YesNoOk

Something terrible has happened to Reu... (Read 76055 times)

Started by VinnyJ, November 25, 2007, 03:04:52 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Something terrible has happened to Reu...
#341  December 01, 2007, 03:10:21 am
thats very fucked up :'(
#342  December 01, 2007, 04:34:23 am
  • The King of Hearts
You guys did a great job on the article. :yes: Its really great to see how he lived, instead of what he created. Reu would be proud. :) My prayers go out to him and his family.  :'(

RISE SHINING GUNDAM !!
#343  December 01, 2007, 06:00:02 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
OMG! This is terribly sad! I don't have more words to say... I'm really surprised with this.
God will receive you in Heaven Reu, R.I.P.

The worst news I've read before...

See ya...
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#344  December 01, 2007, 07:49:14 pm
the gifted are always taken away from us

i hope your in a better place now Reu

R.I.P......
#345  December 02, 2007, 05:04:01 am
Man...that just sucks...man
#346  December 02, 2007, 07:42:06 am
  • The blacksmith of tears
To think we knew him just as a legendary mugen creator and finding how much of a great person he was.  Damn, it really hurts the heart :(.  In the end this might show us that we must give the extra mile, and go beyond what we think is imposible and reach our goals no mather the obstacles we are to cross.  We have that potential and I think we must get off the couch and start walkig forward, without regrets, just like Reu did ( yeah, that applies to me too :))  I think maybe it's time for me to make more effort to become a manga artist even if it means making a detour from mugen...

I'm reading this topic and I rememer just now the Dragonclaw stage thread.  At that time, after a little pondering I tought about creating a couple of hand drawn stages for Dragonclaw.  It's sad that if I succesfully release the stages it will have more of a memorial feel to many. 

I think we should ease the sour feeling a bit.  Right now I can only say rest in peace, warrior.

The Eternal Fighter Zero Infinity Proyect: COMING SOON, that or whenever I feel like it.

I'm alsoworking on some hand drawn stages ;)

Thank you for showing us our true potential, Reuben Kee
Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 07:48:36 am by Mugen-Hut [SOSDANmember]
#347  December 02, 2007, 09:10:37 pm
  • Would Ichigo Kurosagi make a good InuYasha person?
    • z7.invisionfree.com/Edge_Forums/
Wow, I saw it on RandomSelect and I couldn't believe it. That was very sudden news--didn't expect to see that. I'm sad now ;-; he created my favorite characters T.T
#348  December 02, 2007, 09:47:14 pm
What the hell thats fucked up he has the best evil ken and ryu :sad2:  :'(
#349  December 02, 2007, 10:05:16 pm
    • Germany
I gave my opinion about the wiki article to kfm already - reu is in no way significant enough to have his own entry in an encyclopedia. read the article on that, he does not meet a single criteria.

Try to view it from an independent point of view. The first paragraph involves two online activities already, and what languages he speaks... in his free time activities it is mentioned that he designed the t-shirts for his dragon boating team... &gt;_&gt;

Sorry but what you are doing there is just cluttering up the wiki and giving the admins unnecessary extra work. If the article isn't deleted then it is because noone noticed...
#350  December 02, 2007, 10:17:06 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
So, being a member of a national squad team, Mr. Singapore 2007, and music composer for a film is not enough to have an own entry in an encyclopedia??

I agree with you that the article needs a bit more polishing and better writing style, but Reu meets the criteria to be included in the wiki.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#351  December 02, 2007, 10:29:52 pm
    • Germany
#352  December 02, 2007, 11:18:49 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Those three may appear in the (whatever language is local to the region Reu died in) section of Wikipedia.  Those three probably have pretty low significance to an English speaking audience.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#353  December 04, 2007, 12:27:50 am
  • The MUGEN site launched by Nate Speed, Inc.!
    • www.freewebs.com/natespeedsmugencentral
Goodbye, Reu. Rest in peace.  :'(
For MUGEN creators only! Not for Nate Speed, Inc. haters! >:(
#354  December 04, 2007, 12:44:06 am
  • I never really was on your side.
    • www.mugenguild.com/~davidgee
Hate to rain on the parade here, but this is really shameful. Making a Wikipedia article about the guy is quite purely and simply this: spam, the scourge of the Internet. That's what blogs are for.
#355  December 04, 2007, 03:45:13 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
I disagree with you, though conversely I feel that's what a lot of the "DragonClaw youtube video" tributes are (note I don't mean all of them, just a few folks are using it for their own little agenda(s)).

He was important to a lot of people all around Dave, and a lot of people here have stated they didn't know some of the stuff there, and understood him better for it. That seems a more worthwhile tribute no?
#356  December 04, 2007, 05:45:00 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
while i pretty much agree with dave's opinion overall, this is the wikipedia, even the girls from naked news have wikipedia entries...

DMK

#357  December 04, 2007, 05:56:37 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
If it'd be alright. Since this is more of a memorial thread. Would it be okay to split this into another topic possibley?

Not trying to sound rude of course.
#358  December 04, 2007, 06:45:00 pm
  • I am the Maverick of Death!
Your works entitle greatness and even though I didn't know you personally I considered you a friend amongst the guild.  Your talents in all your mediums will be missed.  You will be missed.... Good with God my friend and we only hope that one day we will meet again.
I'm just too damn busy with college for RIOT Control.

R.I.P Reu-  You will be missed but never forgotten!
#359  December 04, 2007, 10:08:34 pm
  • I never really was on your side.
    • www.mugenguild.com/~davidgee
#360  December 04, 2007, 10:29:28 pm
  • Never give up
I disagree with you, though conversely I feel that's what a lot of the "DragonClaw youtube video" tributes are (note I don't mean all of them, just a few folks are using it for their own little agenda(s)).
Yeah, some are probably using the tributes to get more subscribers/bring more attention to their other videos.