YesNoOk

Samurai Shodown Game (Read 46034 times)

Started by recruta42, October 13, 2007, 08:55:00 pm
Samurai Shodown Game
#1  October 13, 2007, 08:55:00 pm
  • Call me Private42.
Hi everyboady...

This board here will be used to discuss about my project of a samurai shodown game for mugen...

I decided to request a special board for my project specially cause I need to document it since the project is getting bigger and I am losing control of the modifications I do while upgrading the game... Also this space will be used to debate with community idea, critics, suggestions, tips, etc...

My only partner until now on this long journey is Bidu and he is doing an excelent job aliging the sprite packs I send to him.

For those of you that still don´t know...there is a beta to see how the project is going stored on the following link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/17528140/d2e0f96a/SamuraiShodownProject003.html

What the project has until now:

- 5 chars made (Haohmaru, Rasetsumaru, Ranzo, Zankuro and Yoshitora)
- 3 W.I.P. chars (Ukyo, Kyoshiro and Gen-an)
- Life/Power/Special Effects bar screen pack
- Tag Team

The full chars have all their basic moves, intros, win poses, lose poses, normal attacks, special attacks, hyper attacks.

At the moment I am restructurating the entire HITState plataform at the same time I work on Gen-an while Bidu is aligning Ukyo´s normal attacks.

Very soon I will be posting here lots of topics concerning how I code the project and how I do the other stuff..

I hope to see the community contributing with comments/suggestions/ideas on the topics.

Here goes some recent pictures:

See ya...

Re: Samurai Shodown Game
#2  October 14, 2007, 12:24:49 am
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
Oh wow very well done.
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
#3  October 14, 2007, 12:32:03 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
will there be finishing style moves like in SSV Special?
#4  October 14, 2007, 04:09:28 am
  • Call me Private42.
will there be finishing style moves like in SSV Special?

There is still no plans for this.

The reason is that it´s just an insane work for a beautifull effect...I am a hardcore fighting game player and my focus will always be more on gameplay than in special endings, intros, fatals, etc...but eventually ...If someone decides to join the project for this...
#5  October 14, 2007, 04:43:37 am
  • ITS MORPHING TIME!!!
    • Trinidad and Tobago
    • http://www.mediafire.com/?qt39a5kvdd0a5,sf1v19c639n01,e3ctsei5sid20,5i0jjcjri7zvl,g2led8bz1uj54,47gwixx3kw399,ytydyqlxfd7b4
Hey this projects is becoming quite the game, i like what you did so far and i was wondering what style of gameplay you were aiming for SS1, 2, 3, 4, 5...etc. Are you going to add the "Rage Explosion" like in SS5 you know the mode when you reach at full power and by pressing A, B, C, D. ;P
#6  October 14, 2007, 09:30:12 am
  • Call me Private42.
Hey this projects is becoming quite the game, i like what you did so far and i was wondering what style of gameplay you were aiming for SS1, 2, 3, 4, 5...etc. Are you going to add the "Rage Explosion" like in SS5 you know the mode when you reach at full power and by pressing A, B, C, D. ;P

Rage Explosion and issen already on the beta right now...just press Medium + Special and you will see...

Here goes some pics..

#7  October 15, 2007, 12:18:00 am
  • ITS MORPHING TIME!!!
    • Trinidad and Tobago
    • http://www.mediafire.com/?qt39a5kvdd0a5,sf1v19c639n01,e3ctsei5sid20,5i0jjcjri7zvl,g2led8bz1uj54,47gwixx3kw399,ytydyqlxfd7b4
Ahh i see i was doing it wrong the whole time...lol and thanks that helped. :sugoi:

Nice Shots by the way.
#8  October 15, 2007, 01:15:02 am
  • Kyosuke + Ky Kiske = Kensuke?
This truly is an impressive venture that you have embarked on.

I am in total support and would like to contribute what knowledge i know about ss to you...

I have been recently been playing a lot of ssv so i can help with accuracy as far as that, with yoshitora, ukyo primarily and many others.. secondary.

As soon as possible I shall give you feed back as far as your beta.
~Ultimate Kensuke of the True Lightning~

Real Bout High School Battle

Coming.....soon....
#9  October 15, 2007, 06:19:34 pm
    • Argentina
during rage mode it would be powered moves like ss4?
#10  October 16, 2007, 05:54:55 am
  • SNK is life
Just dropping by to say HEY I really don't know all that much about the Samsho Saga... but so far from what I've seen of your game... man, it's coming out really sexy  :sugoi:
#11  October 16, 2007, 10:43:29 am
  • Call me Private42.
Thanks man...

About raged attacks it is a great possibility that probably will happen in the future.
#12  October 16, 2007, 09:02:29 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
As I said before, I'm very glad you still continue with this project with your team, congrats for your own subforum ;)

And I'm very intrigated about Gen-an, will you make as he appeared in SS6 or like in SS1-2?? (since I don't played SS6 and I don't know if Gen-an as the same powers than SS1-2)

Good luck with them ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#13  October 17, 2007, 01:04:58 am
  • Call me Private42.
As I said before, I'm very glad you still continue with this project with your team, congrats for your own subforum ;)

And I'm very intrigated about Gen-an, will you make as he appeared in SS6 or like in SS1-2?? (since I don't played SS6 and I don't know if Gen-an as the same powers than SS1-2)

Good luck with them ;)

He will be like hist SS6 mate...I am looking for someone to make up his suicide move since he appears to not have one...

#14  October 17, 2007, 02:47:44 am
    • Chile
I like to read that :D I want your guide about his new powers in SS6 (I want to make a "Bust mode" in a future with those powers)

And, you can make that suicide move as my Gen-an's Honourable Death (intoxicates himself with his Poison Breath) or maybe throw his claw to the sky and rip himself in the fall ;)

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#15  October 18, 2007, 11:25:41 am
  • Call me Private42.
I like to read that :D I want your guide about his new powers in SS6 (I want to make a "Bust mode" in a future with those powers)

And, you can make that suicide move as my Gen-an's Honourable Death (intoxicates himself with his Poison Breath) or maybe throw his claw to the sky and rip himself in the fall ;)

How is the suicide move of your gen-an or where I can see it ? I will do it...
#16  October 18, 2007, 11:34:47 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#17  October 18, 2007, 04:19:00 pm
    • Chile

#18  October 20, 2007, 09:07:35 am
  • MUGEN MK creator & Samurai Shodown player
You wanted to say "Honourable Death"/Suicide move ?
So far in SS4 it replenishes full POW bar in next round, in SS5 it replenishes part depending on how outrageous character is; and in SS5special it replenishes none
#19  October 20, 2007, 12:02:01 pm
    • Chile
You wanted to say "Honourable Death"/Suicide move ?
So far in SS4 it replenishes full POW bar in next round, in SS5 it replenishes part depending on how outrageous character is; and in SS5special it replenishes none
In my char, the Honourable death was made as in SS4 (since my Gen-an was made with SS4 gameplay), that's mean you lost the round, but the next you start with full power bar ;)

#20  October 20, 2007, 11:18:36 pm
  • Flat "Beat"?
looks very interesting. well not a mortal kombat kind of fighting game but it looks cool  ;D
put SAMURAI JACK in the game  :sugoi: that would be awesome