YesNoOk

My Ash Ketchum sprites (Read 25287 times)

Started by Gaiash, November 19, 2007, 11:42:08 pm
Re: My Ash Ketchum sprites
#41  December 29, 2007, 11:11:10 pm
Good but a 2 layer shading is needed on all those sprites... If  you are going for a cartoon style.

Nice i like em i would love to see it in fully animation :3
#42  January 05, 2008, 05:13:06 pm
Well as I've said I'm not ready for shading yet. Anyway I'm currently working on sprites for Ash throwing a Pokeball as well as various Pokemon such as Charizard.

Until they are ready here is another alternate color sceme based on Ash's original outfit

WIP: Ash Ketchum
Sprite count - 14
#43  January 05, 2008, 05:37:16 pm
  • LMAO!
Given the drawing style, I don't think it's even necessary to shade the sprites. Good luck on your project.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[/center]
#44  January 05, 2008, 07:03:55 pm
#45  January 06, 2008, 12:12:46 am
  • LMAO!
...People just love going to different depths and lengths just to prove someone wrong.

Look at the sprite, it doesn't seem to need to be shaded, or it could just be me.

[/center]
#46  January 06, 2008, 04:11:35 am
Left= 1 layer shade

Right= 2 layer shade

witch looks better?
#47  January 06, 2008, 04:17:59 am
  • LMAO!

[/center]
#48  January 06, 2008, 11:18:20 pm
#49  January 08, 2008, 07:09:18 pm
Ok people enough, if I get better at shading I'll use shading and if I don't I won't. Simple as that. Most likely I'll release this without the shading and in the future I'll go back and add it. I'd rather have no shading than bad shading.

Anyway here is a new sprite

Sprite count - 14
#50  January 09, 2008, 09:48:39 pm
I don't care about anything they say about the shading. Those sprites still rock! :sugoi:
#51  January 10, 2008, 12:21:05 am
  • Za Warudo!
Why not try a few Pokemon action shots since... This is Satoshi, there is no Satoshi without Pokemon
#52  January 11, 2008, 09:45:17 am
Why not try a few Pokemon action shots since... This is Satoshi, there is no Satoshi without Pokemon
I am working on them. I have two planned hypers and one planned special using Pokemon. I'll have some soon, until then heres a punch sprite.

Sprite count - 14
Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 10:05:29 am by Gaiash

OZ

#53  January 12, 2008, 04:40:30 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Still looking forward to it.
ಠ_ಠ
#54  January 12, 2008, 05:43:13 am
  • Za Warudo!
Looks really good.

I did a small edit, added a pokemon.  I used a Diamond and Pearl sprite and simplified the colors, getting rid of a lot of the many shades. Just a still though, to be meant for ideas. I also made the fist a little bigger, Darkened the pants, and the shoe color (As not to blend in with the pants) and added a pokeball.

JNi

#55  January 18, 2008, 09:51:00 pm
    • JonathanAM.webs.com
Here Is Image I draw

Maybe You can use it
for portrait

«latest release on: December,25,2009,»
#56  January 21, 2008, 01:10:33 am
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Not a bad sprite of ash, but i really dont see him being a figther. maybe him summoning his damn pets to fight for him...but hey, its your work :P can use some fine pixeling to sharpen the look. try drawing the images on paper first to get some ref on his stance and try to make a light source for him to shade him up.
#57  January 22, 2008, 01:56:43 pm
Looks really good.

I did a small edit, added a pokemon.  I used a Diamond and Pearl sprite and simplified the colors, getting rid of a lot of the many shades. Just a still though, to be meant for ideas. I also made the fist a little bigger, Darkened the pants, and the shoe color (As not to blend in with the pants) and added a pokeball.

Well I do plan of using some Pokemon for special and hyper moves. I plan of using this sprite when Ash commands them

I've also made a few Pokemon sprites. These two aren't quite finished yet, I still have work to do on Bulbasaur's bulb and Charizards tail.

Here Is Image I draw

Maybe You can use it
for portrait
Maybe, it looks good. I'm thinking of using this screenshot as a base for his portait though.

Not a bad sprite of ash, but i really dont see him being a figther. maybe him summoning his damn pets to fight for him...but hey, its your work :P can use some fine pixeling to sharpen the look. try drawing the images on paper first to get some ref on his stance and try to make a light source for him to shade him up.
Well Ash has a few scenes that would transfer well for fighting. The Aura in the 8th movie will definatly be one of Ash's specials, most likely as a projectile blast.

And finding a light source isn't the issue, I'm not ready for shading just yet. I've already said I might add shading once I've practiced. If I don't my next project will have shading.

Sprite count - 14
#58  January 23, 2008, 09:30:56 am
  • LMAO!
Take your time, shading is a pain in the ass.

[/center]

ChrisRedfield

#59  February 04, 2008, 09:43:52 pm

ChrisRedfield

#60  February 26, 2008, 02:56:51 pm
Any progress so far?