YesNoOk

Kazekage Gaara Updated (Read 93565 times)

Started by Anjel, August 10, 2007, 11:10:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Kazekage Gaara Updated
#21  August 12, 2007, 11:03:45 pm
i said u could i never said u have to
#22  August 12, 2007, 11:08:35 pm
awsome char dude

i think the desert coffen could do a little more dammage tho
#23  August 13, 2007, 02:10:33 am
  • 10 Years! Still going strong.
    • USA
    • http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php
Hey anjel nice to see you again (ever since naruto MUGEN shut down!)

Its a nice timeskip gaara just one thing, with $v3n's gaara your gaara keeps constantly hitting the auto sand sheild even when gaara isnt behind it. is there anyway your gaara can be fixed so that way it doesnt hit the auto sand constantly?

Otherwise its a really nice gaara. keep up the good work!
Project: Ultimate Zero & Ultimate X

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MMZ Soundpack Project (Canceled)
#24  August 13, 2007, 07:31:40 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
And for more information about Guard Crush, here's a quote from gamefaqs :

------------------------------------------------------------------------
 GUARD CRUSH
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you block too many attacks within a certain period of time, you will
 be Guard Crushed.  When this occurs, your character assumes a sort of
 stunned pose momentarily.  This leaves them open to attack if you
 recover fast enough, or if your attack is a multi-hit move, or if you
 cancel out of it.  As an example, if Kyo's close C was used to GC an
 opponent, it could be canceled into the Aragami and would result in
 a combo.

To avoid getting Guard Crushed, just try not to block so often.  After
 you are GC'd, your chance of getting Guard Crushed reverts to normal, so
 you don't have to worry about getting GC'd repeatedly once it happens
 the first time.

Some attacks have more Guard Crush potential than others.  These moves
 are said to do heavy "Guard Crush damage."  As example, even though it
 might take sixteen or so blocked attacks to result in a GC, Jhun's
 Ko Ressou can GC you in only two or three uses.
#25  August 13, 2007, 02:18:48 pm
  • Small characters can kick big ass.
    • USA

I haven't tried this character just yet, but based on what I've read, I don't think that you should make the sand barrier behave like a parry. That would allow Gaara to attack right after the sand takes a hit, and since it takes more than one hit to break the barrier, it might be a bit cheap. It's probably better to have a Guard Cancelling system (similar to Vampire Savior) as it would only really allow Gaara to perform only 1 or 2 Guard Cancelling special moves only, and the timing for those moves is rather strict.

I'll test this character when I get back from work.
#26  August 14, 2007, 11:55:59 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
I haven't tried this character just yet, but based on what I've read, I don't think that you should make the sand barrier behave like a parry. That would allow Gaara to attack right after the sand takes a hit, and since it takes more than one hit to break the barrier, it might be a bit cheap. It's probably better to have a Guard Cancelling system (similar to Vampire Savior) as it would only really allow Gaara to perform only 1 or 2 Guard Cancelling special moves only, and the timing for those moves is rather strict.

I'll test this character when I get back from work.

Thats Great :D Thanks!
My shitty mugen stuff:
#27  August 18, 2007, 11:03:57 pm
    • USA

Sorry for the late report:

- Whle Gaara's sand barrier is up, Gaara is free to move around and can't be hit at all as long as the barrier remains. His sand barrier also remains in place rather than staying on Gaara's body.
- In the corner, crouching Y, crouching B, repeat (or crouching B, crouching Y, repeat). = Infinite combo.
- The sand at the end of Sabaku Tais
#28  August 19, 2007, 12:07:37 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden

- Whle Gaara's sand barrier is up, Gaara is free to move around and can't be hit at all as long as the barrier remains. His sand barrier also remains in place rather than staying on Gaara's body.
- In the corner, crouching Y, crouching B, repeat (or crouching B, crouching Y, repeat). = Infinite combo.
- The sand at the end of Sabaku Tais�? has incorrect sprpriority, as it appears over Gaara rather than under him.
- The jumping attack, though it appears as a downward attack, actually knocks the opponent slightly off the floor without knocking them down? o_O
- Sabaku Kyū (Desert Coffin) moves toward Gaara a bit once the sand lifts off of the ground.
- Sabaku S�?s�? (Desert Funeral) should blast the opponent back a little.
- Some sprites seem to have been ripped incorrectly. Namely his sprites for Ryūsa Bakuryū (Desert Avalanche) and Sabaku Tais�? (Desert Requiem), which look a bit stretched.
- Super portrait is a pixel (line) too short.
- Both supers could use some EnvShake for added effect.
- Sabaku Kyū might be more useful as a 2-part move. The first part would hold the opponent in place for a limited amount of time (allowing Gaara to move around and do something else to the trapped opponent while they gradually take damage from the attack), while the second part could be the actual Sabaku S�?s�? finisher. Just an idea.
- The black borders should dissappear once the supers are complete. The characters are able to move around and fight even before the lifebars are visible again.

Needs some work, but not too bad overall. Good job.

Yay for me, i fixed some stuffs already, maybe will relese update today/tomorow. :D

it is?

- The sand at the end of Sabaku Tais�? has incorrect sprpriority, as it appears over Gaara rather than under him.

What attack is Sabaku Tais?

- The black borders should dissappear once the supers are complete. The characters are able to move around and fight even before the lifebars are visible again.

They can?
I made lifebars appear when opponent is going to "get up" state, cus before that, they are in a custom state with the liedown sprite.
My shitty mugen stuff:
Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 12:20:51 pm by Anjel
#29  August 19, 2007, 08:44:20 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden

- The jumping attack, though it appears as a downward attack, actually knocks the opponent slightly off the floor without knocking them down? o_O
- Sabaku Kyū (Desert Coffin) moves toward Gaara a bit once the sand lifts off of the ground.
- Sabaku S�?s�? (Desert Funeral) should blast the opponent back a little.
- Some sprites seem to have been ripped incorrectly. Namely his sprites for Ryūsa Bakuryū (Desert Avalanche) and Sabaku Tais�? (Desert Requiem), which look a bit stretched.
- Both supers could use some EnvShake for added effect.
- Sabaku Kyū might be more useful as a 2-part move. The first part would hold the opponent in place for a limited amount of time (allowing Gaara to move around and do something else to the trapped opponent while they gradually take damage from the attack), while the second part could be the actual Sabaku S�?s�? finisher. Just an idea.

Needs some work, but not too bad overall. Good job.

Dunno but i think i fixed (and added, Examplewise The Envshakes on the specials) all that (not all but the most).

Anyways, Added Some stuffs to,

Guard: Ye old command (hold Back)
Guard Crush: Get hit While Guarding 20 Times
Sand Bunshins: Down Back A, Cost's 1000 power, the bunshins Have 70 life each, you can only have Two of them.

So the Update is relesed, UPDATE!
My shitty mugen stuff:
#30  August 19, 2007, 11:00:55 pm
    • USA

Sabaku Tais
#31  August 20, 2007, 02:05:48 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
My shitty mugen stuff:
#32  August 23, 2007, 01:05:07 pm
"Dunno but i think i fixed (and added, Examplewise The Envshakes on the specials) all that (not all but the most).

Anyways, Added Some stuffs to,

Guard: Ye old command (hold Back)
Guard Crush: Get hit While Guarding 20 Times
Sand Bunshins: Down Back A, Cost's 1000 power, the bunshins Have 70 life each, you can only have Two of them.

So the Update is relesed, UPDATE!"

where I can get this updated Gaara? coz on your site there is an old one ;/
#33  August 23, 2007, 01:09:49 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Nope, the one on his site has the guard, so it's this one.

Nevertheless, the readme needs an update too, since now he CAN guard. :P
#34  August 23, 2007, 01:40:24 pm
thanks alot
#35  August 23, 2007, 02:23:54 pm
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
Hello i was wondering sir do you mind if i use some of the SAND sprites only for my violent akuma ^^ thats a w.i.p, if you want some proof that its real so you dont think im using the sand for evil please let me know ^^, i just need the "Sand" which i can rip out of him myself i just need permission what am i using it for? violent akumas intro when he punchs the ground, cause i made it so the ground has a hole like in nightmare brollys attack but it would be cool to have sand fly up.
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
#36  August 23, 2007, 03:38:56 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
Hello i was wondering sir do you mind if i use some of the SAND sprites only for my violent akuma ^^ thats a w.i.p, if you want some proof that its real so you dont think im using the sand for evil please let me know ^^, i just need the "Sand" which i can rip out of him myself i just need permission what am i using it for? violent akumas intro when he punchs the ground, cause i made it so the ground has a hole like in nightmare brollys attack but it would be cool to have sand fly up.

I did not make the sand, use em, but credit the one that ripped/maked them (look in the readme of Gaara)

Cybaster: I Dident? >__>
My shitty mugen stuff:
WOW !
#37  August 25, 2007, 11:18:24 pm
  • . . .
this version of gaara is better than the one I have   >:D
DATA DRAIN !
#38  August 26, 2007, 09:16:02 am
  • Horrible
    • Sweden