YesNoOk

Halo 3 Baby!!! (Read 35295 times)

Started by Toph The Earthbender, September 17, 2007, 11:21:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Halo 3 Baby!!!
#61  September 22, 2007, 06:31:12 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
all these people hate on Halo, but in reality, the numbers don't lie. For it to be so "generic" the sales are phenomenal. Just because a select few people don't buy it, isn't going to knock it's success.

It's no suprise to me though, people will always hate what is very successful. In This case, Halo. Haze, and company will not be hated, nor will they do well in the market, lol.
Sales don't represent success in terms of being a good game.  A great game can be poorly marketed, and a fair game can have lots of $ in marketing.  Having not much choice in the market also "forces" people to buy an inferior product.  A game's value should only consider the game itself, not the number of people who forked over cash for it.  I won't make a GWB comparison... wait.

name a game that allowed dual wielding, dual wielding 2 different guns, and independent fire of both guns, all at the same time, before Halo 2??? No game has done that before Halo 2. I'm sick of this "games already had dual wielding" but none has done what Halo has done with it, and every time I call an idiot out on it, they can never back it up, so I'm calling you out, name a game that combined all 3 elements of dual wielding and used them before Halo 2, name 1 game.
Goldeneye.
Halo2 is a good game though.. :P

And ive played Golden eye alot you can not shoot one gun at a time with dual wielding.
Golden eye did not have true Dual Wielding.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#62  September 22, 2007, 06:34:05 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Golden eye did not have true Dual Wielding.
There weren't enough physical buttons on the N64 controller to do it and retain all the other features.  Otherwise they probably would have.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#63  September 22, 2007, 06:37:25 pm
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
A great game that got NO advertising and little sales, but was one of the BEST games you never heard of was GodHand.

Game did poor in sales, cause it didn''t get any good exposure. Having that said, it is one of the absolute best beat-em-ups you could ever ever play

proof that sales =/= "how good a game is"

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#64  September 22, 2007, 06:44:59 pm
all these people hate on Halo, but in reality, the numbers don't lie. For it to be so "generic" the sales are phenomenal. Just because a select few people don't buy it, isn't going to knock it's success.

It's no suprise to me though, people will always hate what is very successful. In This case, Halo. Haze, and company will not be hated, nor will they do well in the market, lol.
Sales don't represent success in terms of being a good game.  A great game can be poorly marketed, and a fair game can have lots of $ in marketing.  Having not much choice in the market also "forces" people to buy an inferior product.  A game's value should only consider the game itself, not the number of people who forked over cash for it.  I won't make a GWB comparison... wait.

name a game that allowed dual wielding, dual wielding 2 different guns, and independent fire of both guns, all at the same time, before Halo 2??? No game has done that before Halo 2. I'm sick of this "games already had dual wielding" but none has done what Halo has done with it, and every time I call an idiot out on it, they can never back it up, so I'm calling you out, name a game that combined all 3 elements of dual wielding and used them before Halo 2, name 1 game.
Goldeneye.

moron, goldeneye could not, it was impossible for it to. you could not fire each gun independently, nor could you dual wield different guns and reload them independently. People don't know what the fuck they're talking about most of the time.

Werther  or not a game is good is solely an opinion, but sales do not lie. If Halo is as bad as you say, it would not sell so well, bottom line. So you're saying Kabuki Warriors is a great game since it didn't sell well? I see moronic logic there. It's a known fact that bad games do not sell and good ones do

Numbers do not lie, and the amount of numbers that Halo moves, that speaks for itself.

Come this Tuesday, Halo will show why it's one of the best FPS series out there, and you'll all sit and bitch and moan about it because it will, while I'll be having fun with a top notch FPS
#65  September 22, 2007, 07:06:40 pm
moron, goldeneye could not, it was impossible for it to. you could not fire each gun independently, nor could you dual wield different guns and reload them independently. People don't know what the fuck they're talking about most of the time.
Messatsu two posts ago said:
There weren't enough physical buttons on the N64 controller to do it and retain all the other features.  Otherwise they probably would have.
halo fanboys :gonk:
#66  September 22, 2007, 07:08:22 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
In Golden eye the dual weild was a seperate Gun.  ;)
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#67  September 22, 2007, 07:50:55 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends/

QFT.
Poorly sold masterpieces = Godhand, Psychonauts, BG&E etc.
Crappy games that somewhat managed to sold in millions = DRIV3R, majority of move-based games etc. See also THIS

At least I'm glad to not hear yet a Far Cry fanboy there......
#68  September 22, 2007, 08:29:16 pm

I said dual wield separate guns and reload them independently

Halo is a great game, people, get over it. You don't see people talking about trash like DRIV3R and it's sales because it's a crap game. Halo is good simply because it is, the numbers show it, and it's widely talked about. Everyone is talking about it, you are, I am, everyone is. 
#69  September 22, 2007, 09:08:17 pm
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
Your "Sales = GREAT GAME" logic is fail...but you keep using it?

Halo is a great game, people, get over it. You don't see people talking about trash like DRIV3R and it's sales because it's a crap game. Halo is good simply because it is, the numbers show it, and it's widely talked about. Everyone is talking about it, you are, I am, everyone is. 
QFT.
Crappy games that somewhat managed to sold in millions = DRIV3R, majority of move-based games etc. See also THIS
"50 cent: Bulletproof" sold over a million quite quickly...'nuff...

People here (Guild and actually my city) would rather play with 4 people on Golden Eye than with more than 4 on Halo...they don't really care for *ZOMG DUAL WEILD WEAPONZ? WARTHOGZ? GUY WITH HELMETZ? I CAME!*

#70  September 22, 2007, 09:11:56 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
I'm just imparcial. I don't think Halo sucks but I don't think it's the brightest bulb in the box either.

#71  September 22, 2007, 09:21:57 pm
  • Chicks dig me. (SDS Overfiend is the Gamertag)
    • wrestlingarena2.free.fr/star.html
Who gives a shit about storylines? SSB had/has no storyline ppl like it..

And btw Sticky grenades came from Timesplitters 2

Shit in this Hellhole they worship it.

BTW what year did sticky grenade debut in Timesplitters?
Cause if you say anything after 2001 your wrong.
Timesplitters came out in October of 2000, Halo 1 came out over a year later

You said Timesplitters 2 not one spin doctor LOL!
Your "Sales = GREAT GAME" logic is fail...but you keep using it?

QFT.
"50 cent: Bulletproof" sold over a million quite quickly...'nuff...

People here (Guild and actually my city) would rather play with 4 people on Golden Eye than with more than 4 on Halo...they don't really care for *ZOMG DUAL WEILD WEAPONZ? WARTHOGZ? GUY WITH HELMETZ? I CAME!*

Nah its just no high speed connections in you area. Stop making its seem like you coming on a different angle Goldeneye was good for its time cause i love that game but i've been spoiled by Halo so no im not going to say i rather play Goldeneye cause people know i'd be in denial.

A great game that got NO advertising and little sales, but was one of the BEST games you never heard of was GodHand.

Game did poor in sales, cause it didn''t get any good exposure. Having that said, it is one of the absolute best beat-em-ups you could ever ever play

Man get the fuck outta dodge. That game start out good with decent idea then got boring real quick.
i swear, Stupid muthafokkers exist all over this board!
Nonetheless Dickriders get all of the Attention!
Go Figure.
--------------
Yes online Gaming is important........ Who Else are you gonna practice on?
http://wrestlingarena2.free.fr/star.html

Beta Kagetsura can still be found here.
http://wrestlingarena2.free.fr/Kagetsura.rar
#72  September 22, 2007, 09:32:13 pm
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
...but you asked "BTW what year did sticky grenade debut in Timesplitters?"
you technically asked 1 not 2 spin doctor LOL!

+ IIRC in 1, they had mines that you can throw that stick to whatever you threw them at, meaning not just walls/floors/etc can have a mine on them...
The sticky grenade from Halo is nothnig more than a mine with Blue Fire on it  --;

no high speed connections? thats just fucking stupid. theres highspeed all around. Halo is generic. a Marine fighting aliens, OMG! AvP did that, too...

"get the fuck outa dodge"? que?
I've beaten GodHand like 5 times, and i am already on my 6th playthrough and i'm not bored at all with it. it takes a lot to keep me interested in a beat-em up om general.  *game IS hard, that's why its so great. challenging. and it makes nearly NO SENSE!*

#73  September 23, 2007, 04:15:33 am
P.S. Gears of war is superior.

Quoted for emphasis.

They're not even in the same genre.
Well, I dunno, if you consider Shooter a genre, they both fall under it.

Though, they are different types of shooter.

Exactly too many subgenres to group them together. You have Shoot 'em ups, Rail shooter, Run-and-gun shooter, Shooting gallery, Light-gun, First-person, sidescrolling and Third-person.
#74  September 23, 2007, 05:10:38 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
I see what you did there.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#75  September 23, 2007, 08:27:01 am
  • SNK is life
Crappy games that somewhat managed to sold in millions = DRIV3R
DRIV3R sold millions maybe because DRIVER 2 was one of the most brilliant driving/adventure games for the Playstation.

I would have bought it as well, knowing Driver 2 Kicked so much fucking ass.
I didn't though because a friend bought it first and said it was nothing like 2 :-X