YesNoOk

Burter (Choujin Style) -- Mugen DBZ DReam [NOW WITH AI!!] (Read 38838 times)

Started by stig87, September 26, 2007, 07:58:49 pm
Share this topic:
Burter (Choujin Style) -- Mugen DBZ DReam [NOW WITH AI!!]
#1  September 26, 2007, 07:58:49 pm
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
My favorite WIP. I pulled him out of the hat while on my Captain Ginyu Creator's Block. I wasn't going to start on him but then the ideas came coming. Then AcesHigh showed me his Jeice edits, and the lightbulb was brighter than ever. Jeice is meant to be fully integrated into his gameplay. He can be called in at any time (for a cost) however he drains ki(power), and will leave upon power reaching zero. Hits done by Jeice do not add any power. Purple flash attack can only be done with jeice. All other supers, modified by his presence. The charge is still available with Jeice, but it's near useless(very risky) due to the powerdrain.
For those of you wondering if the character can actually fight without jeice....Don't worry, he's fast, and his combos are deadly.
A nice guild member suggested that I not make all my characters the same.....This is my response.

Sprites Ripped by Me..and some from an old MGBR Thread
Additional Sprites (Burter & Jeice) Created by me.
Original Concept for Jeice Edit by AcesHigh
DJ_Sturks for Jeice and burter Sounds.
SuperMystery, K.O.D, DJ Sturks for Testing.
Effects and certain moves derived from various Choujin Characters

Get him at my site(Check the Sig)
or the alternate address if bandwidth is over.

I'm Basically Retired. Don't ask me to code or create anything, All my stuff is open source.\
mugendream.com
Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 02:55:48 am by stig87
Re: Burter (Choujin Style) -- Mugen DBZ DReam
#2  September 26, 2007, 10:53:59 pm
  • Self Programmer
Burter havent  a "Hadouken Normal Special" (Hadouken from Ryu OMFG) or a Ki Attacks (Except in the battle   with Jeice)
His moves are based on speed ;)

BTW gj
#3  September 27, 2007, 12:42:47 am
  • Fiercest Wii in all the Grand Line!
    • muohio.facebook.com/profile.php?id=7727301
Sweet, Burter is finally released! I'll let you know that I anticipate you and everyone else's choujin-styled dbz characters. Great job, and keep up the work!

#4  September 27, 2007, 02:01:52 am
  • I´m Onslaught...
Congratulations on your Burter release stig87!!
I`ll be more than glad to give this guy a place in my mugen roster,and as it`s your 3rd char,i assume he came out even better than Trunks and Super Buu :sugoi:

Spoiler: Tribute (click to see content)
#5  September 27, 2007, 05:42:12 am
  • Veamos chicas!
    • El Salvador
Nice Release, more DBZ chars for mugen !!  :happy2:

how about to make Recoom now ?  ;)
No estaba muerto
#6  September 27, 2007, 05:57:58 am
  • Fiercest Wii in all the Grand Line!
    • muohio.facebook.com/profile.php?id=7727301
Hehe, you should make a Guldo. Or...lets see...Ultimate Gohan!

#7  September 27, 2007, 08:35:56 am
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
I'm Basically Retired. Don't ask me to code or create anything, All my stuff is open source.\
mugendream.com
#8  September 27, 2007, 04:17:32 pm
hmm, hes not that bad

no wait, hes pretty great, but not anymore cuz i deeply hate DBZ

No Borders, No Nations
#9  September 27, 2007, 06:29:58 pm
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
My main page is over the bandwidth for the month of September. Please use the alternate address

Mugendream.angelfire.com
mugendream.com
#10  September 27, 2007, 06:33:02 pm
  • "In case you're wondering, you've lost."
    • USA
Hey, Stig...when I use the alternate addy it takes me to the correct site...but when I click the link to DL Burter, it takes me to the "yourfilehot" index page instead of the DL page...so I can't DL him
#11  September 27, 2007, 07:31:44 pm
The web that you hosting burter was blocked in my country damn thai Government >:D
#12  September 27, 2007, 07:52:28 pm
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
Hey, Stig...when I use the alternate addy it takes me to the correct site...but when I click the link to DL Burter, it takes me to the "yourfilehot" index page instead of the DL page...so I can't DL him

try it again now, it worked just now for me.
Its the second day of release, the website is going to be hot with traffic. its got 1400 downloads right now
The web that you hosting burter was blocked in my country damn thai Government >:D
give me your email and i'll send you a copy.
mugendream.com
#13  September 27, 2007, 08:05:01 pm
#14  September 28, 2007, 08:49:36 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Quite a good character, with some sweet ideas.

- Big portrait is ugly IMO. Plus, it's misaligned and really too big.
- Default palette should be on button X to match Choujin style. :P
- QCB+y doesn't have any hitspark.
- D,B,F+b (alone) results in some afterimage remaining at the end of the move. It looks strange.
- Using SF2 fireballs ? They look odd (though they're okay, mind you).
- No alternative palettes for Jeice ?
- You can easily deal 200 damage by chaining weak crouch kicks (and sometimes one hard crouching kick at the end).
- If you go frame by frame when Burter gets hit and is falling down, you'll notice that he's in horizontal position, then goes back into vertical position before touching the ground (sprite 5030,30).
- You should try to edit some air guard sprites instead of using the ground ones.
- I only tested in training mode, so I don't know how much you can actually remove in a real match, but this is what happens if you can put the opponent between you and Jeice and smash the x button :

Anyway, thanks for this character. He plays well and has some nice ideas ("Jeice mode" being one of them, of course). Now, let's see what you can come out with concerning Ginyu. :)
#15  September 28, 2007, 08:38:13 pm
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
Quite a good character, with some sweet ideas.

- Big portrait is ugly IMO. Plus, it's misaligned and really too big.
- I only tested in training mode, so I don't know how much you can actually remove in a real match, but this is what happens if you can put the opponent between you and Jeice and smash the x button :

Anyway, thanks for this character. He plays well and has some nice ideas ("Jeice mode" being one of them, of course). Now, let's see what you can come out with concerning Ginyu. :)
Thanks for the feedback. i wall take all of this into account in an update release(which will hopefully have AI)

and I know my portrait isnt pretty. I'm not good ad spriting JPGs. I'm open to anyone who can make me a prettier one.
as long as its big and fits in with the other (super sonic warriors) pics that I(and choujin) use for our portraits.
mugendream.com
#16  September 28, 2007, 10:04:43 pm
  • nyoro~n
Great character, but I think Jeice should've just been his own separate character. Just my opinion.

That dog is in no way delicious...or is it?
#17  September 28, 2007, 10:07:59 pm
  • Planeswalker
I really like Burter, him teaming up with Jeice is working great, seems a bit like MvC stuff. His moves are pretty fast, making him a deadly fighter, well done!

Oh yeah, a bit off topic and i know your not the creator, but Choujin style Gohan's Masenko seems kind of overpowered compared to the other fighters.

For the next character suggestions like already said Guldo is pretty cool, and i saw your working on the Captain himself , will he able to do the Body Change with any character in the game? What would make me really happy as next character is Raditz (because he is my favourite :P).
#18  September 28, 2007, 10:10:54 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
I really like Burter, him teaming up with Jeice is working great, seems a bit like MvC stuff. His moves are pretty fast, making him a deadly fighter, well done!

Oh yeah, a bit off topic and i know your not the creator, but Choujin style Gohan's Masenko seems kind of overpowered compared to the other fighters.

For the next character suggestions like already said Guldo is pretty cool, and i saw your working on the Captain himself , will he able to do the Body Change with any character in the game? What would make me really happy as next character is Raditz (because he is my favourite :P).
I don't think he will make Guldo he probably doesn't have the sprites, and Guldo isn't really a main part of the team.
Recoome would be a better choice.  ;)
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#19  September 30, 2007, 05:28:33 pm
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
Great character, but I think Jeice should've just been his own separate character. Just my opinion.

I thought about that, but jeice has no original moves. Being an edit of vegeta, all of his supers would ahve been just vegeta's. Also the inclusion of jeice is what makes burter a dynamic character. Without him, burter would be a boring character also and moves like Purple Flash, wouldnt be possible. I figured it would be more feasible for me to make one Good character with interesting gameplay, than to make two bland fighters who only faught for 1 Episode (of nearly 300) It only seemed sensible to me to put them together.

Which gohan, I assume your talking about Chibi Kid Gohan, SSJ songoku isnt done making him. He is juest a beta release, and he will have many fixes in a later release.

Not Kung Fu Man is right.. Guildo doesnt have any sprites, and he faught even less than an episode. Besides Time freeze, and the telekenisis I dont know what else he has.

I've seen a raditzs edit somewhere

I don't think he will make Guldo he probably doesn't have the sprites, and Guldo isn't really a main part of the team.
Recoome would be a better choice.  ;)
Recoome  is already on the radar.I already have his sprites, and He faught more episodes than Ginyu........he actually has more potential moves.

BTW since this is Burters thread, Conversation about future WIPs are more suited for the WIP topic
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=62855.0
so plz post none Burter messages there.
mugendream.com
#20  October 01, 2007, 08:02:44 pm
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
mugendream.com