• Korn Spruit
    • www.titane.ca/igod/
"Never try to twist my words. They're twisted enough already."
Re: "WinMugen Plus"
#83  January 01, 2008, 03:22:07 am
  • DAT SAX
Awesome, now all we need is:

- Hi-res menu
- Being able to use high-res/low-res ANYTHING on one Mugen.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
Re: The Best Hi-res Mugen In The World!
#84  January 01, 2008, 10:15:58 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
i was just going to ask if that damn continue screen thing has been fixed yet and bam....

you should change the title to "UNIVERSAL MUGEN PATCH"....

I'm guna try this tomorrow.
It doesn't have an option for a low-res select.  Not universal.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#85  January 01, 2008, 04:37:27 pm
i still cant think of any screenpack that can replace eve. i have a lot of characters so mugen super wars can't hold that much character for me so i think il be using my old mugen for now.
#86  January 01, 2008, 07:50:21 pm
  • I got a PM.
Well this is orgasmic. The only problem is now I have to make screenpacks. Thx Kung Fu for hosting and who ever you are.
#87  January 03, 2008, 03:16:17 am
    • UK
i still cant think of any screenpack that can replace eve. i have a lot of characters so mugen super wars can't hold that much character for me so i think il be using my old mugen for now.

I used to use EVE but now i'm using the Unknown Mofit cause its so much easier to use. Can it be used for Mugen Plus?
To play or not to play: That is the question...
#88  January 03, 2008, 03:28:04 am
  • Fanatic.Mugen.NewsMaker Call.me.Maniac.in.short!
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
I used to use EVE but now i'm using the Unknown Mofit cause its so much easier to use. Can it be used for Mugen Plus?
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=63384.msg607857#msg607857
Just want some suggestions to make it better. :blank:
#89  January 04, 2008, 12:26:40 am
    • UK
I'm talking about the current Low-res version that I have. I got about 70 stages and over 100 charaters on it and I don't want to do a lot of file editing if I move to the hi-res version.
To play or not to play: That is the question...
#90  January 04, 2008, 12:32:51 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
only the hires stages need editing not the low res stages, plus there is a program that does that stuff for you
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#91  January 04, 2008, 06:54:23 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
It's a good thing I didn't have Hi-Res stages before this. So far, with this new mugen, I have a grand total of ONE Hi-Res stage.

Admittedly, there were like a few others (and I do mean a few) I wanted, but don't know the location of where they're uploaded..
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#92  January 04, 2008, 09:51:19 pm
  • El Sanguif es mas macho!
Thank you, Duke, for posting this patch. This will indeed help mugen develop. BTW, the size of character windows and cursors and stuff can be edited in lo-res screenpacks. While it might not be truly hi-res, it can be made to imitate it pretty well. Thanks again.
#93  January 04, 2008, 10:33:59 pm
It's a good thing I didn't have Hi-Res stages before this. So far, with this new mugen, I have a grand total of ONE Hi-Res stage.

Admittedly, there were like a few others (and I do mean a few) I wanted, but don't know the location of where they're uploaded..

you can always click on the HI-RES stages icon
#94  January 05, 2008, 02:05:49 am
  • Why so serious...?
Hey, I'm still new to the ropes so I need some help.
I'm having a bit of a problem with the patch. I got both the Mugen plus and the patch (I cant find the hires select screen EXE Only thing <_<; ) Anyways I put the mugen plus files into my normal mugen folder to replace the old files then I put the patcher in and ran it. I got an error message and saw that the winmugen app was a different name than what it was asking for so I changed it to mugen-hiselect and tried again and got this

I have a feeling that simply changing the app name isnt going to do anything, but I dont know how you guys got it to work :( I had also gotten it before were I could use the unknown screen pack normally and with hi res stages but all the low res stages got messed up as if I was using normal hi res mugen.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#95  January 05, 2008, 02:14:56 am
  • Fanatic.Mugen.NewsMaker Call.me.Maniac.in.short!
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
#96  January 05, 2008, 12:14:18 pm
anyone seem to have troubles adding music to the select screen...

i did it the same way i do it for everything

sound/SFZ2/201-player_select.mp3

but nothing... just silence.... ARRGGGH!!!
Hello guys.  I have touched children.
#97  January 05, 2008, 06:39:55 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.

you can always click on the HI-RES stages icon

I can't recall any specific HR stage from this forum... one I wanted was the one people kept asking for a while back: the youtube video had Vyn's Evil Ryu and some sort of Guy edit.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#98  January 05, 2008, 11:57:10 pm
    • www-personal.umich.edu/~tdkim/ziltama/
anyone seem to have troubles adding music to the select screen...

i did it the same way i do it for everything

sound/SFZ2/201-player_select.mp3

but nothing... just silence.... ARRGGGH!!!

Hmm.

1) Really, really, really make sure the path is specified correctly and that the file actually exists.

2) Try using a decent mp3 dll.  I use in_mp3pro.dll.  I don't like (the more or less default) in_mad.dll.  It makes mp3's too quiet.

3) You may need to rename the mp3 file itself to something "simpler".
#99  January 06, 2008, 04:55:33 am
yeah i forgot to put in different plugin's i had set up for my old mugen the one kfm provided sucks on my comp....
Hello guys.  I have touched children.
#100  January 06, 2008, 02:38:05 pm
yowser, definitely time to upgrade.

I was using eve, have about 1000 characters and was perfectly happy with it (except for the generous loading times). I was also using about half a dozen lo-res motifs, X-Men:Children of the Atom, Marvel Super Heroes etc.

Now I'll be using the winmugen plus with a decent amount of slots for my main game.

I'll still keep a folder with all my lo-res screenpacks though, at least until they themselves get upgraded to hi-res. So far I think just Capcom vs SNK 2 has been done.

Just have to work out the new directory paths so they'll be interchangable.  --;
Secret project:
Spriting now begun.

0.2%

Big news coming soon.