YesNoOk

Live Chat? (Read 5708 times)

Started by #Shaun, January 27, 2008, 10:01:17 pm
Share this topic:
Live Chat?
#1  January 27, 2008, 10:01:17 pm
  • corner push pusher
Live chat for the guild sounds like a good idea to me.

....what about you?
Re: Live Chat?
#2  January 27, 2008, 10:07:21 pm
IRC.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3  January 27, 2008, 10:24:48 pm
#4  January 27, 2008, 10:25:24 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
You're gonna have to drop the "#" in your name, though. Only chat rooms begin with "#." :p
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#5  January 27, 2008, 10:31:00 pm
  • corner push pusher
I was speaking more of a java-scripted chat room embedded into the guild. I don't have access to IRC (once again, another mind-boggling restriction issued by the library system).

#6  January 27, 2008, 10:32:47 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
#7  January 28, 2008, 12:30:42 am
    • Germany
that applet does the same thing any other irc application does, if they blocked the ports he won't be able to connect either way
#8  January 28, 2008, 02:07:00 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Oh.

"I don't have access to IRC (once again, another mind-boggling restriction issued by the library system)." was added after my reply.

IRC is often used for file-sharing and therefore sometimes blocked by universities, libraries, et cetera.
--R. Scott Bakker
#9  January 30, 2008, 03:30:05 pm
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
Rarely, but yeah.

I remember the only time I used the file tranfer feature of IRC, and that when someone was patient enough to let me download Elena -  Beats in my Head with my 56k.
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE
#10  January 31, 2008, 02:07:43 am

....what about you?

You gotta be fucking kidding me.Are you serious?With all the flamewars and drama that goes on this forum,you got the nerve to say that the guild should have a chat room?It would be more of a warzone in there.Half the people from this forum would probably be banned.The guild will be banning about 20 people a day.
Sounds like a bad idea.It would be interesting though if they do make a chat room
#11  January 31, 2008, 02:13:21 am
    • Germany
Haha, great post. "What?! Complete sux, flamewars, bans, stuff. I'd be interested."

well as mentioned, we do have an irc chan ^_^
#12  February 01, 2008, 06:25:41 pm
  • corner push pusher
Strange as it sounds, I've never used IRC (or mIRC) either. I'm at home right now so I'll try it out.
#13  February 01, 2008, 08:31:29 pm
Where is the link to the guild's IRC channel?
#14  February 01, 2008, 08:37:24 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#15  February 01, 2008, 08:49:55 pm
#16  February 01, 2008, 09:10:33 pm
    • Germany
yeah you could try actually reading the post he linked to, not just click the blue clickable things...
#17  February 01, 2008, 09:31:19 pm
#18  February 03, 2008, 04:36:02 am
  • Gotta go fast!!
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum/index.php

....what about you?

You gotta be fucking kidding me.Are you serious?With all the flamewars and drama that goes on this forum,you got the nerve to say that the guild should have a chat room?It would be more of a warzone in there.Half the people from this forum would probably be banned.The guild will be banning about 20 people a day.
Sounds like a bad idea.It would be interesting though if they do make a chat room

I completely agree. Still, it wouldn't hurt to try it out...
Signature by my pal, Signature Queen TempesT!!

#19  February 03, 2008, 03:02:01 pm
    • Germany
the chat room is pretty quiet, and when there's something to talk about the atmosphere is very friendly, actually.

next to no requests, and flamers are pretty much defeated by idleness :lugoi:
#20  February 05, 2008, 05:49:55 pm
  • corner push pusher