YesNoOk

Banned for defending myself (Read 44848 times)

Started by reezy718, February 08, 2008, 10:08:56 pm
Re: Banned for defending myself
#41  February 10, 2008, 03:31:07 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
posting in a forum isn't a right, IT'S A FUCKING PRIVILEGE
The TOS speaks the truth. :P

Spoiler: Website TOS (click to see content)

How many forums actually followed everything the TOS stated? :P
#42  February 10, 2008, 03:32:58 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
None I know of. :bushgoi:
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#43  February 10, 2008, 03:37:36 pm
  • heh i create stages...
    • www.freewebs.com/nlck09
posting in a forum isn't a right, IT'S A FUCKING PRIVILEGE
The TOS speaks the truth. :P

Spoiler: Website TOS (click to see content)

How many forums actually followed everything the TOS stated? :P

Hey forums can change it too,

for when people register.

You just go to Members --> Registration --> Registration Agreement in the admin cp,

and what do you know you can even click the little box to not require new members to agree to it. :P
#44  February 10, 2008, 03:46:11 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
i know, but still its not like that newbies that joins a forum will sit there and actually read the rules before joining. Especially if its a community where n00bs join just to get in and leech away.

Part of the reason why there are rules posted in various threads in many forums. Then again, the view count never matches the forum count meaning its neglected by many like normal.
#45  February 10, 2008, 03:52:09 pm
  • heh i create stages...
    • www.freewebs.com/nlck09
i know, but still its not like that newbies that joins a forum will sit there and actually read the rules before joining. Especially if its a community where n00bs join just to get in and leech away.

Part of the reason why there are rules posted in various threads in many forums. Then again, the view count never matches the forum count meaning its neglected by many like normal.

Yep i agree. :P
#46  February 10, 2008, 04:41:39 pm
  • Gotta go fast!!
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum/index.php
Hotreezy says he was called a loser, right?

How many people are really offended by that these days?

I know chaps younger than ten years of age, that would shrug off such an insult, like water roff a duck's back.

You've gotta be really immature to be roffended by bein' called a loser...
Signature by my pal, Signature Queen TempesT!!

mauricio1gonzalez

#47  February 10, 2008, 04:55:53 pm
and you would have to be imature to be offended be being called cat sniffer (oz)
#48  February 10, 2008, 05:57:32 pm
  • Am I evil?
Err...lock topic now that everything's been given a solution?

I also don't see how is this Forum Feedback, it seemed more PM material between reezy and "insert moderator/administrator"  :S.

Might as well also say that a "legitimate defense" has VERY specific parameters and scenarios to be accepted as that, and not an offensive, counter-offensive, or whatever.

Sig made by TempesT :)
#49  February 10, 2008, 06:02:11 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
IDK, reezy uses Forum Feedback to whine about his latest banning.

If he tried a little hard than a 7 year old, he might've actually had somewhat of a legitimate argument.
#50  February 10, 2008, 06:04:14 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
After old forum users accusations of abuse by part of the staff I rather that everyone has a clear view of what is happening, thus the answer being made openly visible, instead of locking, dumping and answering by pms.

thetopdog

#51  February 10, 2008, 06:08:14 pm
I wasnt really offended by what he said.Its just that two wrongs dont make a right.It dont make sense for him to get away with it with no type of punishment at all but yet I get banned.Im put it like this:

If this was school or college and lets say two guys had a fight.Lets say the school found out who provoked the fight but the person who was defending they self made a few offensive insults.Who do you think is gonna get the worse punishment?The person who started and provoked the fight or the person who defended they self but was a little too offensive.They both will get punished but the person who provoked it is gonna get the worse punishment.Neither one of them is gonna get away with it,free of any punishment.

Im make another example,lets say Some cops see two guys arguing.lets say the cops see the whole thing,they see who takes the first punch and everything.Do you know whats gonna happen?They both gonna get thrown on the ground,handcuffed and both will go to jail for a day or two.They not gonna care about who language was more offensive or who made the most insults.

anyway Im pretty much done arguing about this.It seems like everybody is on one side and nobody understands my point of view.I never said I was right.I know I was wrong.I just felt both of us(Reika) should've been banned.

Yo Shaun I have nothing against you now that I see you was more mature about the situation.he main thing Im arguing about now is how Reika came in the thread cheerleading,disrespecting me but yet I have no right to defend myself.They said I was too "offensive".So that means I should be banned and he doesnt deserve no punishment?

Anyway like I said Im pretty much done arguing about this

#52  February 10, 2008, 06:11:16 pm
  • Gotta go fast!!
Welcome back, Hotreezy.

#53  February 10, 2008, 06:14:25 pm
again taking jokes too seriouly is over immature

if the fool spoke, the wise better stay quiet
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#54  February 10, 2008, 06:17:28 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Let me put this in yet another way. You are at work and a colleague starts arguing with you, to answer him you start screaming about how he has dicks on his face and he is a good for nothing we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years.Then you proceed to say that he is a woman and has a dildo up his cunt. 

Your boss fires you for sexual discrimination.

You complain to him that where you come from , saying that someone is a woman and therefore useless is slang is not taken as an insult doesnt get you that much of compensation. Hell , we were even just do it for a day or so that you might take it off with a warning, but then you go and proceed to even mouth off who was warning you.

Useless mods indeed.

thetopdog

#55  February 10, 2008, 06:25:35 pm
Let me put this in yet another way. You are at work and a colleague starts arguing with you, to answer him you start screaming about how he has dicks on his face and he is a good for nothing we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years.Then you proceed to say that he is a woman and has a dildo up his cunt. 

Your boss fires you for sexual discrimination.

You complain to him that where you come from , saying that someone is a woman and therefore useless is slang is not taken as an insult doesnt get you that much of compensation. Hell , we were even just do it for a day or so that you might take it off with a warning, but then you go and proceed to even mouth off who was warning you.

Useless mods indeed.

Ok so you're telling me that the colleague is not gonna get any type of punishment?either way you put it we both are gonna suffer consequences.For one if a boss or manager catches two co workers arguing they both gonna get fired.
Lets say I only get fired.The other colleague is gonna get a suspension or something.The boss will have a talk with him,especially if he started the whole drama.he's not gonna get away with it.
Another thing you didnt come in the thread warning me,you came in the thread taking sides,making jokes and telling me that you was gonna ban me.You never said anything to Reika,better yet you never even warned him

Edit:To Gay Colossus:it wasnt a joke,it was more of a insult.I can tell by the way he worded it.Plus at the same time,he was being Shaun's cheerleader and groupie.
#56  February 10, 2008, 06:27:38 pm
  • Gotta go fast!!
Being called a loser is nothing.

Since a lot of you cuss anyway (I never do.), I'm sure you've been called worse things and've done nothing.....unless you're one who beats up anyone who calls you a bad name...

Lets say!!!!!
#57  February 10, 2008, 06:28:12 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Let's also say [E] has been with the company from the beginning and everybody knows his uses and quirks. You're the untrained new guy. :beam:
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#58  February 10, 2008, 06:29:40 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Because he never got to the point of rudeness you got.Had reika been as offensive, I would have told him to cut it out, as it stands he wasnt even that offensive by comparation. Or do you believe that the way he behaved offended someone else than you?
The way you behaved potentially offended many more than just him.

thetopdog

#59  February 10, 2008, 06:38:41 pm
Because he never got to the point of rudeness you got.Had reika been as offensive, I would have told him to cut it out, as it stands he wasnt even that offensive by comparation. Or do you believe that the way he behaved offended someone else than you?
The way you behaved potentially offended many more than just him.

ok I agree with some of the things you said.The way I behaved though on that thread only offended two people from what I know.I put it like this,If Reika would've never instigated the situation it wouldnt have gotten as far as it got.Me and Shaun probably would've settled the situation and this thread probably would've never been made.it just the fact that Reika opened his bigmouth,hopping on another man's you know what and instigated the whole situation.Now that I think about it though,The instigator never gets any punishment and Im talking about in general,not only forums.So I guess you're right
#60  February 10, 2008, 06:56:35 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
This forum is a bit lax on insults. Some of the normal users would have been banned already if the mods banned people for a small insult.

Your ban seems to be based off the fact that you were being obscenely offensive.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.