNK is life
interesting stuff.

common and basic knowledge to those who have used it before, but very instructive to the layman ;)

good job.
#4  March 22, 2006, 06:36:20 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Dont worry about it Rev, even though no one is replying, i know that mad people downloaded it and besides, this isnt the only site that i posted these tuts. I cant wait to see more tuts when you finally get settled down in your new place. Miss working with yah  ;)
#5  March 23, 2006, 02:03:01 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Yeah, as Darkdez said, it isn't because people aren't replying that they don't like it or didn't read it.

I didn't have time to read it entirely, and already knew most of what you wrote. But so far, from what I've seen, these are very good tutorials for Photoshop beginners, to start creating effects, and not having problems with palette creation anymore. ;)
#6  March 23, 2006, 06:18:08 pm
I'm surprised that no-one's replied to this. Oh, well, I suppose that most people in this group are not as graphically orientated to creating original stuff like me.
Well, this board is only there to "Submit your M.U.G.E.N tutorials, tips and tricks, FAQs and so on". :P

If you want feedback on your tutorial, make a topic there : http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?board=9.0 :daisy:

(or should I make a general sticky thread for tutorial feedbacks?)
#7  March 25, 2006, 05:21:01 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
Well, this board is only there to "Submit your M.U.G.E.N tutorials, tips and tricks, FAQs and so on". :P

If you want feedback on your tutorial, make a topic there : http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?board=9.0

No, sorry, it's not that. I just wanted to know if people were actually using what I created (because this is all I can really offer the Mugen community). Not looking for feedback, though. But since Dez mentioned that it was being used by others from other forums then I am satisfied.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers,

Revanto  ;P
3d rocks!
#8  May 24, 2006, 01:56:12 am
Hmm, pretty kewl stuff i should visit Tips&Tutorials more often i may learn something. I may try those things you posted but for now im gonna enjoy my game because im a n00b :D
#9  August 18, 2006, 11:04:19 pm
Re: Revanto's 7 tuts [Nice photoshop tips for FX]
#10  May 29, 2007, 02:55:12 pm
  • "uchuu ichi"
i like his stuffs especially those "polar coordinates" filter by photoshop... it helped me a lot to create an explosion effects i used in my char.
#11  May 29, 2007, 08:58:24 pm
FULL THANKS !
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#12  February 02, 2008, 03:29:46 am
This was really useful, especially about palletes, which I suck at. Many thanks!