YesNoOk

Anyone willing to help me? (Read 3092 times)

Started by Guerrero (Neko-jin), August 29, 2007, 12:45:05 am
Share this topic:
Anyone willing to help me?
#1  August 29, 2007, 12:45:05 am
  • I'm a neko, who needs help.
    • www.myspace.com/guerreronekojin
Ok so I started making a sanji, I am doing great so far I managed to make his sff and his first pallete and act. Now I have several sounds and everytime I put him in my select file and try to run mugen, it says he is an incomplete character, my causin tried helping me with thsi but he is as much as a n00b as me. So he finally did appear, but he literally needs help in programming and coding. I am asking to see if anyone would like to help me and my causin Ramon make Sanji for MUGEN? We could use alot more palettes and way better sounds. (In some sounds bites you can hear me and my causin as we were trying to record his voice from youtube videos and we were constantly talkign while in this process.) Yes I am using some JSS and a one piece game that was on the wonderswan system. (Japan only I think?) As you can see by my sig below we even made a sig for teh project and made a gif of sanji demostrating some moves. And moderators if this is in the wrong topic. Please put in the rightful place it should be. (Hopefully not the recycle bin.)

Thanks,
Guerrero (Neko-jin)
and Ramon (Vampiro Wolf Demon)

EDIT: We would prefer japanese sound bites if you do help us. English ones would be good too. We were recording spanish sound bites, so we have that covered.
Sanji:35%
Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 12:48:30 am by Guerrero (Neko-jin)
Re: Anyone willing to help me?
#2  August 29, 2007, 01:35:52 am
  • He got his ass pwned
thats pretty cool and u could look at kungfu mans code system if u need help on coding ur char
#3  August 29, 2007, 01:48:15 am
Been there done that, we are trying to make a custom template as we speak.
#4  August 29, 2007, 08:55:38 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
To be honest it sounds like you're going the right way about it as it is. You're trying things and working out how they work. Thats more important than anything else.

For the sounds, well you could re-record them without speaking.

Or get audacity (free) and use it's ability to record what's being played through your speakers. That way you'll get better quality and can talk as much as you like. Just don't have other things like MSN going that can make noises.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#5  August 30, 2007, 12:46:00 am
To be honest it sounds like you're going the right way about it as it is. You're trying things and working out how they work. Thats more important than anything else.

For the sounds, well you could re-record them without speaking.

Or get audacity (free) and use it's ability to record what's being played through your speakers. That way you'll get better quality and can talk as much as you like. Just don't have other things like MSN going that can make noises.

Jee, thanks but could you send me the link for audacity, it sounds like the program I was looking for. Me and my causin also need help with palettes and .SFF. Is there any program that can help us make them easier? I have downloaded Irfanview, XNview and IMG conversor 2. Isn't there a program like photoshop or MS paint, that is FREE? I know how to use all the programs above, but to pay $300 to make just one char for MUGEN? No way in hell am I doing that. So isn't there another program? Thanks....
#6  August 30, 2007, 02:04:43 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
a program like photoshop but free ? the gimp.

but as far as sprite editing goes a gfx gale + irfan view combo has everithing that you need.
#7  August 30, 2007, 02:19:52 am
Crap, My causin has left for a vacation for around 2 weeks. (Talk about perfect timing  --;) and he is the only one who knows how to make palettes...can anyone tell me how with the only programs that I have being Irfan view and XNview.
#8  August 30, 2007, 06:21:31 pm
  • \_(-.-)_/
    • USA
Get Fighter Factory.

Just swap selected colors with your own. Once you get used to it palettes shouldn't take more than 3 minutes

:P
#9  August 30, 2007, 06:27:14 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Sound editing

Audacity : http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Sony soundforge : Google and torrents are your friend.

FX,Editing,Palletes,etc

Gimp : http://www.gimp.org/

Paint shop pro 7 : Google and torrents are your friend.

Photoshop CS2 : Google and torrents are your friend.

Particle Illusion : Google and torrents are your friend.
#10  August 31, 2007, 02:45:20 am
Ay, que bueno es esto! Wow, thanks for all the help, I know I am kind of being a bother, but hey I'm just a n00b that is trying to make a MUGEN character. I mean I just don't wanna see other people's characters, everytime I see creators like, P.O.T.S., Sander 71113, R[E]IKA, KFM, Warner,DDR, Limited Moon, Rouge Noir, Necromancer, Warusaki3, and more just inspire me to make a new character, not the greatest of all the time, but something that could at least be at the same level of KFM, not to great, but can at least beat other characters. Anyways, I don't wanna bore you with a speech. (Already do that enough.  ::) ) But thanks for all the links and putting up with me, hopefully I'll release a beta soon.

Sinceraly,
Guerrero (Neko-jin)
and even though he ain't here, Ramon (Vampiro Wolf Demon)

(I know he would say thanks.)

P.S. Which freaking link do I click to download GIMP? *Is deeply confused.*