YesNoOk

A new engine FEO (Fighting Engine Online) like Mugen with multiplayer network. (Read 21445 times)

Started by becoolnike, December 29, 2007, 10:05:41 am
Share this topic:
A new engine FEO (Fighting Engine Online) like Mugen with multiplayer network.
#1  December 29, 2007, 10:05:41 am
I am developing a Fighting game engine like mugen, but this will be more powerfull because its Directx9 engine, Scripting language, and its network feature. So far I am in the last step of the developing of the first version.

You can download the demo so far going to google code.
http://code.google.com/p/feo/

Comments?
Updated: 5/10/2010
Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 06:21:59 am by becoolnike
Re: A new engine FEO (Fighting Engine Online) like Mugen with multiplayer network.
#2  December 29, 2007, 10:19:33 am
  • Mugen means Infinite
    • idiotboxtv.net/
so u can make ure own chars
and its sayin this application has failed to start because d3dx9_33.dll was not found
Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 10:23:57 am by housemastr
Re: A new engine FEO (Fighting Engine Online) like Mugen with multiplayer network.
#3  December 29, 2007, 10:22:17 am
  • Just another MUGEN Fan ^^
wut chars are on the demo?

#4  December 29, 2007, 10:30:39 am
Only ryu is included. You can make your own chars. The sprites,anim info, tigger files are located in the data folder. It is limited i havent code his specials yet. only basic martial arts.

This is only a pre beta version.
 You need to have installed directx9 c for least for run the demo.

The sf is compartible with Mugen's sff.
The animation file "a.txt" it is also compartible with mugen
The sound file is also compartible using a tool
But you must a tool for conver them into Feo's formats.

FEO supports high qualitty sprites(16,24,32 bits)jpeg,bitmap ect  files.
alot of features.

I will release the documentation for making a char as soon as i finish the first version with network feature.

All is the same for making a char like mugen expect you have to learn an easy scription language.

Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 10:41:49 am by becoolnike
#5  December 29, 2007, 10:41:33 am
  • Mugen means Infinite
    • idiotboxtv.net/
i have directx9 installed it just wont show
#6  December 29, 2007, 10:53:49 am
open GetDXVer.exe and see your version you  should see for least "directx9 c" for run the demo.
if you dont have it just update it.
#7  December 29, 2007, 10:56:32 am
  • Mugen means Infinite
    • idiotboxtv.net/
it sayz directx9 installed
#8  December 29, 2007, 11:03:40 am
#9  December 29, 2007, 11:10:36 am
  • Mugen means Infinite
    • idiotboxtv.net/
im gettin tired of bitchin it works but how do u make da chars
and i cant punch or kick i no da its 123456 2 use da moves but it wont work
o thx
#10  December 29, 2007, 11:23:06 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
im gettin tired of bitchin it works but how do u make da chars
IT'S A BETA !

Make character for Mugen for now. Once everything works for this engine, maybe you can think about making chars for it by reading the documentation the creator will put.
#11  December 29, 2007, 11:26:13 am
  • Mugen means Infinite
    • idiotboxtv.net/
o my fault --;
#12  December 29, 2007, 01:04:08 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
A suggestion on this beta:

A tool either in your engine or separately that converts characters into the format needed to play them.

Just a thought.
#13  December 29, 2007, 01:11:09 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
Re: A new engine FEO (Fighting Engine Online) like Mugen with multiplayer netw
#14  December 29, 2007, 02:23:58 pm
  • Kikou Shou
A suggestion on this beta:

A tool either in your engine or separately that converts characters into the format needed to play them.

Just a thought.

I agree.  Ive been waiting on SofiyaCat and the others, hopefully this one will get done quicker.  Good luck.
#15  December 29, 2007, 03:17:00 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Once the beta is complete, I will forward any reccomandations and improvement suggestions to you...
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#16  December 29, 2007, 03:56:25 pm
  • LMAO!
Well, I'm excited.

EDIT:

I can't make it work:

Is it command-line software?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[/center]
Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 06:12:24 pm by Orange Pencil Tip
#17  December 29, 2007, 06:38:15 pm
online play... a dream...
#18  December 29, 2007, 07:14:57 pm
  • "I am The Perfect CHAOS..."

Yeah no kiddin... I downloaded that streetfighteronline.com game and Signed Up an everything just to Play it, and Yeaaaaah... The Intro movie looked Cool and it seemed like it would be just like MUGEN, the Connection was Crappy (Lag City*) and basically its just a Cool lookin FLASH Game. *Shrugs*
#19  December 29, 2007, 07:27:45 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!

Yeah no kiddin... I downloaded that streetfighteronline.com game and Signed Up an everything just to Play it, and Yeaaaaah... The Intro movie looked Cool and it seemed like it would be just like MUGEN, the Connection was Crappy (Lag City*) and basically its just a Cool lookin FLASH Game. *Shrugs*

Save yoursel the suffering and don't play SFO. They are made of capitalism (making money off others crap), theft (they stole Reu's work), and fail (as in they fail because their leechness is over 9000).
#20  December 29, 2007, 07:39:18 pm
  • Not the best time to realize your claustraphobic.
Would this work if say i had only a few hours of freetime a day and i could make more than a single chr from scratch a day, provided i have the sprites/sounds/whatnot, etc etc.  Or would this just make it easier to make a character.  OR even the option to alter or change a current Mugen Chr, with permission to their source and creator of course. [If this message sounds fishy its because im on painkillers for my sprained neck]