YesNoOk

Ryu Hoshi 4-in-1 Released By Don Drago (Read 16215 times)

Started by ^^, September 03, 2007, 02:54:14 am
Share this topic:

^^

Ryu Hoshi 4-in-1 Released By Don Drago
#1  September 03, 2007, 02:54:14 am
Re: Ryu Hoshi 4-in-1 Released By Don Drago
#2  September 03, 2007, 03:32:36 am
  • FUCK YOUR FACE. ;-)
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
This author.... He makes the coolest/Toughest Characters. Nice Post dude.

-Rock you!  ;P
#3  September 03, 2007, 07:18:47 am
Mm. Is it just me or is it that he doesn't feel like Ryu at all?

Maybe I haven't played SVC enough or something.

Why does Drago like to make his effects so ugly? Why can't he keep the original presentation of say .. Hadouken? & Ryu's  knockdown attack looks so wrong. Was it like that in SVC? I mean he just sticks his leg out and all of the sudden ... EnvShake, massive pushback knockdown business goes off.

And his throws don't really look right. I made him throw GM's Ken and all of them looked like Ken was having a spasm.

Btw Evil Ryu's stance is so exagerated that it's annoying.

Each to their own I guess. I don't like it at all.
#4  September 03, 2007, 08:53:53 am
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."
Mm. Is it just me or is it that he doesn't feel like Ryu at all?

Maybe I haven't played SVC enough or something.
Where did you get the idea it was a SvC Ryu? Because it's wrong, for Don Drago uses it's own Groove in his characters, which is a mix of all games the character got involved. And you would have probably liked it if you had played other games as much.
As I see, the character is coming along great as expected. Knockdown motion seemed strange to me too though. But this's not a final release, so I'm sure Don Drago will do everything for his character to become better in the end.
#5  September 03, 2007, 10:58:32 am
It's good to see a non-Evil Ryu with kickass AI. His evil version is even harder. I like how Don Drago made him a 6 button character, and the custom sprites are great.
#6  September 03, 2007, 03:54:04 pm
@ Kei Dasshuu: This character is in the Don Drago groove so its a little different.  He's gonna update it a couple of times as well so itll get better.  Still this is a great release.  Thanx for the news.
#7  September 03, 2007, 05:04:16 pm
    • www-personal.umich.edu/~tdkim/ziltama/
The Deijin Hadouken doesn't work at all.  It looks like he's going to fall through the floor, and the move aborts...but the charging effect is left behind.
#8  September 03, 2007, 05:29:56 pm
  • Lets Fight!
dont expect accuracy with kof/svc or SF game play, its a edited char with edited style (called dragon groove)

For a beta, is very fine, don drago update this char in the future, I am looking for next version  :sugoi:
Mugen for fun, not for idiots and some fallen stars.
#9  September 03, 2007, 05:54:28 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
To clear up the whole gameplay style thing,please read the readme since it contains this :

Let's put it straight FIRST:

This char was made in Drago Groove.

So, DON'T expect:

- King of Fighters' Series Gameplay;
- SNK VS Capcom Gameplay;
- Real Bout Fatal Fury Series Gameplay;
- Garou: Mark of The Wolves Gameplay;
- Capcom VS SNK Series Gameplay;
- Street Fighter Series Gameplay.
- SNK VS Capcom: Match of The Milllenium (from Neo Geo Pocket) Gameplay.
- any other similar gameplay.

I guess nobody bothers to read readme's anymore  :P
#10  September 03, 2007, 05:59:37 pm
Probably because nobody reads normal feedbacks either I guess, and rather go "this rock, it's not supposed to be accurate" ?
Why does Drago like to make his effects so ugly? Why can't he keep the original presentation of say .. Hadouken? & Ryu's  knockdown attack looks so wrong. I mean he just sticks his leg out and all of the sudden ... EnvShake, massive pushback knockdown business goes off.

And his throws don't really look right. I made him throw GM's Ken and all of them looked like Ken was having a spasm.
Removing all the SvC reference, those feedbacks still stand perfectly.
If it just. looks. wrong, being or not accurate isn't an excuse.

Note that I haven't actually tested the character, but just saying "hey it's not supposed to be accurate" doesn't make any sense when someone is telling you it looks wrong.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#11  September 03, 2007, 06:21:22 pm
  • Lets Fight!
Don dragon updated ryu 4in1

English
Well... upkoaded, updated and fixed!

@ the bugs:

1 - Denjin Hadouken state had the same number of the "lag" state for shinkuu Tatasumaki (I put a lag in the end of the moveto give us timte to counteract - for me, it's unfair when you guard a move and can't couteract. The bug is fixed now, and the AI knopw how to use Denjin Hadouken now.
2 - Strong Jodan sokutou Geri's velset was VERY high. (fixed)

Updates:

1 - a bit more of AI AI
2 - special intro: Normal or Classic Ryu vs Normal Ken (4-in-1)
3 - special intro: Normal or Classic Ryu vs Violent Ken (4-in-1)
4 - special intro: Evil Ryu vs Evil Ken(4-in-1)/Evil Ryu(4-in-1)

I've already made a demo video, but YouTube is still processing.

I'll upload Ken right now and the vid with the special intros, too.

ryu demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K53k6gy-2oU
Mugen for fun, not for idiots and some fallen stars.
#12  September 03, 2007, 11:21:58 pm
Probably because nobody reads normal feedbacks either I guess, and rather go "this rock, it's not supposed to be accurate" ?

Removing all the SvC reference, those feedbacks still stand perfectly.
If it just. looks. wrong, being or not accurate isn't an excuse.

Note that I haven't actually tested the character, but just saying "hey it's not supposed to be accurate" doesn't make any sense when someone is telling you it looks wrong.
You are mixing up things, Baiken. Kei Dasshu said: "Is it just me or is it that he doesn't feel like Ryu at all? Maybe I haven't played SVC enough or something", and people answered: "It's not supposed to be CvS accurate". No one was discarding his feedback. No one was saying: "He has misaligned sprites because he's not supposed to be accurate". You're imagining things. You're talking to yourself.

Anyway, effects doesn't look ugly to me, it's a matter of tastes. Yet knockdown motion looks weird to me too. And Don Drago can work some more on throws' hit state anims. But this topic won't help him anyway since he's not in MFG.

DM

#13  September 03, 2007, 11:34:50 pm
    • Brazil
    • www.rickiecreations.paodemugen.com.br
Any feedback is helpful, IMO. ;)
If he don't post here, I can inform for him about this feedbacks. ;P
#14  September 03, 2007, 11:38:25 pm
Any feedback is helpful, IMO. ;)
Not any feedback, only the one that reaches its destination :) Given that Don Drago doesn't look through this forum means he wouldn't know this topic's feedback. Good thing Don Drago has such men as you and I ;D
#15  September 04, 2007, 12:18:00 am
No one was discarding his feedback.
Uh, sure - he just said that he was wondering if this was supposed to be SvC accurate which would be a reason for him not to know it, and everyone simply went "he's not supposed to be accurate", without actually commenting the feedbacks.
Taking your own reply
Because it's wrong, for Don Drago uses it's own Groove in his characters, which is a mix of all games the character got involved. And you would have probably liked it if you had played other games as much.
while it might not have been what you meant, it looks as if you're "shifting" everything to it not being actually SvC accurate, while the SvC accuracy isn't even part of the feedback to begin with. That's what I mean. And yes, people are going defensive and only talking about how it's not supposed to be accurate, when it isn't even the question. SvC was only mentionned because he thought it might have been the reason he wasn't used to it, but it was irrelevant to the rest of his comment otherwise.
Of course one would wonder why everyone goes defensive about it not being supposed to be accurate, and not saying a thing on the comments.

I must insist that I specifically replied when K.O.D said texto "I guess people don't read readmes anymore" when accuracy was never the point to begin with. That's what I was talking about - and I did say it too. Thank you for not distording facts.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 12:34:20 am by Baiken
#16  September 04, 2007, 12:40:21 am
    • www-personal.umich.edu/~tdkim/ziltama/
He plays more like an amalgamation of SNK styles, except with 6-buttons.

The SDM's need a different super effect.  Negative grey scale doesn't look good, especially on dark stages.

The HSDM's use the KOF2002 background, which, never looked good in the first place.

Joudan Sokutou Geri (QCF+K) looks strange.  It's like Ryu is looking away and then suddenly turns his face around at the last instant.

The move list html file is also missing.

Again, Denjin Hadouken comment as above.

For Shun Goku Satsu, maybe he could use a different game's Ten Kanji symbol instead of SvC's.

Evil Ryu needs less teeth.

Clone Ryu needs less fist pump.  Try to have it cycle less.

The knockdown move seems underwhelming.  It would look better as an overhead kick that ended in the current knockdown kick frame.

The medium punch overhead has too long of a lag at startup.  You can actually hear the punch effect finish before the punch is actually thrown.

Super cancel/final impact graphics need to be changed.  The text graphics look fine, but the background turns into one color and looks terrible.
Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 02:05:15 am by ziltama
#17  September 04, 2007, 08:28:13 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Tested on first version

- CLSN for stand is retarded
- Joudan Sukotou Geri sprites aren't terribly fantastic. It looks like he ripped his neck. Plus, one of the sprites has a colored pixel over the head.
- When you perform Misogi (Shin Gouki by POTS) on him, his collapse anim just repeats. Code or AIR problem, I don't know.
- Where is my damage dampener ?
- He has Ken's AIR file in the folder. :P
- By smashing back and down several times and pressing punch, I can perform shakunetsu hadoken. o_O
- Dare to explain why F+b in supra devil mode leads to judan sukotou geri ?
- During the Shun Goku Satsu winpose, I believe Ryu should be behind the opponent, not in font.
- MAX Mode + 1/4 life to perform some moves. Gah, I hate that. Whatever...
- Tenma Kuujin Kyaku feels very very wrong. Doesn't feel powerful, Ryu seems to be diving in Matrix slow-motion mode, and it doesn't have any comboability.
- As said, the throws feel wrong.
- Where is my SF4 Dojo Ryu mode, where he mastered all the techniques after having Oro as master ? >:)

I know Drago groove isn't taken from any game, but is a mix between many existing things... but even in this case, you should be able to feel some gameplay mechanics from KOF, SVC or whatever. We should be able to feel if the hadoken behaves as in SVC, Joudan Sukotou Geri as in SF3 and SGS as in SFZ. Here, I don't feel anything like that. The gameplay feels rusty, or something like that. It clearly has to do with the hitpauses and the velocities, which don't feel right IMO.

This character, as Don Drago's other characters, has potential, but the strange/odd gameplay he gave him lets place for a lot of improvement. I'm sure he wouldn't care, but if he knows fighting games mechanics as well as Elix seems to say, he should perfectly know what feels good or not. I'd really look forward to all his characters if he gathered data from KOF and SF instead of making it by himself, resulting in this weird gameplay of his. :S

Also, concerning Ken, his small portrait is still one pixel too high.
And WTF is a Danger move ? DM means desperation move (well, that's a side note, and maybe he did that on purpose :P).
#18  September 04, 2007, 08:54:20 am
- When you perform Misogi (Shin Gouki by POTS) on him, his collapse anim just repeats. Code or AIR problem, I don't know.
I just caught this today.

Cybaster's damn good at this, so I supposed you guys could get Drago over on this topic to fix some stuff.

We should be able to feel if the hadoken behaves as in SVC
+1
Finally someone says something about his Hadouken. It's seriously looks and feels fucked. Same with Shoryuken. But it seems that no one wants to agree with me because apparently this Ryu is designed to -not- feel AND look right?

Joudan Sukotou Geri as in SF3
Except that these editted sprites use about 3 frames for it whilst the SF3 one uses about 8x more, so I wouldn't know how he is going to make it feel that accurate. But yeah, since this Ryu doesn't have EX attacks, I would imagine a counter hit from Joudan Sukotou Geri would have critical wire effects like the EX version from SF3. I also think the alignment or posadd or whatever Drago did for this attack is seriously off.

And the SF4 Dojo Ryu mode ( ::) ), not only that but instead of devil shin klonevil mode, you can have an Evil Ryu mode (without the teeth and eyes) where could have some chains and a movelist related to the Evil Ryu from SFZ or CVS. And then an Evil Ryu mode that would somewhat reflect Evil Ryu from a more recent time with some SF3 additions to it. Which means a classic Evil Ryu mode with combos (multi-hit Tatsumaki, multi-hit Shoryuken with juggling ability, quicker, etc), then a more SF3-slanted Evil Ryu mode with less combo-ability and slower but able to hit harder.

Maybe take an approach like having the normal Ryu modes have more defence and a narrow movelist whilst the Evil modes have a broader movelist but less defence to achieve some balance between the different modes.

That's just me. It fits better than having a devil klonevil mode where Ryu looks like he is cosplaying for Friday the 13th or something.
#19  September 04, 2007, 11:36:17 am
@Cybaster
That's a really nice feedback here. I'll make sure Don Drago reads this.
#20  September 04, 2007, 11:58:46 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Kei Dasshu said: "Is it just me or is it that he doesn't feel like Ryu at all? Maybe I haven't played SVC enough or something", and people answered: "It's not supposed to be CvS accurate".
I know a lot of Ryus that aren't accurate yet feel like the real deal, this ain't one. Kudos on the sprite work though.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.